Wise Interview Questions

Updated 6 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Wise

HardAverageEasy
Found 365 candidate interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

This was a four stage process. First up a 45-minute screener with the recruiter, then an hour-long behavioural examples interview with a peer, then an hour-long case study review with 4 people (UX research lead, senior product designer, engineering team lead and product manager). The final stage was a call with the Design Director. The recruiter kept me in the loop all the way through with quick feedback and booking in for next stage. I had good instructions on what to expect and how to prepare. I got rejected after the case study review but was grateful for the feedback from all four panellists. They were spot on in their feedback - I had already come to the same conclusions myself that Transferwise was not the right place for me. I enjoyed the experience of all the stages - the people I met were friendly, interested and well-prepared.

Interview Questions
  • What’s your strategy for how to get started at Transferwise?
    Answer Question
  • How would you get a whole team engaged in research if they weren’t showing an interest?
  • How do you feel when priorities change?
Wise
Application

I interviewed at Wise

Interview

The overall interview process was good. The questions were direct and there was enough time for preparing. It was an online interview. Some questions required a video recording of about 3 minitues.

Interview Questions
  • Try to learn more about the company before entering the interview.
Wise
Application

I interviewed at Wise in May 2021

Interview

The first interview was via HireVue and it was quite complicated. After that, it was via Zoom, both interviewers were nice and kind however they seemed inexperienced. They might tell you it is a more like a conversation rather than an interview but, for me it was a chance to find a good company to work and support myself.

Interview Questions
Wise
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wise

Interview

Colloquio esplorativo per valutare il profilo professionale del candidato e definire una valutazione di base sulle sue competenze tecniche e soft skills insieme ad un risassunto della sua passate esperienza lavorativa.

Interview Questions
Wise
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise

Interview

This happened around March 2021. The process was smooth and they HR was pretty prompt, applied via linkedIn. Initial telephonic interview with HR. Round 1 - pair programming Round 2 - system design interview I was rejected after second round, received a good feedback and they encouraged me to re-apply as they are on a hiring spree

Interview Questions
  • A pair programming exercise on Java with an interviewer Elevator design algo
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied for the Implementation Non-bank position. The panel interview consisted of the recruiter and the current implementation manager. I did not move forward because I did not have a background in payments, which is something that was apparent from my CV.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions on timelines, how you would integrate in an ambiguous environment, questions about payments and if you are familiar with them.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Wise (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

I got referred to the role by a friend and soon after got an email requesting for my availability and expressing their interest. The 1st interview was scheduled for 2 weeks after that first email, and the second interview happened another two weeks from the 1st one. There would have been a final and 3rd interview. The process itself was great and I really enjoyed meeting the people I interviewed with. It was all very friendly and professional, even to let me know I wasn't moving forward. All in all, a great experience and I would definitely apply again!

Interview Questions
  • * Your understanding of Wise product and how we move money * Your understanding of current partnerships (Emburse, Xero) and the problem we're solving for them * The challenges you might envision in an implementation like ours with our partners * Understanding of Wise for Business product and our API * Project Delivery experience in multiple/ complex projects * Product Management experience * Payments knowledge and experience * API and Tech delivery * Ability to prioritise (examples) * Ability to think big / strategic (examples) * Examples of stepping out of your role remit to take responsibility on something * Ability to adapt and be flexible (examples)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Serangoon,
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise (Serangoon, ) in Apr 2021

Interview

Initial interview with the HR recruiter via Zoom. The recruiter did a brief intro of herself and proceeded to ask a questions. Judging on the manner that the recruiter conducted the initial interview, I wouldn’t say it’s an great experience.

Interview Questions
Wise
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wise (London, England, England)

Interview

Interview process was really well managed. The in house talent manager was friendly and a great communicator. I had 3 rounds of interviews (2 with one team, 1 with another team) Most impressed by their level of transparency after each interview. They would give feedback as to what they liked/what they didnt like after each interview. Only negative experiences: - First interviewer was a few minutes late, but wasnt an issue as we did not go overtime. - The first role they interviewed me for was probably always a bit too senior for my experience. (Principle Product Manager) They should probably have picked this up before they offered an interview.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Walk us through an example of a product you shipped end to end? 2. How have you used data in your decision making? 3. How do you manage a roadmap? 4. Explain what is happening technically with the example you gave? (this was perhaps the toughest question) 5. Why do you want to work at Wise? 6. How do you encourage engineers?
Wise
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wise

Interview

First round: Very easy 4 or 5 hackerrank tasks. If you invest a little time into going through hackerrank exercises, it won't be a problem. Second round: Talk with 3 devs from transferwise. It was not hard, they were just interested what I learnt so far. We talked about key concepts. Also they prepared with a little hackerrank exercise related to promises. What bothered me is that one of the interviewer disconnected for 5 minutes just after asking a question. Later on the feedback contained the question as flaged stating that I didn't answer the question correctly. (I did) Thrid round: Product interview. And here I failed. You have to be really really really careful what you answer to their question. If you can't come up with a good example for their question, they just flag it and include it in the improvement section. So if it takes time to come up with examples for: - what you had to solve for a user? - how you shaped the requirements for the user? - what app you like and know they are missing a feature? - what that feature is? - how would you start designing it and implementing it? - how would you measure its success? - what data would you check if you were the CEO? then practice it till it is second nature to you, otherwise they just reject you. (Also try to get information about how their teams work and how they ship a feature from end-to-end, because if you don't know, if you don't describe the same process then they will include it in the improvement section too)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wise (New York, NY) in Mar 2021

Interview

The first interview was the typical phone screen with a recruiter. Why you want to leave your company, why us, etc. The next round was a pair programming exercise in HackerRank. I didn't pass it, but it was an interesting problem, closer to a real life problem than most leetcode type questions. My biggest problem with the interview mirrors the experience of another applicant, where they give unnecessary advice. Instead of asking if you could spot the mistakes in line X, they would go on to say you made a mistake and then a long explanation of why it wouldn't work. But the mistakes were silly ones that you make when you're coding under pressure, and immediately noticed and fixed when pointed out. There was no need for full explanations, which didn't give me a chance to show that I understood what the problem was. Felt a bit like one of the interviewers in particular was just stroking his own ego, but I don't think that was his intention. Overall they were both nice, but the constant tips were more annoying than helpful. Their feedback was fair, however. One note: they sent over a blog post with what to expect from the interview, and from that I got the impression that I'd be getting more of a leetcode type algorithms challenge, but it ended up being more about OOP and data structures. Caught me a bit off guard, but they were right that my design wasn't great.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 365 Interviews

Popular Careers with Wise Job Seekers