Waters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Waters Interview Questions

Interviews at Waters

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Waters.

Interview

Three rounds of Interview, two phone interviews, and one on-site. The first phone interview was from HR, simple behavioral questions. The second-round phone interview was from the hiring manager, slightly harder and some focuses on past experiences. The on-site interview was about 3 hours, I was interviewed by 4 different employees separately, including the hiring manager. Again, it is more about past experiences and behavrioal questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Milford, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

In early August, after phone screen with recruiter, I interviewed via phone conference with hiring manager. He informed me the process would be wrapped up in approximately 6 weeks. I interviewed onsite with 5 different stakeholders in mid-September. The week following, I had 3 additional interviews with stakeholders via video-conference.

Overall, a great experience. The hiring team effectively set expectations up front and followed through with communication all along the way.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle being the new kid on the block with a team of tenured employees?   Answer Question

Chemistry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Golden, CO (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Phone interview and then on-site interview, really easy process, everyone seemed nice, the facility was great, and a good ratio of men to women, had a gym inside, a food truck comes for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, tell me about a time when: you had to compromise, you didn't like a co-worker, how good are you with excel   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waters in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn listing.

Received reply from recruiter same day, scheduled a phone interview for the next week.

Screen interview with HR went well, proceeded to schedule interview with hiring managers.

A week and a half later, talk to hiring managers. For a grand total of 15 minutes. Chat was short, but to the point. They mention it's very much in the early stages and that I'd here back within a week or so about next steps, then ask if I'm still interested. Yes, I am.

I send a thank-you e-mail, no replies. One hiring manager looks to connect on LinkedIn. A week and a half later, no reply. I finally e-mail the HR rep asking what's up, to get a "we're going in a different direction for the Senior Scientist position".

Um. Er. I applied for the Principal Scientist position. But whatever.

Interview Questions

• "So, you ,semi-audible laughing> tell us about your past experience?   1 Answer

Director of Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

My qualifications matched almost exactly the job description but the company 'ghosted' me at the end of the process.

Interview process consisted of two parts.

Phone Screen - with Corporate Recruiter was smooth discussing qualifications for the position in detail. The style was very friendly and conversational in nature. Subsequently an interview with a hiring manager was scheduled.

Hiring Manager Interview - the person on the phone (VP level) seemed tired, not engaged, showed no real interest in the conversation and was not excited to discuss the role or the general vision of the organization/project. There were a few very standard questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waters in May 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Sustainability Communications Manager role on the Communications team. I applied to other positions on that team and received an email for a phone screen without the contact from Waters specifying which role they wanted to interview me for. I asked and it turned out that they wanted to interview me for another role that I hadn't applied for, so I had a phone interview. I was then brought in for a half-day full of interviews with 4 people on the team (all individual interviews). It was apparent that the hiring manager did not do her due diligence in looking into my background and seeing how it fit with the role prior to bringing me to campus. I was then notified that I did not receive the position via email, which I find to be rude. After bringing a candidate to campus for a half day of interviews, the hiring manager could have had the decency to call and inform me. I should add that I was not updated on my status until I inquired more than a week later. I am okay with not receiving the offer as I knew the position wasn't a fit, but I think the whole process was handled poorly. Have respect for other people's time and be selective with who you bring to campus. Candidates are busy too.

Operations Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Milford, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager, follow by a tour of the facility with the hiring manager then three half hour two on ones with cross functional groups including direct co workers and people in departments directly related to the role

Interview Questions

• If you had a disagreement with a coworker about how to proceed on a project, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Chemistry Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waters.

Interview

There were two phone interviews one with hiring manager and another with a team member followed by onsite interview. The [phone interview went very well with technical questions on LC troubleshooting, method development, column chemistries etc. The onsite interview involved a presentation and questions from team members. The onsite interview felt mostly as if the team members were trying to demotivate you about the job! E.g. they said things like its very difficult, there is no work life balance etc.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if there is a client who doesn't respond to your emails? How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was messaged on LinkedIn by a recruiter and did a standard phone screen with him, followed by a longer interview with one of the employees. I went for an all day interview onsite and met with many people, including lunch. Afterwards, I emailed four people to try to get an update on my candidacy and the only person to respond was an admin, who basically said it wasn’t her job to know the answer. I’ve never experienced such unprofessionalism at an interview.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

Due to geographical distance, I had multiple phone and Skype interviews with hiring manager, HR representative, regional and local sales managers. Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Hiring manager took a lot of time to explain the role and expectations, processes and company structure. Questions were almost exclusively (exception: HR) about my understanding of the position and interaction with sales and customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you get sales representatives to work with you on a marketing initiative for a certain product?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Seriously, what are your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.