EE Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

EE CEO Marc Allera
Marc Allera

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Absolute rubbish work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Doesnt matter if a customer sends an email to your manager thanking you for good customer service managers not bothered (in 16 reviews)

1. "Contact centre"

I worked at EE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work

Cons

BT takeover means change to come

Advice to Management

Remember staff through integration to BT . bt bought ee for culture and worked hard to be top 3 Sunday times. Don’t let that be forgotten

2. "Loved it most of the time"

Former Employee - Customer Advisor in Southampton, England
    Former Employee - Customer Advisor in Southampton, England

I worked at EE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money was good if you hit your accelerators and your targets. Excellent for looking after you including paid trips to road shows etc. Obviously staff discount was pretty cool.

Cons

Targets were unreasonable at times and very short staffed. Systems were absolutely shambolic. If you introduce a new system test it first......

Advice to Management

Spread the targets more fairly. A store running on two staff most of the week can't hit the same targets as a store running on 6/7 a shift.

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at EE full-time

Pros

Very clear career path regardless of there you want to go. Endless opportunities

Cons

Most of the biggest salary opportunities are based in London.

Advice to Management

Keep people motivated, see the bigger picture. There is no end goal, only to keep being the best

5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England

I worked at EE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, staff, in the top 10 companies to work for.

Cons

Salaries, recruitment process, systems

Advice to Management

A fairer recruitment process needs to be adopted as long serving, knowledgable, loyal staff are often lost due to opportunities being handed on a plate to the wrong people.

6. "Soul Suckers"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative

I worked at EE part-time

Pros

Good line rental discounts, sick pay, maternity package.

Cons

Enough is never Enough! Ludicrous amounts of money spent on store refits (often a bit of a bodge job) not enough money invested in systems and hardware the staff need to do jobs quickly and efficiently. Too much red tape causing frustration and hindrance. Unable to price match at retail level, meaning countless sales lost to competitors and our own direct sales teams! Forced to be part of group messaging apps, meaning when you leave work..work follows you home! Stressed out managers ..i have witnessed people broken by the constant "drilling down" from upper management..who have no idea of the daily issues we have to deal with on the shop floor. Footfall counters, that unless you are under 3 foot tall..or duck under..each time the store is entered. will count as a customer..which is then counted as a buyer..to which we have to sell to, or it's a negative conversion. So if a workman or member of the public goes in and out several times..that pushes our targets to convert to a sale up. It's a very unfair system. Uniform is scruffy. And far too many people employed as management who quite frankly have atrocious personalities, personal hygiene and are all about divide and conquer and bullying!

Advice to Management

Spend more money on systems and hardware staff need to do the job efficiently and less on your company knees up events and constant shop record. Stop employing people as managers who have zero people skills and are bullies.

7. "Good £££ for retail, awful job security(LONDON)"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in London, England
    Current Employee - Customer Advisor in London, England

I have been working at EE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

75% person line rental discount which drops to 30% for life one left.
    Good salary + Commission for retail
    Can be a fun environment.

Cons

Target driven, can be out of the company in a month once put on a performance plan. (Usually put on if the manger dislikes you, however sometimes it’s due to constant poor performance which is understandable).
    New starters never get trained properly which is sad to see.
    I have worked in many branches across the UK all I can say is every branch I worked with in London, ruined my whole outlook on EE as an employee. This review is specifically about stores in London. Absolute rubbish work life balance. Frowned upon when you don’t accept overtime and in turn holidays never get accepted. Although commission is good it’s decreased severely over the years and it’s harder to get. However work hard play hard. Stressful place to work in during 1. Black Friday 2.New phone launches 3. Christmas.

Advice to Management

Competition between stores in the same region let alone different regions is too much! Stop! Don’t talk to your employees unprofessionally or hide behind policies that you’ve made up on the spot. I once loved the company but the harsh reality is the company & the store managers treat you like the bottom of the barrel. WE ARE THE FIRST POINT OF CONTACT FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! And one very last important point, do not apply the pressures that you’re getting from your managers to us ‘unprofessionally’.

8. "Business customer service advisor"

I worked at EE part-time

Pros

Good basic pay. Good bonus opportunity. Friendly staff. Opportunities for progression

Cons

Stressful target driven environment. Be the best competitive nature

Advice to Management

Listen and engage with staff on front line issues. Hard targets are not always the answer to performance management

9. "EE call centre"

Current Employee - Retention Advisor in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Current Employee - Retention Advisor in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at EE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours and contracts are great. the people you work with and the high level management are fab. benefits such as 75% off phone plans and 30% off for friends and family. dental and health cover included. overall a it doesn't really feel like an ordinary call centre. Good basic salary.

Cons

multiple systems being used at the same time meaning it isn't easy to navigate and find out information for customers. Adding in more system processes but the targets on after call work (WRAP) remains the same. unachievable targets meaning commission has went from an average of £500 a month to £100 a month.

Advice to Management

You want to be best for customer service but pressure staff into selling additional products. you ask a lot of your sales and retentions teams but not one manager could follow the "ee way" call flow and use the systems correctly at the same time.follow in apples footsteps make advisors sell only if it suits the customer.

10. "Great company"

Pros

Genuinely love their staff.

Cons

Working weekends to accommodate customers. More common these days.

11. "Good money, great training"

I have been working at EE part-time

Pros

Training provided regularly
    Very good commission - I was on a 12 hour p/week contract, this one specific month i did a little bit of overtime but took home £450 in commission on top of my basic
    Working in a phone shop is exactly like the programme Phone Shop, a great laugh.

Cons

none that i can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. My manager at Exeter was very supportive. Keep it up Rich.