Linux Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Linux Systems Administrator Interview Questions

Linux systems administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you want to switch from your current job to a customer support role?

3 Answers

I had no clear answer for this, I managed to dodge the bullet, but my reaction was far from satisfying.

Be honest. If you don't know why you did it then you are just going to come across as a floater. If you struggle with this type of question ask yourself this: What are the Con's of my current job / career path? What are the Pro's of my target job / carrer path? Why did I apply for this job? Why did I apply to this company? This structure will clarify things within yourself and hopefully spawn a few branching thoughts. When answering: Be confident of your decision; be prepared for rebuke and counter-questions. These are designed to test your resolve; your thought process and your competence. The real question here is much different - Who am I hiring. Consider this.

Hi and thanks for your comment. I totally agree and I would have been prepared for the question hadn't it been that I was brought in for a interview in a "Linux System Administrator" position, which promptly changed into a "Support Engineer" role. I still wanted the job though.

Exam given which I couldn't take

How many available addresses there are in a /22 subnet

What protocol does ping use?

1 Answer

It was not "unexpected" but the 2nd face to face interview focused too much on multicast.

Many as explained in previous posts.

1 Answer

The face to face interview is a practical test, where you have to do some tasks in Linux, more specific in Apache and general services.

Asked how I would be solving specific problems describing my methodology?

1 Answer

clustering experience and few questions related to networking and Linux commands.

110 of 16 Interview Questions