Wise Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 452 of over 452 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wise (Singapore) in May 2021

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn, got a response within 3 days that I have moved on to the 2nd round which is a video interview, powered by Hirevue, which includes 5 questions which you have to record your response on video, and 3 email that you have to craft your response to. After that, I got a reply within 2 working days that I made it to the final round, which is a 1 hour interview via zoom with the team lead. The meeting was scheduled for a week later. After the interview, I was told that I would get a reply within a week, be it whether I got the job or not. In the end, I got a response in about 24 hours, with an offer letter.

Interview Questions
  • These are the 5 questions for the interview powered by Hirevue - Tell me about a time where you've gone above and beyond what's expected of you? What was the situation? What actions did you take and why? - I'd like to know about a time that you made a mistake. What happened? Why? And how did you fix things? - Tell me about a time where you received negative feedback. What happened? How did it make you feel? What did you learn from the situation? -Is there anything else that you'd like to tell us about yourself or anything that you may have missed in your previous answers? - Describe a situation where you've decided to step in and help where it wasn't your responsibility to do so. In the final interview, be ready to face questions that require some thinking on your feet. - what makes you the best fit for the role? - tell me a time you had to deliver a difficult feedback. - tell me to you, what makes an excellent customer service?
    Answer Question
23 people found this interview helpful

Wise

Application

I interviewed at Wise

Interview

One round with HR and one round with 2 managers. Second round was longer and mixture of competency and role questions. First round was basic questions, around background and experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Wise

Join the conversation on

Coronavirus Work-life

1y

a

Tax Associate

If you make 70k and your wife/husband makes 90k (pre tax), and you split all the bills/expenses evenly, but when it comes to rent/mortgage you want to split it based upon income %, would you do it or do you still keep everything 50/50? If split 50/50 then after all the expenses both people have, the one making 70k only has a few hundred dollars a month for spending money. If split % wise, then both partners have decent amount of spending money. Would like to hear everyone’s opinions, thanks!

144 Comments

Join the conversation on

Wise

Application

I interviewed at Wise

Interview

1. Online Coding technical interview - 3 hours, multiple choice questions about coding practices and 2 long coding questions 2. Hirevue Behavioral Interview - 30 minutes, 5 questions 3. Technical zoom call - 1 hour call

Interview Questions
  • Coding questions were tailored specifically to what the company does. Don't need strong DSA knowledge but good and quick coding practices are useful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise (Nairobi) in Jan 2022

Interview

Engaging, 5 Videos question interviews, and 4 written email questions(as if responding to customer questions). Written questions are based on their FAQ esp on the wise card. The video questions are STAR technique-based.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me what you know about the Wise mission and also the culture here. Why do they appeal to you?2.Tell me about a time where you've gone above and beyond what's expected of you? What was the situation? 3.Tell me about a time where you received negative feedback. What happened? How did it make you feel? What did you learn from the situation? 4. Is there anything else that you'd like to tell us about yourself or anything that you may have missed in your previous answers? Can't recall 1. Hope this helps.

Wise

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wise in Jan 2022

Interview

I interviewed as a Senior Software Engineer with 10 years of experience, 6 of which in a well established software company. The journey into wise consists in 5 interviews: - Intro interview: with recruiter, talking about yourself & so on - Pair programming interview: 45 minutes interview with one engineer. - Technical interview: 1 hour 30 min system design interview with two engineers - Product interview: 1 hour product interview with a product manager. - Final interview: interview with our engineering lead and a team lead. I was stopped after the pair programming interview.

Interview Questions
  • - Define the interface for a value conversion service. - Implement an example of a conversion query. - Cache it.
  • - Yeah, it looks good, but should we do anything else? - Yes, but don't you think there is something that can be done differently? (variation of this same question for about 10 minutes)
  • Yeah, the function you are calling is not thread safe. How could we improve it.
  • But don't you think it's inefficient? Is there any other way we could do it? (Variation of the same question for about 10 minutes)
  • Yeah, it is not thread safe, you can call it just a certain number of times, what would you do? There is some feature in the language, but I'm trying to see what you think.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wise (Tallinn) in Nov 2021

Interview

The first Interview was throught HireView. It was quite complicated because you only have 3 minutes to answer each question. I got 5 pre-recorded questions and 4 emails from customers in writing. The emails I had 20 minutes to answer with Wise FAQ.

