Computershare Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Their is no room for growth or salary raise and you will remain a temp employee for as long as they like" (in 14 reviews)

• "Unfortunately cost reduction has reduced the workforce, ongoing redundancies and no vision for the future communicated by Senior Management" (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Louisville, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not sure where to start here so let me just dive in...

My experience in 1.5 years of being with the company has been great. The management in my department is fantastic, I've never felt like I couldn't come to them with an issue that they didn't take seriously. I've received two promotions in this time and continue to feel like a valued employee. I've received plenty of opportunities to learn new things that don't always apply to what I do, but helps in promoting myself as a valued employee.

This is the first company I've ever worked for that holds all kinds of different events from raising money for charities to opportunities to meet & greet other departments during and outside of work hours which I find pretty awesome.

With this company moving from NJ, I feel like we had & continue to have the opportunity to come up with new processes that work for our department, giving us the kind of flexibility that allows for a desirable work environment & not just rules that are put into place because that's how management thinks it should work that don't actually make sense for someone who is actually doing the job day in and day out.

In my department, there is some flexibility to work from home once a month and IF there's a reason you can't physically make it to work due to weather or if the company is having technical issues they may send you home to work & that is a nice little bonus in my opion (I've never had the opportunity to WFH before).

Overall, I believe if you work hard, network, & take even the smallest opportunities to learn, there's a chance to grow & move into different roles. I see myself being here for a long time and I truly hope this company only gets better with time.

Cons

An annual raise that makes a difference would be much appreciated!

Advice to Management

Always take the time to listen to your employees and make an effort to meet in the middle whenever possible. If you keep employees happy and morale up, you'll keep turnover low, have people who are happy to come to work and put genuine effort into the work they do for you.

This is a big stretch, but it would be a really big perk to have a little travel program (since they have people flying back and forth from Jersey to Louisville all the time for training anyways lol) dedicated to teach interested employees about your other locations & what they do. I have my eye on Johannesburg.

Computershare Response

16 Aug 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction

Wow - thank you for providing such detailed feedback!! We want you to know how much we appreciate you, and your advice is spot on! Now, the travel program is a little challenging but if we get that... More

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

New enthusiastic teams, great working environment, global reach for work being done.

Cons

Need to be prepared to work with teams in very different time zones so out of hours meetings, etc.

3. "Good opportunities depending from your department"

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

Good work life balance and good benefits
    Nice workplace and evironment

Cons

Depending on your department you can have good growth opportunities or nothing at all.

4. "OK"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Bristol, England
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Bristol, England

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed, people, Diverse, good work life balance

Cons

Salary and poor senior management stifling creativity

Advice to Management

Invest in recruitment and allow those good people to innovate

5. "Client Manager"

I worked at Computershare full-time

Pros

Flexible working, start and leave times

Cons

No remuneration structure, pay bands etc therefore no incentive to progress as not clear how package would change

Advice to Management

Introduce Pay Bands

6. "On reflection"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some good people and some great clients

Cons

Bullies as senior managers
    Subsidies fail to assert information to Group and do the right thing.
    This business whether it’s the share side or outsourcing deceive clients and regulators

Advice to Management

Deliver on your sales pitch, stop covering up regulatory issues. Advice to future prospects whether you’re a client or employee, scratch below the surface, probe and don’t stop until you get the evidence. Keep them to there word and get everything in writing.

"Wouldn't bother...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free shuttle bus from the centre of Bristol to the office.
    For the most part good colleagues

Cons

The management is awful and this goes for middle and higher management, there's no communication between them and their respective teams so you often feel like you're not aiming towards a common goal but instead you feel like you're stagnating. If you try to improve processes or suggest a different way to do something than management then you're sidelined and are put off any projects, training and anything else beneficial -- they want yes men and that is all.

Promotions, payrises and bonuses are only given to employee's who have no drive but instead are friends with their manager. There is no skill needed in your actual job role, you just need to be a "brown noser". Strip your dignity and own thoughts and eat all the stuff management give you, you'll be a senior in no time!

The canteen and coffee shop are sold to you as a "perk" however these are massively overpriced and not worth the money, the ingredients are lackluster. For a sandwich or wrap the prices range from £2.00 - £4.95 and that's before you add in a drink and crisps. No subsidising here.

Advice to Management

Treat your GOOD employee's better and give them the opportunities to get ahead and not to those who only "brown nose". You'll end up with every team having yes men and no one driving the company forward.

Only recommended if you live nearby and have no hopes or dreams. I'd even rather be on the dole.

"Company review"

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Computershare is great, colleagues are really friendly and helpful. The office location is great. It's a very flexible place to work with regards to working hours and working from home when needed. Management care about helping you progress. The social side is pretty good too.

Cons

There are so many different areas within Computershare that there is a lot to learn, from both a financial and a technical perspective, this can be challenging if you are moving around teams quite a lot.

9. "Building a Centre of Excellence"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Computershare are building a Global technology centre in the heart of Edinburgh, a state of the art office purpose built for their ambitions and staffed by like minded individuals ready to get on with their work and deliver value to our business. A really exciting time to join an ever expanding company with unique challenges to test and grow your skills.

Cons

Be prepared to work, there is no spoon feeding of tasks and expectations are set early that you are responsible and accountable. It is easy to become lost in the sheer scope of work but the support is there and willing as long as you ask for it.

10. "Flexible working and genione career development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible working
    - Genuine career progression opportunities
    - The best culture I have ever worked in
    - Supportive management
    - Lots of different projects to get involved in

Cons

- Good benefits package but the pension scheme could be slightly better