Yell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Well structured assessment day with a numerous different types of tasks and activities. Pretty challenging and consisted of many skills coming in to play in order to be successful. Consisted of a presentation, role play and a one to one interview. Challenging tasks during the day that require thinking.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to succeed in a fast paced environment which is very target driven?   Answer Question

Interview

1 Face to face interview and found out the next day I had got the job - good hiring experience with them. Had a call with the internal recruiter first, before this.

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Newcastle, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Following initial screening - telephone interview, followed by a general intelligence test (taken online), personality profile (again, online), face to face interview (inc listening to a recorded call, role play and presentation)

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2020.

Interview

A telephone interview with Dora Denman to begin with, followed by two face to face interviews with Len Curtis. Both Len and Dora were very engaging and supportive. Presentation at first interview followed by role play coaching at second.

Interview Questions

• As I don't come from a digital media back ground, it was good to explore in the interview how my experience and knowledge can benefit Yell, and give me a new experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yell (Liverpool, England) in January 2020.

Interview

So friendly, I was looked after by everyone I spoke to and met, structured and relaxed at the same time. First interview ive had that i can actually say I thoroughly enjoyed

Interview Questions

• What is your typical day like   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England) in December 2019.

Interview

We all know how hard the process of applying for a new job can be, from the long-winded applications that are unlikely to be seen by a human to the cold corporate interrogation of interviews you’ll have to put yourself through. Well recently I applied for a job at Yell and thanks to their genuine and personal approach to recruitment, I never experienced any of that.

Everything from the ease of the online job portal, where you’ll find all you need to know about the roles and the company to the speed of the online application process and the appointment of a real life, down to earth recruitment specialist, there to support you every step of the way (special credit to Dora Denman, my recruitment specialist who was not only supportive and encouraging but always willing to go the extra mile)…the thoughtful “Good luck” messages I received from her and Yell the night before the final interview really meant a lot :)

Although I was riddled with nerves on the day of the final interview, the panel (Craig Taylor and Len Curtis) were amazing! I can honestly say that even if I wasn’t successful, the valuable feedback I received from them would have gone on to help me in my career professional development, thankfully “I got the job” (ABSOLUTLEY BUZZZZING) and although I’ve yet to officially start this next exciting chapter of my life, I have come to the conclusion that you can only be the best version of yourself when you are surrounded by supportive people in an environment where those around you truly want to give you the best chance of succeeding. I genuinely believe this is the case with Yell. If you’re thinking about applying…stop wasting your time reading this slightly cheesy review and go for it ;)

Interview Questions

• “Imagine you have been given a brand new area with Yell, tell us how you would find new & start-up businesses in this area, what would you do?”   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

I had a number of phone and face to face interviews and 2 on line tests. The final interview was both an assessment and face to face including a 30 day presentation

Telesales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yell (Belfast, Northern Ireland).

Interview

difficult but fair, allowed me to understand the expectations of the company and set me up for what to expect as a sales person, re - targets and working hours etc

PPC Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England).

Interview

I received the invitation for an interview on the phone within the agreed time. However, nobody called me and answered at the time. Next day I reached them out and received an excuse that the girl that suppose to interview me been sick. Straight away been suggested interview time next day. AGAIN No call, no answer (I called couple times), no explanation by email. Very unprofessional team working. Would be enough to say after the first time that they cancel it or position filled up, I would understand that. But two times the same just demonstrates a lack of professionalism and respect to their candidates.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Very well communicated throughout the process. Informed of every stage of the process and given reminders day before interview via text and email. Salli was amazing throughout the process and was open and honest with her responses to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking to change jobs   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.