Yell Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 364 of over 364 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Accrington, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

They move very fast, all done within a week. Phone screening first then Teams interview for 1 hour. Very relaxed throughout the whole process. I had to rearrange at the last minute and they were very understanding.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you were under the target, frustrated and feeling like you didn't know where the next sale was coming from. How did you cope? What actions did you take? What were the results?
    1 Answer

Yell

Application

I interviewed at Yell

Interview

Detailed and very effective. the process consisted of two interviews and a written comprehension exercise, I was asked about myself and my experience then asked to demonstrate competency. I was a pleasure to interview for Yell

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose to apply for the role of Digital Consultant at Yell

The latest conversations about Advertising

2,913

248 Comments

Join the conversation on

Yell

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yell

Interview

I applied for the role and was contacted with the next couple of weeks. I interviewed for the first time the next day, and then a second time at the start of the following week. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience in this field? Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge. What is your proficiency with ...

Anonymous Employee in Rotherham, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yell (Rotherham, England, England) in Sep 2021

Interview

Brilliant! Quick, simple and precise. At last a good agency working on behalf of Yell. Interviewed by Paul from NI, friendly, warm but precise. A structured process however, understandable at all times. Looking forward to getting onboard

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of customer satisfaction

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England, England) in Sep 2021

Interview

My interview with the recruitment team at yell really was exceptional. I was at first quite nervous with excitement at the chance of working for such a company, but upon beginning my interview, i found the atmosphere to be calmed and relaxed, in that the interviewer didn't simply just dive right into the interview questions or even talking much about the company and what they do. Instead it began with a "more about me" approach, giving me the opportunity to talk about my interests, hobbies and experiences. Soon after, and without realising, i found myself having an in depth friendly conversation about relatable topics which completely dissolved any nervousness i previously felt. Advice to others: I can already tell the teams at yell are incredibly friendly and approachable, so if you are in a position of being interviewed by yell, though easier said than done, you needn't worry as they are not there to trip you up or catch you out, they only wish to include you into the family that is Yell.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where t=you have shown courage? Describe a time where you have provided exceptional customer service? What actions have you displayed to show honesty that has in return benefited the customer? Describe a time where you have demonstrated collaboration in the work place in order to complete a project or task, what actions did you take and what was the result? Describe a time where you have demonstrated ownership of a project or task, what actions did you take and what was the outcome?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yell (London, England, England) in Sep 2021

Interview

The interview was laidback and comprehensive. It was conducted in a manner that allowed me to relax and confidently answer all the questions. Prior to the interview, I received advice from the Recruiter for the video interview. This helped structure the interview and enabled me to stay on topic during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you showed Integrity?

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Yell (Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Sep 2021

Interview

Very interactive with a good range of questions from the interviewees. Interview was structured, professional and given lots of opportunity to ask questions. Overall I found the whole process very enjoyable and very informative

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yell

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Yell

Interview

I am very impressed with Yell’s interview process. Firstly I was screened, then set a creative task, before being successful at the final interview. It was a thorough, yet, supportive and friendly process. Text messages were sent to wish me luck on the day of my interview, which was a very nice touch.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yell

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yell

Interview

It’s been really good. Great questions. Very fair and smooth throughout. Highly organised and given a real good opportunity to showcase my skills. Although some tough questions I was made to feel comfortable yet always on my toes.

Interview Questions
  • What was the last feedback I was given from a previous manager?

Yell

Application

I interviewed at Yell

Interview

Very thorough and professional. Standard two stage interview process but also includes an online intelligence test. Would definitely recommend you apply and see. Geared towards the information provided by Yell during the interview process and very customer focused.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Yell?

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yell (Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Aug 2021

Interview

Simple, straightforward and well explained at every stage. First of all I had a telephone interview, then a test online and then a Microsoft teams interview. Everyone at each stage was pleasant and informative.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 364 Interviews