Computershare Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3
Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Culture/Work-Life Balance: The culture here is wonderful" (in 48 reviews)

• "Lots of opportunity, work/life balance, occasional work from home options" (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Their is no room for growth or salary raise and you will remain a temp employee for as long as they like" (in 14 reviews)

• "Key team members regularly leave but senior management has yet to take any action on these issues" (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Louisville, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not sure where to start here so let me just dive in...

My experience in 1.5 years of being with the company has been great. The management in my department is fantastic, I've never felt like I couldn't come to them with an issue that they didn't take seriously. I've received two promotions in this time and continue to feel like a valued employee. I've received plenty of opportunities to learn new things that don't always apply to what I do, but helps in promoting myself as a valued employee.

This is the first company I've ever worked for that holds all kinds of different events from raising money for charities to opportunities to meet & greet other departments during and outside of work hours which I find pretty awesome.

With this company moving from NJ, I feel like we had & continue to have the opportunity to come up with new processes that work for our department, giving us the kind of flexibility that allows for a desirable work environment & not just rules that are put into place because that's how management thinks it should work that don't actually make sense for someone who is actually doing the job day in and day out.

In my department, there is some flexibility to work from home once a month and IF there's a reason you can't physically make it to work due to weather or if the company is having technical issues they may send you home to work & that is a nice little bonus in my opion (I've never had the opportunity to WFH before).

Overall, I believe if you work hard, network, & take even the smallest opportunities to learn, there's a chance to grow & move into different roles. I see myself being here for a long time and I truly hope this company only gets better with time.

Cons

An annual raise that makes a difference would be much appreciated!

Advice to Management

Always take the time to listen to your employees and make an effort to meet in the middle whenever possible. If you keep employees happy and morale up, you'll keep turnover low, have people who are happy to come to work and put genuine effort into the work they do for you.

This is a big stretch, but it would be a really big perk to have a little travel program (since they have people flying back and forth from Jersey to Louisville all the time for training anyways lol) dedicated to teach interested employees about your other locations & what they do. I have my eye on Johannesburg.

16 Aug 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction

Wow - thank you for providing such detailed feedback!! We want you to know how much we appreciate you, and your advice is spot on! Now, the travel program is a little challenging but if we get that... More

2. "The place to be"

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a great place to work

Cons

Becoming invested in your career

18 Dec 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction

Awesome!! Best of luck and thank you for this great feedback!

3. "Building a Centre of Excellence"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Computershare are building a Global technology centre in the heart of Edinburgh, a state of the art office purpose built for their ambitions and staffed by like minded individuals ready to get on with their work and deliver value to our business. A really exciting time to join an ever expanding company with unique challenges to test and grow your skills.

Cons

Be prepared to work, there is no spoon feeding of tasks and expectations are set early that you are responsible and accountable. It is easy to become lost in the sheer scope of work but the support is there and willing as long as you ask for it.

4. "Flexible working and genione career development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible working
    - Genuine career progression opportunities
    - The best culture I have ever worked in
    - Supportive management
    - Lots of different projects to get involved in

Cons

- Good benefits package but the pension scheme could be slightly better

5. "Company review"

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Computershare is great, colleagues are really friendly and helpful. The office location is great. It's a very flexible place to work with regards to working hours and working from home when needed. Management care about helping you progress. The social side is pretty good too.

Cons

There are so many different areas within Computershare that there is a lot to learn, from both a financial and a technical perspective, this can be challenging if you are moving around teams quite a lot.

6. "No Contact Telephone Numbers"

Former Employee - Customer Account Management in Bingley, England
    Former Employee - Customer Account Management in Bingley, England

I worked at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money off vouchers for various outlets.

Cons

Insufficient training and no way to contact anyone if you have a query.

Advice to Management

In short I didn't enjoy working there. Very poor training - most intense training given is corporate. On the job/skill training is just that - On the job, sitting with people that don't have time to train up newbies. Then you're pushed to "go live" and electronically handle customers mortgage accounts, moving thousands of pounds around accounts with insufficient training.

Also, they used an incorrect National Insurance Number for me and despite me emailing HR (because you can NEVER find a telephone contact number for anyone) they have never replied or corrected the error. l have since left the company and I have not received my final pay which is now overdue, although they have sent me my P45 .... still with the incorrect N.I. number on it.

"Growing and evolving company investing in its people"

Current Employee - Test Lead in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Test Lead in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time and investment in people's development is really pushed with access to internal and online training actively promoted. This is made part of everyone's goals.

An agile company going the right direction. Always striving to improve how things are done.

Employee wellness, mental health and work/life balance is promoted.

Since working here the last year I feel Team really means Team.

Challenging work and projects but so varied you cannot get bored.

Real opportunities to add value, learn varied skills and make career moves.

The company is working hard to provide the right environment for employees to succeed, collaborate and enjoy working here.

Flexible working options are an essential part of work today and here they are provided.

Colleagues are friendly and open. I enjoy working here.

Expanding the work force currently is bringing in new experience, energy and ideas.

Cons

Lot's of legacy products but actively working to move forward and improve or create new competitive ones.

Some old school politics left around but overall forward thinking.

Advice to Management

Keep going on the current journey and direction.
    People today want investment in them and to see opportunity in their development and career.
    Flexible working in todays climate is essential and gets the most out of people and keeps that work/life balance. Keep that up!

8. "More to life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I worked at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office in Bristol, co workers are a good bunch and they support flexible working for the right people

Cons

Face fit culture, senior managers are out of touch with their workforce and although they talk in a caring fashion at townhalls, employee happiness is out at the very back of the que over profits margins. Senior managers are untouchable and the current trend for young gun managers just ladder climbing isn’t good as they come with very little in the way of people skills.

Advice to Management

Scrap your current senior manager and engage/employ people that come with a fresh view of commercial life outside of the ball and chain mentality that is currently in show

"Bad Management and Toxic Culture"

Former Employee - Manager in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England
    Former Employee - Manager in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Computershare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

They took a fantastic place to work with a brilliant culture, and ruined it within 12 months. They deliberately mislead their clients and care only about making a profit. They can't make sensible decisions and are arrogant.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

10. "Great people"

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Low salary for the work that’s required

Advice to Management

Difficult work

1 Oct 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Please know that we value your contributions and if you have a question about your compensation, please talk with your leader and/or Human Resources... More