Bazaarvoice Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bazaarvoice Reviews

Updated 14 Sep 2019

Found 419 reviews

3.7
Bazaarvoice CEO Joe Davis (no image)
Joe Davis
Pros
Cons
  • "You need to assert your own work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "People who have NO business leading a team, let alone being put into a senior leadership role abounds(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I really like working here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great office culture - Management really care about making the EMEA business successful - People are humble and willing to help each other - Great opportunity to learn on the job - Bi weekly gongs give a good update on company direction

Cons

- London head office is in Hammersmith - EMEA and US businesses need to be better aligned...but that's the same for all companies I've worked for with a US head office

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with your staff, it makes a huge difference.

Bazaarvoice2018-10-15

"Best people and culture!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people definitely are the best(!!), followed by the company values, which I felt were innate within many BVers. You will not only hear about them but is actually actioned on via your day to day work and charity days. There's also an internal recognition system where you can give high-five shout outs to someone awesome. When you're a newbie you're welcomed into the company and you introduce yourself globally... (literally) in the fortnightly 'Gong' where all offices in EMEA + US connect. It's also where company news, product updates, team/ individual achievements, guest speakers, long-term work anniversaries, client speakers etc. happen too - great way to hear what is happening. APAC are asleep but their updates and wins are shared also. Internal mobility is very good if you're a strong performer. There is also the opportunity to cross the pond to other offices (if the opportunity is available to do so) and individuals have been very successful. The solutions are not complex to get your head around and simply works as proven in the huge range of brands and retailers that use it. Even on a consumer level, it's influencing your purchasing decisions - who doesn't love a review! People are very social and often there are pub drinks, free office lunch (once a week) together, lots of snacks, summer and Xmas parties are fantastic fun. BVers from other offices make regular visits too. Overall, I LOVED my time at BV! It was a tough decision to leave because of the amazing people. You will make life-long friends working here.

Cons

The culture took a dip a little before and after the private equity acquisition and the low moral was definitely felt. Sadly some redundancies had to be made too. However, leadership/ management were well aware and did their best to bring the motivation levels back up again. Being a US firm, most major decisions came from there and/or things were implemented/ tested there first. Not a con, during my time Gene... Austin was CEO and he was a great leader.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, #OneTeamOneDream!

Bazaarvoice2019-08-21

"The ship is definitely sinking"

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Genuinely nice people to work with, reasonably good salary and benefits, nice off site events

Cons

This place has changed a lot lately and definitely not for the better, all the good people have left in the last months or are about to leave the sinking ship. There are no real career progression possibilities, unless you start as an intern, promotions seem to be a completely random choice: whoever happened to be around for more than 3 years becomes a manager, without any assessment. There is zero thought... leadership, nothing inspirational, managers are just considered as escalation points - and escalations are very frequent as clients aren't satisfied with the horrendous tools, sales sets completely wrong expectations just in order to hit the targets. Managers apply an extreme top-down and arrogant approach when it comes to taking decisions, particularly in the professional services department. There are way better companies out there, I wouldn't recommend working here.

Advice to Management

Invest in your own people, don't just "manage out" whoever doesn't fit into your framework but take the time and listen, consider your employees as human beings and fix your products

Bazaarvoice2019-08-25

Bazaarvoice Response

September 12, 2019Director People & Talent EMEA

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I take your comments regarding your experience very seriously. We do recognise that there continues to be change in Austin and globally, including London. However, we think this change is continuing to march Bazaarvoice in the right ...

"Not the right company for career progression"

Current Employee - Technical Sucess Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, friendly people, no micro-managing

Cons

No clear policy for internal progression, it seems easier to resign and apply to an other position than to go through the internal process. To progress it seems thqt visibility is more important than quality.

Bazaarvoice2019-07-16

"No Brains, all Sales"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Genuinely nice people on the ground, albeit clueless other than when it comes to going to the pub.

Cons

A culture of discounting and transactional sales damage client relationships, CSDs who's attitude would have you think they're consultants whereas in reality they have no business experience and add no value. Sales people who have no training, no ambition and no motivation from leadership.... speaking of which, ego's and "management" is nothing more than counting trivial things and showcasing a "use me only as a... point of escalation" attitude. Everyone is complaining about my manager but all he is interested in is furthering his career. Pockets of good partnership across the technical side and client facing side but otherwise unresponsive.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Open your eyes. Everyone is demotivated and lead by misfits who think they're untouchable, when feedback is given employees get fired. You say you are the best? Learn from the best - invest in your people.

Bazaarvoice2019-04-24

"Software Engineer in Belfast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belfast City Centre, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with some of the best software professionals in Belfast on software that operates at real global internet scale. Teams are autonomous and own products from inception to delivery, and those products are core to the company's business - we're not limited to fixing bugs in legacy code or acting as satellite teams for the primary development hub in Austin. Innovation is encouraged. Management are supportive of... a good work-life balance, whether that means flexible hours, working from home or highlighting the importance of good mental and physical health. Although BV has been around for almost 15 years, Belfast still has something of a startup vibe, and everyone has a voice in office decisions. Almost too much free food and drink, and I believe remuneration is well above average for Belfast. Note: Ratings are for Belfast only

Cons

There has been upheaval in Austin as the company was acquired by a equity firm in 2018, leading to some technical leaders departing the company. High level of autonomy has led to duplication of effort and varied approaches to deployment/technology adoption, which is not efficient.

Advice to Management

Continue with the transparent communication.

Bazaarvoice2019-01-27

"Great Company"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

The working environment is great. Collaborative and friendly. Everyone is eager to help.

Cons

There were a lot of changes throughout the last 6 years. The company was acquired and the profitability driven actions are visible across teams, no necessarily for the best or in the interest of the employees.

Bazaarvoice2019-01-24

"Lack of Leadership"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people if you want to make friends Flexible

Cons

Lack of Leadership No motivation or celebration for targets being made Poor Management in all departments

Bazaarvoice2019-02-03

Bazaarvoice Response

February 6, 2019Director People & Talent EMEA

Thank you for your honest feedback. Feedback is very important and we will send this information on to the proper leadership team. But we also encourage you to provide this feedback directly to your manager.

9. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great and thorough on-boarding process - Great atmosphere all around - Attractive Salary & Compensation - Club trips, Company Phone, Computer, etc

Cons

- Location of the office is not the best in London

Bazaarvoice2019-01-16
  10. "Great culture but repetitive work"

Former Employee - Implementation Designer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best working environments I have ever been at. The people there are amazing. Access to anything you need to get the job done. Very flexible working hours.

Cons

Was quite far from where I lived, meant commute was about 3 hours a day. Work is repetitive, as a designer made me worried as I ended up with a portfolio of templated ratings and reviews system. They treated the head of design quite badly. He had built a great team.

Bazaarvoice2019-01-09