Yieldify Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Yieldify Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Yieldify

1 Interview Review

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yieldify (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

(Some background on this: I had applied for this same position about six months ago when my employer was bought out and I was preparing to find a new job. The company in question ended up hiring me at the last minute, so I withdrew my candidacy. I was at the last stage of the interview process, which was preparing to give a presentation in the New York office.)

I saw that CSM position had become available again in late January, so I applied again. The hiring coordinator for Yieldify's London office contacted me to set up a phone screen, which was conducted by another employee. The phone screen went well and we were able to discuss some of the changes that had taken place since we had last connected six months ago. It was a productive conversation and I was advanced to the next round.

For the in-person interview, I met with the Director of Client Services, NA as well as a strategist. The interview lasted about an hour and both of the employees I met with were courteous and personable. As I was preparing to leave, I asked about next steps and the director mentioned that she would contact the coordinator to have me in the office the next week for the final round of the interview process: a presentation. This was on Friday.

The following Monday I received an email from the Director of Client Services, explaining that they were NOT going to be moving me further in the interview process. They were looking for someone with a quote, strong desire and background in leading and challenging the team to work harder and smarter. End quote.

I suppose that explanation could be interpreted in a number of ways but I'm assuming it meant that I lacked both the ambition and the drive this person was looking for. Fair enough. This would have been useful to know in a post-interview email the DAY OF rather than leaving the candidate with the knowledge that they would be coming in again next week to make a presentation.

tl;dr: I went from being told verbally by the hiring manager to expect an email from a coordinator regarding scheduling for a final presentation...to a rejection letter. I would have appreciated more transparency as to why this sudden change of heart occurred.

Alas, I will simply have to make due with team's best wishes in my career search.

Interview Questions

• What is your typical day-to-day routine like in your current role?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had a client that was difficult and how you were able to maintain a positive relationship.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.