Interview Questions
  • These are the 5 questions for the interview powered by Hirevue: 1. Tell me what you know about the Wise mission and also the culture here. Why do they appeal to you? 2.Tell me about a time where you've gone above and beyond what's expected of you? What was the situation? What actions did you take and why? 3.I'd like to know about the time that you made a mistake. What happened? Why? And how did you fix things? 4.Tell me about a time where you received negative feedback. What happened? How did it make you feel? What did you learn from the situation? 5.Is there anything else that you'd like to tell us about yourself or anything that you may have missed in your previous answers?
14 people found this interview helpful

Wise

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wise

Interview

Entire interview ended in 15mins. It was a first round with the HR and was approached by a recruiter for this role. HR was not interested at all, asking very basic questions. Questions were one-way with barely any follow up interactions, just a Q&A format. To make things worse, HR interviewer seems rather hostile when questions were asked, and made 0 attempts to understand any of my experience and qualifications. In addition, HR picked and corrected me for no reason when I spoke correctly of the job title and description of the job, to an extent that I thought this was a completely different role. A disappointing experience overall and one of the worse I have encountered. Very concerning if this is the type of experience the firm wants to portray to talents and potential candidates. Rather surprised to receive such an experience especially when the general feedback I got about the company were rather positive.

Interview Questions
  • -Tell me more about yourself -Why do want to leave your current role -What does an ideal role looks like to you
1 person found this interview helpful

Wise

Application

I interviewed at Wise

Interview

Multiple rounds including HackerRank challenge, video recording, interviews with the team's leads. The setting was very laid back, the interview was almost like a conversation with someone. That being said, many of the questions were quite challenging and were tough to answer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a technical challenge you encountered and how did you solve it

Wise

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wise in Nov 2021

Interview

Most unorganised recruiter to ever encounter Recruiter sent out an email asking for my availability. I shared some calendar slots and was waiting for them to get back to me. Out of the blue I receive an email from recruiter saying they are running late and will join the calls in 10 minutes. I replied asking what call? I did not get any confirmation, acknowledgement, or meeting invite. To which they blatantly lied saying it has gone through my spam box and I have not checked it. They covered their incompetency by blaming me. Anyway, I let it go and said I can hop on a call (this is where I should I have respected my boundaries). On the call, they ask me irrelevant questions and kept scratching a particular point to make sure I fall in a pit for them to reject me. Most awful recruiter experience ever.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Wise? Why do you want to work for Wise, London? Why do you want to work for Wise, London as a Senior PM? Why do you want to work for Wise, London as a Senior PM in this particular team? I did not understand why the recruiter kept drilling on a specific point over and over again instead of focusing on other areas.
3 people found this interview helpful

Wise

Application

I interviewed at Wise

Interview

First step was completely online where you had to answer some general questions and record your response and after that they demanded some position related tasks to be completed. This was all fine, but the second step was horrible. The interviewers were really down, one of them had a very strong accent, which made it hard to understand the questions. But also, they were confused by their own questions and they were typing my answers while I was speaking which is why there was no eye contact, and they kept missing my answers and asking over again or summing it up as the opposite of what I would say. It was horrible, very inexperienced.

Interview Questions
  • The manager asked me the question of his life: What do you expect from me?

Wise

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wise

Interview

3 interviews in total, 1 HireVue and 2 virtual interviews. Each virtual interview had 2 interviewers and are about an hour long. Was invited for Hirevue a few days after submitting the application and was moved to the 1st interview a few days later. Informed that 1 passed the 1st round 2 to 3 days later and the final interview was held a few days later. Overall, a very pleasant process and an interview pack was sent to help candidates understand Wise and prepare for the interview. The turnaround time is very fast too. The interviewers were all very nice and genuinely interested to learn about you. Questions were very behaviour focus, so make sure to use STAR

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourselves. Why did you apply for this role? What do you understand about this role? How to deal with conflict? What are some improvements you can think of for Wise? Tell me about a time you gave feedback. Tell me about a time you receive feedback.
1 person found this interview helpful