Mission: TOPdesk helps organisations to improve their services with user-friendly standardised software. Our starting point is the needs of the organisation, the people who will be using the software and the customers they will support. Collaboration is essential to these projects, both ...
I have been working at TOPdesk full-time (Less than a year)
- Relaxed working culture where employees are encouraged to take responsibility, they're trusted to do their jobs and they aren't micro-managed.
- Strong understanding from management about the need for work/life balance. This comes in the form of flexible working hours, excellent holiday entitlement and an unprecedented ability (when compared to my previous jobs) to alter pay/time ratios to work less or earn even more time off etc.
- Incredibly friendly, supportive environment to work in. Culture of information sharing ensures strong support networks when training and performing day-to-day tasks. Weekly staff socials, in addition to numerous special events help engender this sense of being part of a team too.
- Generous pension scheme and private healthcare.
- Staff seem to recognise that they are lucky to work in this environment and have a good thing going here. As a result, employees have higher levels of morale, loyalty and respect for the company than you would normally expect to see.
I have worked at TOPdesk for around a month and have therefore only really been exposed to the training programme at this stage. Nothing significant that I could put in this category so far.
Advice to Management
From what I have seen so far, it seems that much of TOPdesk's success is due to highly motivated employees, responding to a work culture which places trust in them and rewards them with options for a great work/life balance. Don't change this!!
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk in May 2017.
At a job fair they took in my CV, offered me an interview the next week. The interview itself was two people, one head recruiter from Manchester that was on a Skype call kind of thing and a team leader from London. Second interview was offered the same day. Interview had a lot of focus on educational choices ie, why my degree or why those subjects in gcse etc.
TEDx Talk by our CEO, Wolter Smit, and TOPdesk's Secret to Building a Healthy & Happy Workplace http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQlom
Find out who TOPdesk are! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQB0W