The Very Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Very Group

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Talent and Culture Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Very Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was really clear and consisted of three stages, the first two stages included my hiring manager and the third stage was a meeting with the MD of the business

Interview Questions

• It was all about my competence and experience. It was as much about finding out if I was right for the role as was the role and the company right for me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Very Group.

Interview

Ask you to do Webchat scenario and then asked to do a phone interview and followed by scenario role play which they give you a letter of a customers complaint.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group (Liverpool, England) in August 2020.

Interview

First interview was fairly informal, answering questions about myself and what my future goals are. Followed by a data analytics test on excel (20 minutes) and another test for analysing data (15 minutes). After submitting the two tests I was asked for another informal interview.

Design Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Very Group (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

1) telephone Interview (that got canceled)
    2) Face to Face Interview

Never got a response from the employer, constantly had to chase with no hope from telephone interview to physical interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself making a positive impact on the role.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group (Liverpool, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Asked to present 2x case studies which for 1hr then 1hr interview followed by another on the spot case study which was fairly grueling. Seemed like really nice people during the interview but were extremely harsh with their feedback

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you've had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

Junior Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Very Group in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online after seeing on LinkedIn. Was contacted for a telephone interview where we spoke briefly about the role and I was invited for an interview in the London office. Had an informal interview with cv run through and competency questions- went well. I followed up the day after by email to find out when I may hear re whether I was through to the next stage, asking for feedback. Did not hear back. Followed up again the following week, no response. Followed up again after 3 weeks and still no response. Really unprofessional from Hr from my point of view- should always respond to a candidate whether they were successful or not. Very disappointed with the communication from HR as now 4 weeks on and still no email response.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage your team when they are based in Liverpool and you are based in London?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Very Group (Liverpool, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online and they called me quickly and wanted to schedule an interview with a matter or urgency. I took annual leave to attend for a “chat” and was told the next stage was a formal interview. This was something that wasn’t communicated to me when I initially had a phone call with the recruiter, the chat I had when I went to the offices was exactly the same as the phone call I had.

This is when all communicated stopped. I was reassured that I would find out and get feedback the following week. This never happened. I emailed the recruiter and followed this up with the text a few weeks later and was blatantly ignored. After seeing another glass door review with the same experience of myself, I feel that it is only right that I also share my experience.

I have never dealt with such an unprofessional recruiter in my working life, and unfortunately she doesn’t make your company look very good to perspective employees.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Very Group (Liverpool, England).

Interview

Fairly quick to schedule an interview but once I had attended the communication stopped. Was told I would be notified the next week but heard nothing and have been ignored on several occasions since.

Atmosphere was nice and the building looks fantastic. Hopefully I get the opportunity to work here in the future. The interview itself was great as I got to meet a few members of the team and learn more about a company I have wanted to join for years.

Interview Questions

The Very Group Response

19 Nov 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Really sorry to hear this, It is not acceptable and receiving feedback is the minimum we can provide you after you have taken the time to interview with us. On top of that to feel ignored must be really frustrating and i don't want to make excuses for the poor experience we provided. However i am keen to get you that feedback and an explanation of what happened. Please can you contact me directly so i can handle this for you, my email address is: simon.halkyard@shopdirect.com thank you for persevering and leaving this feedback, it is this kind of feedback we can learn from.

Commercial Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Very Group (Liverpool, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Disjointed, lacked quality or direction. People interviewing lacked experience and often spoke about themselves. Vague on what they wanted and role interviewing for. Would not work for shop direct

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Very Group (Liverpool, England) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a HR executive, a second phone interview with the hiring manager, a presentation, a skills test and a face to face scenario based interview. In the lead up to the face to face interview all communication from HR was timely and efficient. Weeks after the face to face interview (which was over 2 hours long during the working day) I had to chase HR for the outcome, only to eventually receive a copy and pasted email which didn’t address me by name. I think due to the amount of time and effort required from candidates to complete each stage of the process, it would be courteous to inform all candidates whether or not they have been successful within the promised time frame.

Interview Questions

• What economic risks do you think Shop Direct are currently facing?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.