Waters Field Service Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Waters Field Service Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Waters

3.2

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Several weeks, multiple conference calls with engineers, managers, and sales personnel. This is important since you are interacting with multiple stakeholders; talking technical helps when a like minded technician is responding, but how you articulate across an non-level field is more so important. Multiple people will ask you similar questions, but want a varying level of response; this is based on the forum in which you will be working - you will interact with all varieties of people, from upper management to rank and file - your people skills are equally, if not more, important than all the technical qualifications you acquire.

Interview Questions

• You walk onto a client site, and you have only one contact name and phone number. They cannot be reached. Describe in detail the steps that you take in order to accomplish your service call.

A client is having a repeat problem with what appears to be a software issue. Describe the steps you would take to try and rectify the problem.

Tell me about when something failed.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waters

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waters.

Interview

Interview was around 3 hours long. Four interviews including 3 Service Managers and 1 District Manager. Was asked about experience with LCMS systems. Was also asked to describe a particular situation in which I was under pressure to complete a task and the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Asked to draw schematic of LCMS system. General LCMS questions.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waters (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Was located in the UK so did my interviews over the phone and Skype. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Talked to my direct manager many times. Also had a Skype interview with a higher up manager.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Waters equipment.   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waters (Barcelona (Spain)) in May 2011.

Interview

Quick, clear and very friendly and confortable

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not flexible

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waters (New Delhi (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

At first there was a written test which consist of general IQ questions related to physics, chemistry and maths. there was also a section for english. after that a face to face interview was conducted on the same day. at the end the interviewer said me that they'll call me again if selected. and after a week i got a call from the interviewer saying the general manager of the company wants to conduct an interview round so i was there on the decided venue and time. this interview was also good, i was really very positive from it. but didn't got any call thereafter.

Interview Questions

• What are the machines you work on?   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eschborn (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waters (Eschborn (Germany)) in January 2018.

Interview

Sehr nette Begrüßung, lockere Atmosphäre trotzdem zielgerichtet, angenehmes Gespräch auf Augenhöhe. Es wird sich Zeit genommen. Der Faktor Mensch spielt eine große Rolle. Man bekommt relativ schnell das Gefühl Teil des Teams zu sein. Stets für Fragen offen, schnelles Feedback. Freu mich auf meine Aufgaben.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.