Assurant Reviews

Updated Oct 25, 2021

Found 1,897 of over 2,127 reviews

3.7
Assurant President & CEO Alan Colberg (no image)
Alan Colberg
Pros
  • "Good benefits, Friendly, Safe place(in 122 reviews)

• "On leàve looking to work from home(in 119 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is not really aware of what goes on(in 46 reviews)

• "Terrible health insurance if you have a family(in 42 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great Company Culture / Cares About Their Employees & Diversity & Inclusion

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive response to the pandemic. Leadership genuinely cares about employee wellbeing. Lots of corporate giving/great corp social responsibility support to community orgs. Happy to see large Diversity Equity & Inclusion initiatives and a strong dedicated team. Offer a 2-for-1 employee match for donations to charities. Leadership has been speaking out on important social justice issues. Employees are friendly and collaborative. True global presence. Business is doing well and plays in some exciting innovative spaces.

Cons

I've enjoyed my time at this company. Not many cons. Unclear what career progression looks like within the company, but I think they're working on that.

8 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for your review. Assurant prides ourselves on our inclusive nature and culture. Assurant received, for the second consecutive year, a perfect score of 100 for 2020's Corporate Equality Index, an annual survey of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. We will continue to support an inclusive environment that seeks, welcomes and leverages diversity to do our best work together. We focus on Diversity & Inclusion because we know companies with diverse teams and inclusive cultures are ultimately better places to work. We do encourage you to speak with your Manager and People Experience Partner about your career progression.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Welcoming company

Sep 9, 2021 - Finance Graduate in Gloucester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company promotes from within

Cons

Assurant has a high staff turnover

Assurant Response

Thank you for your feedback and for being part of what makes Assurant great! We will take your comments into consideration as we continue making improvements to our employee experience.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Fantastic employer with great opportunities

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked with the company for over 13 years, I owe my entire career and progression to this fabulous employer. Throughout this time I have felt valued everyday, both as an employee and an individual.

Cons

Personally, I cannot think of any

Assurant Response

Thank you for your review and your many years as part of the Assurant family! We are so happy to have you and are glad you feel that your growth has been supported!

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Work here if you want to be treated terribly

Sep 18, 2021 - Manager in Crewe, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Local to most employees Some great colleagues

Cons

Terrible pay Terrible management Unachievable targets No praise for a good job Management has favourite staff who are useless but can do no wrong Do not value their staff

Assurant Response

Thank you for leaving a review and for your many years at Assurant. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it internally to help us continue making improvements to the employee experience.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work for

Aug 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Kildare
      Business Outlook

Pros

Praised when you so a good job. Bosses are supportive supportive you need them to be. Friendly staff members who I enjoyed working with

Cons

Work can be very repetitive when you are in the customer services area. Sometimes the negatives are focused on more than the positives.

Assurant Response

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback! We are glad that you had a positive experience during your time at Assurant.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

good company to work for

Jul 26, 2021 - University Graduate in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was well trained and supported throughout my time working there

Cons

have to be resilient and a good communicator

Assurant Response

Thank you for leaving a review about Assurant! We are glad you felt supported throughout your time here.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Have been fair

Jun 8, 2021 - Customer Experience in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have support my progression internally

Cons

Internal progression is a way to keep pay lower

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for giving your feedback on your time at Assurant. We value the feedback we get from our teammates on how we may improve and grow as a company.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

More like a prison camp than a place of work

Jun 22, 2021 - Sales Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

No redeeming features, whatsoever. (Unless you're on the US board of directors making millions while the ordinary people earn the money for you).

Cons

Where to start? Treated like a child, disciplined for being off sick, on the clock every second of your life, unsocial hours (evenings and weekends), virtually no opportunity for progression and so much more.

Assurant Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on working at Assurant. We appreciate your comments and have shared them internally.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Service agent

May 12, 2021 - Customer Service Agent in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting point in your career to get you used to speaking to lots of customers, dealing with complaints etc

Cons

Long and unsociable hours. Management weren’t great

Talent Acquisition Analyst

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We strive to make our work environment positive which makes Assurant a great place to work. We will share your comments internally as we are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience.

10. 2.0

your average call centre

May 11, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor in Crewe, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good initial training; processes are usually spelled out to you. meet good people

Cons

progress depends on who you know, not what you know. some departments are ran better than others

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your thoughts and comments and are always striving to continue improving our practices to ensure Assurant remains a great place to work. We have shared your comments internally.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,897 Reviews