UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,818 of over 3,818.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Video-heavy and no telephone discussions, particularly in light of the pandemic. Several rounds meeting with senior leadership which was expected. That’s really all that needs to be said on a GD platform

Interview Questions
  • **CANDIDATES, BEWARE!!!** The Interview process wasn't the issue; it was the UNFORGETTABLE offer experience at the end, when I was clearly the last candidate standing. A Fortune 10 - I repeat Fortune 10 - company who can easily afford to compensate top talent at market rate...couldn't even offer a competitive salary, or sign-on bonus, or 6-month review in lieu of bonus, or mgmt bonus until 2 YEARS down the road. In fact, this company couldn't - wouldn't - negotiate at all (what company worth their salt offers ANYONE a sophisticated position without expecting SOME kind of negotiation?) Their reason for being sooo hinky: "Internal Equity" issues. They blamed their inability to negotiate with candidates on their current workforce. To add insult to their own brand injury, the HR recruiter had the audacity to rebuke me for reaching out to the would-be HM to seek clarity on the very bizarre job offer email and non-negotiating. "You go through ME", they said. How odd, since the HM was the actual boss - NOT this unprofessional HR person who "thought" they were higher than the HM. I shared this shocking news with some career experts. Their response: "You were wise to RUN from that company". Shame on UHG for condoning such a horrible candidate experience. If you want to attract talent to find their "Life's Best Work", perhaps you should first pitch top candidates YOUR best offer package.
    Answer Question
83 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

The interviewer was over 45 minutes late & never showed up to the video interview. Writing this to disclose the complete unprofessionalism displayed. The interview was due to be held virtually thru Microsoft Teams. I joined 10 minutes early. I was still in the waiting room 10 minutes after the interview’s scheduled time . I went back to my email to ensure I had the right time. After 30 minutes, I called the Recruiter. His line went straight to voicemail. I left a message & even tried calling again. I followed up with an email as well. After 45 minutes and NO correspondence (still none 3 hours later btw), I left because my time is valuable. The fact that I made the move to be up and prompt for the interview, and no courtesy was given to inform me on why the hiring manager did not join the meeting is unacceptable. No longer interested in the company AT ALL.

3 people found this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

I got a email for a video interview. They gave me practice questions and then I had a series of 3 questions that were timed. I had 1 minute to prepare and read the question and 3 mins to be recorded and answer the question. They also gave me 3 times to retry.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time your communication style was different than a coworkers and how did you get through it?

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Friendly staff, easy to communicate with, very informative. Interview started promptly. Was informed of the position I was being interviewed for. Gave me the opportunity to verbalize my skill set thoroughly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Completed a 30min interview with a recruiter. Was given specific timelines for next steps including outreach by the hiring manager within 2 days. He made sure to state he would also follow up regarding final decisions or changes. I reached out when the hiring manager hadn’t contacted me. The recruiter then told me the job was dissolved and given to someone internally. (It had dissolved in the span of 2 days after being open online on job boards for several weeks.)

Interview Questions
  • “Give me the spark notes version of your resume/job history”

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

the interview went smoothly no problems can wait to get a response to see the decision. the interviewer was very nice and personable it was a joy talking with her I have no com[plaimts just waiting on more information

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richardson, TX) in Sep 2021

Interview

Interview process was simple, but long. - I took an assessment test. - I completed a digital video interview - Finally, I completed a virtual interview. It was kind of odd because the woman interviewing me never turned on her camera… so why not do a phone interview? As mentioned above, easy interview process, but a very long one.

Interview Questions
  • - Tell me about yourself? - Tell us about a time you had to complete several steps or processes to defuse a situation, customer or colleague. - Tell us about a time your boss gave you constructive criticism and how you handled it.
2 people found this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

I had an initial interview with the hiring manager directly. It went fairly well but then I didn't hear back either way for a long period of time. I wish I would have been kept in the loop better.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

I applied online, resume submitted online, recruiter got in touch with me through proper channels, initial interview occurred, arrangements were made and communicated well by the company to accommodate face to face interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in Sep 2021

Interview

The recruiter seemed disinterested during our call. I never heard back after waiting a few weeks. I have to add some more stuff to make this longer so this will be thirty words.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,818 Interviews