Yieldify Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Yieldify Reviews

Updated 22 Oct 2019

4.3
Yieldify CEO Jay Radia (no image)
Jay Radia
Pros
  • "Great people and a really friendly working atmosphere(in 7 reviews)

• "Fast paced opportunites to learn with early exposure(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "You can find yourself pulling long hours at busier times but hey that’s the nature of the industry(in 6 reviews)

• "some of the senior management people are not approachable(in 3 reviews)

"An opportunity filled, start-up vibe sometimes chaotic but fun place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Yieldify full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Yieldify has a lot of opportunities there for the taking. - If you want to get stuck in, gain experience, exposure and grow in your role (and sometimes out of it and into different things) then it's a great place. - One of the best cultures I've worked in. The people really make this place, everyone is very talented and ambitious. Very easy to settle in and grow relationships with people. - Honest and open... conversations are encouraged, however you have to be able to lead them where necessary. - I've seen lots of people move to work in our offices abroad, Yieldify has supported them in this. - Perks: Beer Fridge, Free Breakfast, Friday Food, Monthly Socials, Working From Home Days

Cons

- Sometimes you have a large workload and you can struggle to fit in development time. - If you're someone who needs a lot of training and support, you may struggle to keep up. Self-starters and proactive people will do better here.

Advice to Management

- Ensure central communication filters down through Managers. - Keep listening to the people survey results, it feels like we're making a difference when things change after we've completed it.

Yieldify2019-08-12

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Yieldify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere but at the same time challenges are a daily occurrence. Lots of areas to learn new skills supported by a good culture Flexible working hours

Cons

New office - not as fun as We Work although I believe its changing.

Yieldify2019-08-19

"Complete Mess"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in London, England

I worked at Yieldify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hired great people but thats it.

Cons

The CEO is erratic. Decision making is questionable. A lot of false promises made.

Advice to Management

For a company that hires great people, you need to look out for them more. The values the company likes to throw about need to be adhered to.

Yieldify2019-09-10

"Fantastic Workplace"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in London, England

I have been working at Yieldify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great community, very relaxed but productive working environment!

Cons

Nothing bad as of yet to mention

Yieldify2019-07-23

"Wowee, what a company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Yieldify full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people in general were nice. It was a work hard, party hard environment. We were all friends - in fact several of us ex-yieldify people work together in other companies now, and there are non-official summer parties for previous staff.

Cons

Erm, base salary was very low and then commission was £19 a quarter!! Luckily this was sorted out after 6-9 months, and commission became a percentage of what we brought in, not what our base salary was. It was truly pathetic in terms of wages. There was no progression at all. Was bullied by a colleague, complained about him and nothing happened and I was forced to work with him. They hung up my phone during a... call with them and a client (literally walked over to my desk and did that). Their behaviour was awful. I had the misfortune of working with a few...characters.. people came up to me and congratulated me when they left the company/relocated as I would no longer have to work with them. Run by incompetent 'yes' men. Meelan and Jay were like dumb and dumber, wanted to have a cult rather than a business. When having meetings with investors, I booked a meeting room only to have senior management take my slot for an 'investor meeting'. Despite their meeting being private, they left GV (google ventures) on a public invite so everyone could see, and then got annoyed when I told them (and only them). Company got sued TWICE for stealing IP from BounceX, resulting in a third of the company being let go, company was then told they'd be ok but more redundancies followed - Porto office, Munich office, Brazil, more UK office redundancies, Oz office too... Here, a massive failure was Jay's insistence on hiring loads of people so yieldify could become the fastest growing start up...only to then not have the revenue to pay these staff and having to lay them off. Revenue would've been a better metric. Managers were only happy to help you and promote you if you went out and smoked or drank G&Ts with them. No opportunities if you weren't a drinker/smoker. Promotions were not based on performance. Managers promoted their friends who had been there less than a year, then promptly informed everyone else that to be promoted you had to be there for 12 months as the policy had now changed. They held our reviews at 11 months and said we weren't eligible and would have to wait until next review in a year's time. Friends of the founders would sometimes come in on Friday evenings and have beers with us and some of them were incredibly creepy and entitled men who I had to tell to back off. Working hours were 9-6.30. We were then told we could leave if we finished our work before then; if we got up to leave, managers said we couldn't leave. They generously told us working hours were being reduced to 9-6. I worked out my hourly rate once, it was £8.10, below London Living Wage.

Advice to Management

Jay hasn't got a clue what he's doing and needs some guidance. Pay people better salaries, not everyone wants to be paid in Friday night beers/crackers/cheese instead of a proper salary. CEO seems to be obsessed with showing off with stupid metrics like number of staff rather than letting results and case studies/awards speak for themselves.

