Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Mechanical engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How good is your mathematical knowledge in regards to pressure losses, pipe sizing, tank volumes etc

1 Answer

I merely showed some hand calculations I had done in my portfolio & even answered an on the spot question about mathematical problems.

Technical Question: You have a water inlet upstream of a structure (the structure could be anything; waste water facility, purification facility etc) and an outlet downstream of the structure. What data would you need before starting to build the structure?

1 Answer

4 or 5 Competency Based Questions (Situation where your work was criticised, how did you respond? etc)

1 Answer

Why did you chose our Mechanical Engineering Programme? What work do you think you will be completing during internship?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

1 Answer

What work do you think you will be completing during internship?Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

1 Answer

Can you give an example of a time when you have had to change someone's mind to agree with you?

1 Answer

have I worked on boats before

1 Answer

Tell us about yourself and expand on your CV.

1 Answer

Four technical questions: 1) two spheres of the same mass and volume, one solid and one hollow. How to do you tell which is which? 2) Car driving towards a cliff, is it best to brake or turn to avoid? 3) Water empting from a horizontal pipe into a container, you're measuring the weight of the container to get a known weight. There is a valve in the pipe which is closed when a specified weight is measured, what should it be set to? 4) A drawer is sticking as you pull it out, what are the conditions for it not sticking?

110 of 294 Interview Questions