Glassdoor Reviews

Found 783 of over 854 reviews

4.0
Glassdoor CEO Christian Sutherland-Wong
Christian Sutherland-Wong
Pros
  • "There is a lot of respect for your personal time and I think in general Glassdoor offers a good work life balance(in 91 reviews)

• "Great people - i know cliche - but love the tech pool and challenges we solve everyday(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I think Glassdoor is still experiencing growing pains in where we want to establish ourselves in the market(in 47 reviews)

• "Commute can be lengthy since the Mill Valley office is in North Bay(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Glassdoor

Join the conversation on

Tech

84.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Glassdoor~100431
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing and fun people, progressive culture and a great product

Oct 14, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are fun, warm, welcoming, understanding and helpful. Leadership also cares a lot and is constantly engaging with the workforce to make things happen and constantly improve. The company is keen for people to develop and they always provide support. The product is also fantastic and so insightful. It really helps the jobseeker as well as the employer.

Cons

Not many to be honest! Sometimes things can get busy but not all the time. That's any job.

VP, Customer Success

Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear that we are fulfilling our core value, "Good People". I couldn't agree more that Glassdoor employees are kind, welcoming and collaborative. Additionally, as you note, professional development is a key area of focus and our goal is to continuously invest in our employees. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. - Rennie Taylor, VP of Customer Success

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company and culture!

Aug 22, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is only week one for me, however everyone is super welcoming, friendly, inclusive and supportive! Employee's wellbeing and work/life balance appears to be super important, which is great to see. The 5 week remote onboarding program is very comprehensive and easy to follow. Loving the experience so far, one of the best ones I have had!

Cons

There are no cons so far.

VP, Customer Success

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am so glad to hear you are having a positive experience. It is extremely important to myself and leadership that you feel welcome, supported and included throughout your time at Glassdoor. I also appreciate your feedback on our onboarding process as that has been an area of focus as we want to ensure you are set up for success. Thank you again for sharing your perspective and welcome to Glassdoor! Rennie Taylor, VP Customer Success

3. Ask Employees™

I would recommend my manager to a friend or colleague

Polled: Nov 2021Responses: 232 ResponsesResponses: 232Audience: All employees
      Strongly Agree 154 (66%)
      Featured Employee Response

My manager is hands down the best people leader I've ever worked with in my career. She's a truly gifted and inspiring leader. I cannot recommend her enough and feel lucky to work under her.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Disappointing To See Where We Are

Jul 6, 2021 - Enterprise Account Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working Unlimited PTO Culture Being treated as an adult (at times) Nothing else

Cons

Poor senior leadership Out of touch CEO Pay not competitive Poor decision making The time to make any decision takes far too long and are reliant on Indeed to agree or work with us to make a decision. Waiting half a quarter to receive your quota! Poor planning Almost too much of a focus on D&I and not on some very basic issues

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great EMEA team with a good work culture

May 25, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

team culture, EMEA leadership, work life balance, great product

Cons

Very few so far - navigating change and recent Indeed partnership is an ongoing challenge.

6. 4.0

Good company

Feb 4, 2021 - Account Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company, good salary and benefits, great people

Cons

None that I can think of

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent

Aug 26, 2020 - Intern in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management , Work life balance,Friendly, Opportunity, Colleagues

Cons

Competitive, Busy, Loud, Stress, Noise

Glassdoor Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re thrilled to read that you had an excellent experience working on our EMEA teams, and that you felt you had a job that fit and supported your life. Your feedback is valuable as we look to grow into an even more equitable and inclusive place to work!

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A lack of transparency, Indeed.

Aug 14, 2020 - Senior Customer Success Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people. Glassdoor hired some incredible people and my managers in customer success EMEA were the absolute finest managers I’ve had: open, transparent, supportive, had their team’s back every step of the way.

Cons

“I'm sorry to hear your feedback that you feel the recent layoffs were unexpected and a surprise” This is just an example of the responses I’ve read from the CEO and senior management to reviews left in recent weeks, after Glassdoor announced that 30% of their staff were made redundant. The responses also state that staff were warned in all hands about the negative impact to the business. I was one of those surprised and blindsided employees, but it’s interesting to see that myself and others like me should have apparently listened better in all hands meetings. This is a shame.

