Yell Interview Questions

Updated 7 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Yell

HardAverageEasy
Found 264 candidate interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Accrington, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

They move very fast, all done within a week. Phone screening first then Teams interview for 1 hour. Very relaxed throughout the whole process. I had to rearrange at the last minute and they were very understanding.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you were under the target, frustrated and feeling like you didn't know where the next sale was coming from. How did you cope? What actions did you take? What were the results?
    1 Answer
Yell
Application

I interviewed at Yell

Interview

I applied through the Yell website in April 2021 - within the week I was informed that I had been shortlisted, and asked if it was okay to have a telephone interview on a specific date/time. I replied confirming that the date/time was perfect and I'd be attending the interview. I cancelled the events I had planned that morning, spent hours researching the company...and guess what? The recruiter never called. The recruiter never emailed me to inform me it was cancelled, or to apologise for not honoring the interview. I am disgusted by the fact that the recruiter decided to treat me and my time as though it wasn't of any value - and if it wasn't for the Glassdoor Community Guidelines... I would have certainly named and shamed her.

Interview Questions
Yell
Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview was held over two stages, the first with my hiring manager and her peer and the second with two senior managers. Due to COVID limitations both were done remotely via Microsoft Teams. Both interviews were friendly in nature and encouraged me to expand on any points where needed. The first concentrated mainly on competency based questions and I was asked prior to complete an exercise in Excel and present my findings at the beginning of the interview in order to demonstrate my abilities met the required standard. The second interview revolved more around my personal approach to work and working within a team in an effort to assess if I was a good fit for company and the particular team.

Interview Questions
  • Can you name one thing that your previous colleagues would say you should continue to do, name one thing they would like you to stop doing and one thing they would like you to start doing?
Anonymous Employee in Limavady, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Yell (Limavady, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Apr 2021

Interview

Fast and to the point. The interview process was a good experience from the initial phone conversation to the face-to-face interview. There was a range of questions that were relevant to the position.

Interview Questions
  • interview questions were relevant to the position and the nature of the role.
Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yell (Reading, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process at Yell, it was insightful and engaging. At the first stage I was given an overview into the presented opportunity and asked to give examples on how my work experience aligns to the role. At the second stage, there were competency based questions from two senior members of staff.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage conflicting priorities?
Anonymous Employee in Kettering, England, England
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Yell (Kettering, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Interview Process was very good and the staff where really friendly there was always someone from the recruitment agency on the end of the phone or email which made it a lot easier. 5 star rating for me and I cant wait to start. also working from home has a lot of benefits.

Interview Questions
  • What sales Experience do you have?
  • how do you cope working with others?
Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Chelmsford, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Interviewing process encompasses 4 stages and Yell made the whole process easy, smooth, quick and efficient. Overall, very well structured, organised and cleverly developed to ensure best match on a business and cultural level.

Interview Questions
Yell
Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Refreshingly different and suitable. Initial stage involved sending a 'selfie video' describing why I would be suitable for the position and the completion of a general intelligence assessment. This was followed by a virtual interview with a member of the talent acquisition team and the hiring manager. Finally, an offer was made.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe a scenario where you secured significant business from cold calling?
Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Yell (Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Apr 2021

Interview

Very welcoming, clear and informative throughout the process. Each stage of the interview and tests were structured very well with clear instructions. While speaking on the phone from the initial interview right through to the video interview I was welcomed and felt very comfortable through it all.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you went the extra mile to give a great customer experience.
Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Yell (Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview was well structured and transparent. I recieved an outline of what each stage would entail and what was expected from me. It was intense and challenging but the recruitment team were open and welcoming.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think you will cope with the challenges / isolation of a home working role?
Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Colchester, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

After taking an Assessment Test, I had a Microsoft Teams interview with my Line Manager, who asked about my employment history and reasons for applying to join Yell. This was followed by an in-depth discussion regarding the company's core values and how I have applied these during the course of my career.

Interview Questions
  • What personal qualities can you bring to a role with Yell?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 264 Interviews