Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2017

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen, followed by About 6 hours on site, 1:1, video call with staff in Illinois, group lunch. Cambridge campus is very nice / modern. Mixed space with R&D labs. Post transformation Takeda is a global player focusing on oncology. I was placed in a small conference room and staff called in or logged in to interview me while they were remote. Seems most staff work only 1/2 day on Friday so that is a bonus for culture / work-life balance.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took about 2 weeks. Interview was purely behavioral and took place on college campus. Offer was sent two weeks after interview.

Sales Representative- Norristown Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very convoluted and the lack of communication was surprising. There were no follow emails provided and I had to reach out to get updates regarding the position. After checking the candidate profile platform one day - it actually said that I went in and withdrew my own application for consideration and was no longer being considered for the position. This never happened and I had to make several calls to find out how this error occurred in their system. They never provided any insight, however, the next day they simply switched it to the typical Thank you for applying but...
    I was actually shocked! The phone interview went extremely well and the HireView questions were simple for me since I have experience in pharma as well as in training, as I am a Certified Sales Trainer. All communication stopped after the video was submitted. I find it very peculiar that someone with my background that exceeded the requirements they were looking for, wouldn't make it to the final round- except that I'm not Caucasian.

Interview Questions

• What are some of you biggest accomplishments and how did you achieve them?   1 Answer

QC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Started with a 30 minute phone screen describing the position and asking about my background and experience as it relates to the position. Few days later was invited in for a on site interview that lasted about 3 hours with 5 different managers from the facility.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had a negative experience in a team setting and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

A panel of three scientists, who each hired their own intern, described their projects. They asked questions about experience and at the end of the interview was a math quiz to make sure that you can properly do calculations for buffers. 2/3 of the questions were difficult.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Deerfield, IL (US)).

Interview

Interview was fine, normal for this position. Here's what isn't: Do you want to supply 5-7 references PRIOR to going to your onsite interview? And by supply, I mean have them fill out EXTENSIVE review forms - like doing your year-end review because I guess the managers at Takeda can't evaluate people themselves? That's the job isn't it?

They waste a tremendous amount of your reference's time and goodwill and if more companies adopt this your references are going to get really really tired of it! Poor business practice in a very small world.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

easy conversational, wanted to learn more about your background rather than your future goals. basic interview questions with a few situational questions. look up basic interview questions to prepare.

District Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Be prepared to talk about running the district like a business. There is a bigger focus on metrics and making smart business decisions than on product knowledge. You need to show how you can help increase a districts efficiency and help representatives focus in on key targets by quickly qualifying their most important HCPS

Interview Questions

• How would you run your district like a business?   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for position and had to create an online account to check the status of my application. Two weeks after applying I received an email requesting for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of normal walk me through your resume questions a few STAR format questions. A few days after that I was invited by email to take a digital interview called HireVue where you have one chance to record an answer for a 5 STAR type questions and other situational questions. The following week I received another email asking me to schedule for an in person interview. There were only a few timeslots available. The first interview went very well and was very conversational with the district manager. The following week, I received another email asking me to schedule an in person interview for the following day. The Second interview was much like the first, with several situational questions and discussion of other information about the position. I was told if I made it to the next step there would be an interview in Chicago with the regional sales manager and that only 1 to 2 people would be interviewing. I called the HR recruiter who did the phone interview with me afterwards and she said she would call me immediately after she spoke to the district manager. However I never got a call back as I got an email a week and a half later asking for 5 to 25 references who would be emailed questionnaires to fill out about me. After all my references finished their questionnaires I called the recruiter and she told me she would call me as soon as she heard something else as I was down to the top two or three candidates. Two weeks passed with radio silence. The recruiter in HR did not return my calls or contact me. The day after I was told the position would need to be filled I checked my online account and it had been updated to say they had chosen to move forward with someone else. They did not even email or call me me to let me know I did not not get the position even though I was down to the final two or three candidates. Although Takeda is a great company their communication and the entire interview process was extremely frustrating. It's hard to move on to another position in your job search when you get radio silence and no updates for weeks and weeks.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was almost all day from 8am-2pm. I met with eight people. I appreciated the care that went into the interview process. It shows that they are discerning and are looking for a good fit.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.