Zalando Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Zalando

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)) in November 2017.

Interview

5 rounds and easy , go through recent questions and their guide for java developers . Interviewers are helpful .Overall good exp . Remeber your codility solutions and try to improve it during the interview . Interviewers are motivating and give you freedom to talk about your self and your expectations .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, and skype interview. It has a lot of behavior questions, and went through your resume. It was about 20 minutes give or take, and they are really nice and curious to know me. They also asked about some certain points on the resume, and asked me to proposed a plan to generate the projection for the next two weeks.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me, which turned into a Skype chat.

This was followed by a Skype interview with another recruiter, who then signed me up for a Codility online test.

The coding test had no real relevance to what I would be working on, this part of the process felt silly and condescending.

Finally, 3 separate hour long Skype coding interviews on the same day.

I got to code in two of these interviews, which went great.

I bombed the last of these where I had a sour and negative interviewer who vetoed me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest work failure.   2 Answers

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando in March 2018.

Interview

Someone from HR reached out and set up a video call with two members of team. The interview included some fit questions and some questions about my previous experiences. There was also a puzzle question in German.

They ask about salary expectations right up front. Anyone with economics training knows this is really terrible practice towards applicants, given the info asymmetries during job search process. My guess is that they will take the cheapest person with the baseline level of skills. They're not looking for great people.

One other thing, I asked for and they provided feedback which I thought was very nice and uncommon.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I submit my resume on Zalando's website. Couple of days later, the recruiter reached me out and we arranged a Google Hangouts meeting with team lead. All questions are so basic and cliche. I wish I expected that whole questions are more technical.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First interview went ok, but on technical interview felt a bit of arrogance by the interviewers and lack of focus on what the role should be about. Sad to have such experience because first interviews were with cool people.

Interview Questions

• We use http for communicating between microservices, why do you advocate rpc?   2 Answers

PMO Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zalando (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was initial discussion with HR to shortlist for next interview round. Even though there were many applications for this profile but they were looking for more foreign experience with ecommerce companies.

Frontend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zalando in April 2016.

Interview

The technical interview was about the basic knowledge of JS and HTML, without any refer to currently used libraries. Also there was a simple puzzle, we used JSFiddle as screen sharing.

Interview Questions

• Basic HTML questions, how to build a ul list with looping over an array.   Answer Question

Scala Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Zalando (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was appling 2 times. Each time I solved codilite problems. First time I got approx 90%,second time 100%. Refuced first time because my English was insufficient for them so I took lessons and applied again in 6 month. Second time refused on initial HR interview stage with no clear explanation.

Interview Questions

• Thech questulion on Computer science, experience and technology, codility test :2-3 algorythmical problems for 90 minutes.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

I had an initial interview with their senior or head of recruiting who asked me some basic questions on the role, then she pointed out my recruiting experience and told me that she thought I'd be better suited for that position and if I'd like to be considered for the role. All appeared to go well after that and I was invited to the next stage of the process to have an interview with another senior team member who told me upfront that he wasn't prepared for our conversation. It appeared I passed this stage and was invited to the office to have an interview. 40 minutes before I left I was called and informed that they didn't know if the interview would actually take place, I had to take the initiative and reach out to the first recruiter who interviewed me to find out if I should come in or not. Was simply a mess and when I told them I had taken another role they asked if I would come in for another interview because they actually really liked me.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zalando (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2018.

Interview

After sending my application, I was invited for an interview. I had 4 different 1:1 meetings, it was a bit tiring, but still fun. I was told that they are looking actually for 2 candidates and my chances are great. After that I recieved a call from their manager, since he wanted to share reviews about my perfomance during the interviews. I got really great feedback and was told to wait for another call to get further information. After some time I recieved another call informing me that only few candidates left and I am one of them, but they still need some time to make a decision. The following week the informed me that they can not offer me a place and eventually they could choose only 1 person for this position, not two. They asked me if I would be interested in another position, since my interviews went really great. I said that I would consider other position as well. After some time their HR person called telling me they are looking for a person to join their team in one of departments, share a short information about position and after I confirmed I would be interested to hear more, I was immediately invited to meet the head of department next week, after he is back from holidays. But after couple of days I recieved an email telling me that our meeting is cancelled and they already found a new person.
    I found it really weird since seems like my feedback was great and they put some extra efforts to make me interested in other positions at Zalando, but eventually I was not even given a chance to meet a responsible person.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.