Baxter Reviews

Found 2,307 of over 2,903 reviews

3.8
Baxter Chairman and CEO José (Joe) Almeida
José (Joe) Almeida
Pros
  • "Work life balance good benefits great ppl to work with(in 129 reviews)

• "Baxter has a great work/life balance(in 125 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance is a struggle(in 88 reviews)

• "Senior Management is not concerned about lower level employees(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great company

Jan 26, 2021 - Quality Assurance Engineer in Thetford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great work opportunities. Put employee first

Cons

No cons after 3 years of work

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Baxter Healthcare Marketing Placement

Aug 25, 2021 - Marketing Executive in Newbury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Given plenty of responsibility from day one Valuable experience as a placement student

Cons

Working from home during the pandemic was a challenge, but Baxter ensured there were plenty of touch points and virtual activities to build rapport and prevent loneliness

Baxter Response

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We love you mentioning the valuable experience you gained as a placement student in Newbury and we are delighted that you were given plenty of responsibilities in the Marketing team. We completely agree with the challenges of working from home. It has been so hard! Covid-19 certainly forced us to shift our sails and accept new world changes. We are delighted that Baxter was able to support you during this crisis and wish you all the best!

3. 3.0

ok

Nov 12, 2021 - Chemist in Thetford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

not to bad at all

Cons

its ok if you live in thetford

Baxter Response

Thanks so much for your review and for being a part of our great teams in Thetford. We are delighted that you are having a good experience in Baxter and recommend you discuss your career development in your next ACE check in with your manager. Thanks for taking the time to write and share your experience.

4. 3.0

Average/good, depending on management

Nov 8, 2021 - Account Manager in Newcastle under Lyme, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast career progression, great benefits package, promotes equality and diversity.

Cons

They aim to be an “agile, digital, service-providing” company but implementing processes is very slow and mechanical. People are often demanded to act outside of their job titles and that can be very frustrating.

Baxter Response

Thank you for leaving a review and for being an Account Manager in our UK team. We agree completely with the career opportunities available and appreciate you highlighting our great benefits package. Valuing differences is a key component at Baxter and we believe strongly in an inclusive, diverse and equitable environment so we agree fully with you. We are in a period of rapid change and adopting agile ways of working, and we understand that at times this can be frustrating as we define new ways of working. We definitely recommend you address this with your manager in your next ACE check-in. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

nice environment where to work, friendly staff

Nov 2, 2021 - Production Technician in Croydon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good working environment, good management and good team building

Cons

a lot of staff turn over

Baxter Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a key member of our production team in Croydon. #ThisIsWhere we appreciate all that you do for our customers and patients. We love that you recommend Baxter and agree with the great people and good working environment. We couldn't agree more! Thanks again for all that you do!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Company, Too many processes

Oct 13, 2021 - National Sales Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent career development, great culture, fantastic people, a brilliant environment to work in

Cons

To many systems that don't talk to each other, prevents the company being agile. Too many processes also prevent the company being agile.

Baxter Response

Thanks for having been a part of our Sales Team in London and for mentioning the excellent career development, great culture and fantastic people. We invest time in our people so we love knowing that you too felt Baxter is a brilliant environment to work in. We also appreciate you sharing the cons with us as that is how we continuously get better. We continue to make explicit strides on several transformations including process and digital transformation and continue to invest in technology to simplify the lives of our patients and employees. Thanks again for sharing! #Baxterproud #LifeatBaxter

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid if possible, but decent first job

Nov 11, 2021 - Production Technician in Croydon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most members of staff are nice Decent salary Parking available Nice Unit manager

Cons

Poor management - the managers sit in their offices and are not very proactive with staff. To the point where they don't even know you personally or make the effort to greet you. Only one of three was pleasant to deal with, he was very nice and dealt with training. Blame culture - Staff are blamed for mistakes, with no feedback provided. Therefore, the individual who has made the mistake is unaware. The team leaders however will gossip and spread errors creating a bad reputation for the individuals involved. Lack of communication between staff - If individuals are unaware of mistakes, how they improve? Something they need to work on. Not welcoming to new starters Staff from a particular ethnic group, protect each other and gang up on other member of staff. High staff turnover - To the point where staff were leaving the job without having secured employment elsewhere. It just highlights the toxicity of the place, and the extent to which change is needed. Not a graduate role - very minimal progression, with clear favouritism shown.

Baxter Response

Thanks for the feedback and for taking the time to write a review. We love your mentions of our compensation package and benefits and agree that we are fortunate to have great people working for us. At Baxter, all feedback is important to us so we are also disappointed to hear the cons as these go against who we are as an organisation and recommend you contact Baxter@baxtercares.com to discuss these points further.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work for

Oct 5, 2021 - QA Associate in Thetford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management of helpful and it's a great place to work for

Cons

The shift system can be hard sometimes

Baxter Response

Thanks so much for leaving a review and for having been a key member in our Thetford site. #Thisiswhere we love the call out on our management and Thetford being a great place to work. We agree that the shift system can sometimes be hard to adjust to at times. Thanks again for taking the time! We appreciate it.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best company to work for!

Jul 30, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Newbury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Such a family like environment where everyone regardless of hierarchy is dedicated to helping each other out. No dictatorship or micromanagement. Plenty of career progression.

Cons

In my opinion there are no cons

Baxter Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your positive review and for mentioning our great work environment. We couldn't agree more! Thank you for noting the opportunities to progress within Baxter; we really appreciate you, your hard work, commitment to Baxter and your dedication to supporting our mission of saving and sustaining lives. Thanks for being a part of our Baxter family! ​

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Jul 24, 2021 - QA Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity to gain experience in a QA role in a pharmaceutical field Good salary

Cons

No opportunity to progress Management techniques need improvement

Baxter Response

Thanks so much for being a part of our QA team and for all that you do! Your feedback is important to us and it is by being aware of the pros and cons that we strive continuously to improve. We would certainly recommend you discussing your career development with your manager at your next ACE check in.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,307 Reviews