Yieldify2019-08-12

"The "Fyre Festival" of Marteck - Deluded CEO and very high staff turnover"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Yieldify full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want a job that on paper is a step up from what you are doing, they are good at giving people a chance (for less than the going rate, and it wont last, so be prepared to be looking again in 12-18 months). There is quite a nice atmosphere in the London team of communal compliance, in a similar way that Army's huddle together in the face of a common threat.

Cons

Jay Radia is not what I would describe as a typically CEO. You would think he is more like a middle-manager, but with the empathy of robot and a level of delusion in his own ability only comparable to Donald Trump. A self proclaimed (and proud) micro-manager, big decisions get rushed and now the business is shrinking on every metric (office space, staff count, revenue etc). They are always recruiting because they... have clear outs every few months (my guess is to keep staff liabilities at a minimum for when the company gets sold/broken up). Be expected to "believe" (aka Fyre Festival) despite a complete lack of money and future. The product is marketed well above what it can actually do (the marketing team is one of the best teams in the company) as a result the client churn rates are way above the industry standard. Yieldify is the only company I've worked in where the Xmas party you only got 3 drinks vouchers then had to buy your own. I would recommend you take any other employer option you have, unless you: A) are being offered a significant step up and understand you are using the situation to get your experience and then "do it for real" somewhere else ASAP. B) You don't have any other options and are desperate for a short term fix.

Advice to Management

The best thing you could do is get Jay out of the company.

Yieldify2019-08-01

"I love my job and working at Yieldify!"

Current Employee - Sales/Business Development in London, England

I have been working at Yieldify full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great company to work for. Always changing and evolving in the right direction. - Management listen to you and take your opinion on board. - Great culture in the company - nights out, free food/drinks, - Support for future career development. - Great team who support each other on a daily basis. - Always learning and exposed to much more than you would be at a larger company. Continued Learning is strongly... encouraged. - Great people and a really friendly working atmosphere

Cons

If you need your hand held it's not the company for you as once you're fully ramped up you should manage your own time effectively (Not really a con, but some people may struggle)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and keep listening to your employees, it makes a huge difference

Yieldify2019-06-05

Yieldify Response

June 5, 2019CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate your feedback as always. - Jay Radia (CEO)

"Do well and get rewarded"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Yieldify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- metrics and expectations are set early on - everyone knows sales is hard but the team are always supportive and provide good 1:1s and training - great culture with lots of activities and food. My previous 2 companies had none of this. - Nice people with good hearts

Cons

- high pressure but that is expected with good rewards

Advice to Management

- Keep spending time with everyone

Yieldify2019-06-05

"Competitive and challenging product"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Yieldify full-time

Pros

1) Good solid engineering processes. 2) Good work from home policy. 3) Extremely smart people in the engineering. teams, very dedicated and good at what they are doing. 4) Very good and challenging products to work on. 4) Sport activities for the interested. 5) A goal to have good performance review processes.

Cons

1) The different departments have no connection with eachother culture wise, it's we and them, people don't really say hi to eachother unless they are in the same department. The HR seem to want to change this but fails in this area. 2) People in the upper management have little experience in how to handle people in difficult situations. 3) No private healthcare or life insurance. 4) In general a very big... corporate feeling in a very small company culture wise across interaction between different teams. 5) People come and go. 6) No good space for lunch in the office.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees. Keep up with the good engineering processes.

Yieldify2019-06-12

"Good people poor product"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I worked at Yieldify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with good people with good personalities 9-6 working hours and most people don't stay later or take work home Good location not far from Shoreditch Relaxed dress code and work environment - freedom to work in diff areas of office or WFH Family vibe in that once people leave they're welcome to come back for drinks and socials

Cons

Little diversity when it comes to hiring Starting salaries are low for the industry Recent redundancies - hasn't felt financially stable for many months Staff turnover is ridiculously high in the sales team, has been for the last couple of years Commercial teams used to be fun and full of energy now everyone seems exasperated with product and so low on steam the company culture feels pretty dead.... There is a total gap between commercial teams and the rest of the business in that other departments don't realise how dire the situation is as they are not working with clients on a day to day basis, so they don't witness how much of a disappointment the campaigns and platform are. Product just doesn't work well - digital marketers want an easy accessible reliable data interface not campaign reports not excel spreadsheets that change format every two weeks

Advice to Management

Put all your effort into improving the product then work ethic and employee satisfaction might improve

Yieldify2019-02-10