Zalando Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Dec 2018

2.8

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, and skype interview. It has a lot of behavior questions, and went through your resume. It was about 20 minutes give or take, and they are really nice and curious to know me. They also asked about some certain points on the resume, and asked me to proposed a plan to generate the projection for the next two weeks.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me, which turned into a Skype chat.

This was followed by a Skype interview with another recruiter, who then signed me up for a Codility online test.

The coding test had no real relevance to what I would be working on, this part of the process felt silly and condescending.

Finally, 3 separate hour long Skype coding interviews on the same day.

I got to code in two of these interviews, which went great.

I bombed the last of these where I had a sour and negative interviewer who vetoed me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest work failure.   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando in March 2018.

Interview

Someone from HR reached out and set up a video call with two members of team. The interview included some fit questions and some questions about my previous experiences. There was also a puzzle question in German.

They ask about salary expectations right up front. Anyone with economics training knows this is really terrible practice towards applicants, given the info asymmetries during job search process. My guess is that they will take the cheapest person with the baseline level of skills. They're not looking for great people.

One other thing, I asked for and they provided feedback which I thought was very nice and uncommon.

Frontend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando in April 2016.

Interview

The technical interview was about the basic knowledge of JS and HTML, without any refer to currently used libraries. Also there was a simple puzzle, we used JSFiddle as screen sharing.

Interview Questions

• Basic HTML questions, how to build a ul list with looping over an array.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First interview went ok, but on technical interview felt a bit of arrogance by the interviewers and lack of focus on what the role should be about. Sad to have such experience because first interviews were with cool people.

Interview Questions

• We use http for communicating between microservices, why do you advocate rpc?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

I had an initial interview with their senior or head of recruiting who asked me some basic questions on the role, then she pointed out my recruiting experience and told me that she thought I'd be better suited for that position and if I'd like to be considered for the role. All appeared to go well after that and I was invited to the next stage of the process to have an interview with another senior team member who told me upfront that he wasn't prepared for our conversation. It appeared I passed this stage and was invited to the office to have an interview. 40 minutes before I left I was called and informed that they didn't know if the interview would actually take place, I had to take the initiative and reach out to the first recruiter who interviewed me to find out if I should come in or not. Was simply a mess and when I told them I had taken another role they asked if I would come in for another interview because they actually really liked me.

Photo Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

Very easy with a manager, not really included a practical test. The test was more a tour together with the team leader who decided to take you or not, personality matters I guess.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Zalando?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

Skype interview, followed by aprox 1.5hr face to face interview including some analytical questions. Interviewed by the HR manager, merchandise planning manager and assistant to merchandise planner. All really friendly.

Interview Questions

• What would you expect from your manager if you got the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2017.

Interview

Really smooth interview, the HR and the recruiting manager were kind and smiling, it lasted 1 hour. The HR asked interesting questions, notably focused on your organisation and integrations skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you organise a typical day as an assistant merchandise planner? (gave me a list of task to do in day and I was asked to prioritise those tasks)   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandise Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the hr contacted me via email after few days asking to set the a skype interview the week after. So I had the skype interview after 7 days from the email. The interview was conducted by two merchandise planners, no hr representatives.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work as a merchandise planner?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect to be working in our team?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.