Wise Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 411 of over 411 interviews

80 Comments

Join the conversation on

Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wise (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

This was a four stage process. First up a 45-minute screener with the recruiter, then an hour-long behavioural examples interview with a peer, then an hour-long case study review with 4 people (UX research lead, senior product designer, engineering team lead and product manager). The final stage was a call with the Design Director. The recruiter kept me in the loop all the way through with quick feedback and booking in for next stage. I had good instructions on what to expect and how to prepare. I got rejected after the case study review but was grateful for the feedback from all four panellists. They were spot on in their feedback - I had already come to the same conclusions myself that Transferwise was not the right place for me. I enjoyed the experience of all the stages - the people I met were friendly, interested and well-prepared.

Interview Questions
  • What’s your strategy for how to get started at Transferwise?
    Answer Question
  • How would you get a whole team engaged in research if they weren’t showing an interest?
  • How do you feel when priorities change?
2 people found this interview helpful

Wise

Application

I interviewed at Wise

Interview

Interview process was amazing and quite easy. I would suggest to apply and try your luck as it’s totally worth it. Environment is perfect and seems they really care about the employees.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you’re a perfect fit into this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wise (London, England, England)

Interview

Recruiter suggested me to consider the Lead Analyst role, which looked to be a good fit to my skills and experience and included analysis, presentation and developing a processes. When I met a hiring manager, they said they are looking for a technical person for a hands-on work which were not interesting for me. It looked like I was on the wrong meeting. I wrote a recruiter about the situation, but they never back to me at all.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience with Python?

Wise

Application

I interviewed at Wise

Interview

The interview consisted of 4 stages - CV application, coding test, video interview and a personal interview stage. The Coding test was conducted using Hackerrank and had a time limit of around 2h.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise (Tallinn) in Sep 2021

Interview

I applied online for a Customer Support Associate (offering Visa Sponsorship) for the Tallin office, Estonia. First surprise, they contacted me two working days after my application. How was it possible as they pretend to have too many applications? They said the Hirevue interview had two sections: the first section consisting of 5 pre-recorded oral questions in English and the second section composed of 4 questions to be answered as e-mails (three customer questions and one question about why I wanted to join their company and the team I was interested in). I had 5 calendar days to complete the interview. They added that they were considering the interviews on a first come, first served basis. So, they pushed me to act quickly, exactly as the crooks do. I hardly finished reading their e-mail that people came to my home to make a lot noise. They pretended to do repair works, but actually they have been informed by Wise employees that I had an interview that needed calm. So, they came to perturb it. I decided not to pursue the interview, but they extended the deadline unexpectedly. I believed in their good faith and paid another place, which seemed calm during my visit, to do the interview. Unfortunately, even there, through their local accomplices, they informed people who came to make noise, damaged my camera and microphone, probably through the Wi-Fi I shared with them (my neighbours). In less than 48 hours from the interview deadline, a technician fixed them. I did the interview without any serious preparation and with some technical concerns. Five working days later, as expected, they emailed me to tell me how they had strong candidates with great responses and higher scores than mine. That was the end of the theatre piece that sought to denigrate, to ridicule me and to give reason to the hypocritical and camouflaged racism that I have constantly denounced both in recruiting and in everyday life. As for the so-called "Visa Sponsorship", if you are in a developing country, outside of the European Union, note that Estonia has very few embassies that process visa applications. Wise know this. If by some miracle they sponsor your visa, you will first have to get the visa of a far away country (like USA, Canada, EU country in general) where the Estonian embassy processing visas is located. Despite these expenses and all this hassle, getting the Estonian work visa is not guaranteed. I discovered this out of curiosity after failing their so-called interview. Dear prospective candidates, please, do not rely on speeches and appearances. Only your own experience tells you what the real values of the people behind a company are. Pay special attention to negative feedbacks, as it is better to have a pleasant surprise than the opposite. They talked about transparency (in their values) and high scores. How was the interview rated? What was the grading scale? Candidates should know this before any objective test? They may be right about my performance, since I was disrupted and it wasn't really my field of expertise. But, what was my grade? What mistakes did I make? I have the right to know because I found basic language errors on their website and even in the questions they asked me in both English and my working language. I appreciate the originality of their mission and ideas. But, they can also be objective and original by removing the oral interview for people who do not work orally. What extraordinary things have I done in my life that I don't remember? You can't know a person unless you've been around him/her or worked with him/her. Behavioural interviews and reference letters are irrelevant and worthless. How many top officials have been jailed for corruption or other moral misconducts? They passed oral and behavioural interviews, had reference letters and many positive testimonials. Even thieves have people who appreciate them and who can write reference letters on their behalf. Such letters and interviews are ways to make favouritism and corruption official. Serious companies should rather test the technical skills of a position in an objective written test (followed by a feedback with unquestionable evidence); in the actual conditions in which the candidate will work. You can do a transparent criminal background check by informing the candidate of all the proven negative elements , if any, found about him/her so that he/she can defend himself/herself. Keeping it a secret, relying on so-called oral/behavioural interviews or vague statements without evidence, is opening the door to racists, haters, jealous and other prejudiced people. You are giving these people the opportunity to ruin the career and the life of this man and this woman. You were candidates; put yourself in the shoes of the candidates.

Interview Questions
  • I would like to send 3000 Czech crowns to a Belgian account. When will it arrive on my French account?

Wise

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise

Interview

The interview went great. Prepare well and be yourself. Make sure to know enough about the company values! Most of the questions are scenario-based and your answers should reflect Wise's values.

Interview Questions
  • - Tell us about a situation where you went beyond your tasks. - Describe a time when you had to work in a team to reach a goal - Describe a time when you had negative feedback and how you dealt with it

Wise

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Wise

Interview

First they write a letter to you, to schedule a call with Team, you need to find available times. Then you state every available time for a month. After 3 weeks they comeback to you, saying role is not longer available. Recruiters need to speed up they process, so developers will not waist they time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tallinn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise (Tallinn) in Aug 2021

Interview

Se realizan dos entrevistas. Una entrevista es pre grabada, dónde se deben responder verbalmente una serie de preguntas, y también preguntas escritas, en las cuales se debe desarrollar una tarea relacionada al puesto de trabajo. Luego de pasada esta instancia se procede a una entrevista en vivo Online.

Interview Questions
  • Describe una situación en dónde enfrentaste un problema en tu puesto de trabajo, cómo lo identificaste y que hiciste para solucionarlo?

Wise

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wise in Aug 2021

Interview

HR will directly schedule a call with team, the email has all details of how the interview will look like so it was good. First round will be with team mate. (Product Analyst) Second will be Hackerrank SQL questions. (4 questions 60 minutes) Then with Hiring manager and rest of the team.

Interview Questions
  • Generally regarding resume, some cross questioning for projects done and some technical checks in SQL. Also, SQL hackerrank is really difficult level. If you have done practice in hackerrank I would say "HARD" type questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise (Tallinn) in Aug 2021

Interview

The app I used for the interview was very flexible and easy to understand.IT has an exercise session that prepares you before the interview. The app is downloadable from the play store and you can use it on the mobile phone or laptop.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Wise

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wise in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process was great. Total of three interviews. Everyone was super friendly and made me feel at ease. Really liked that they tried to understand your qualifications and your personality as well.

Interview Questions
  • What's one of the hardest moments or decisions of your career and how did you go about it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 411 Interviews