5 people found this review helpful

VP, Customer Success| Global GTM

Dear Glassdoor CSM Thanks for taking the time to share your candid feedback and sorry it has taken me a while to reply. In my new role overseeing our international teams it’s informative (if not difficult) reading. While I’m still developing my understanding of the various issues, I don’t disagree that work is needed to up-level our EMEA organization. In some areas, there are initiatives underway tackling some of the issues you’ve raised. For example, we implemented new technology to streamline production of the Business Review and have been working towards optimizing this for EMEA-specific data. More product specific training is still needed, but we have launched an enablement program focused on building the next level of knowledge and skill in employer branding which rolls-out over the next couple quarters. In other areas, we still need to formulate a specific plan for how to ensure that you - and others - feel more supported and positive in relation to your experience at work (for example, improving work-life balance or reducing the volume of account transitions that happen each quarter). I hear your frustration in relation to the amount of change happening across the business and in particular, the speed with which we’re moving. Moving quickly makes change even harder and I realize that this creates difficulties for you and others which can be really frustrating. It’s true that slowing down could help us avoid some missteps, but introduces a different type of discomfort from supporting legacy processes and approaches for longer while trying to shift into a new motion. I do need to be better at anticipating and planning for change to ease some of the challenges for our teams going forward and I plan on broader consultation ahead of time to assist with this going forward. As we exit this quarter, I am hopeful that the completion of large components of our change effort will relieve a number of frustrations for you and others in EMEA. I’m committed to improving the experience of our teams in the region and believe we’ve made some important early steps towards improving communication, transparency and accountability that I hope you feel good about. There’s no question that we need high performers like you who care about making things better in order for us to reach our ambitious goals, so please know that these perspectives are valued. -Chris, VP Customer Success

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just A Number

Jul 17, 2020 - Sales in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited Holiday Flexible Working Lots of Great People Great Product Line

Cons

Lack of transparency when it comes to future planning. Most of us feel like just a number during this transition period and we're doing a lot of hard work for no reward. Lots of change recently and more to come but when it comes to communicating the change it's been horrific. A change is announced then that change changes and then changes again. During some recent changes some of us told SLT here are some problems that we'll face and they were ignored and now the problems are at our door and they're now trying to correct them. All we ask is to be heard and to also know the UK is different to the US. With the new structure the pay and commission is not aligned within teams and it's all but been swept to the side. In many cases we aren't rewarded on all of the work we do and it just gets passed off to someone else to benefit from with the explanation that that's the rules sorry about no exceptions.

8 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee

We rolled the dice

Jul 15, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Even by Glassdoor standards, there has been a lot of change in 2020. However, the mission is as strong as ever and for me, the most significant pro of working here is the people. I love the fact that I can work independently and the support for WFH has been awesome. We have a strong People team that has really come into its own during the pandemic. I fully support the new strategy shift and the drive for transparency. However, the pace of change is scary and dramatic. We've rolled the dice in a major way and I hope for all our sakes that it works out. You can't deny that there are some pretty bold changes kicking off right now.

Cons

Unfortunately, while I have had a good run, I fear that post-restructure I am running out of road. It wasn't Glassdoor's fault that COVID-19 came along and I believe senior management acted in the best interests of the company in letting 30% of the workforce go. Some of those people will be sorely missed, others, not so much. However, this has had a dramatic affect on my day-to-day role and the outlook for my development and progression is not good right now. I hope this situation changes, and you can never tell what is around the corner, but right now my scope is severely limited. I wish I wasn't facing this situation, but I just can't see how to haul myself out of it and there is no magic wand for Glassdoor to wave. It is gut-wrenching.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your review. I agree, the People Team has done a great job supporting our employees, especially as we navigate working from home during COVID-19. Unfortunately, the pandemic and the economic crisis that came with it had a drastic impact on our business, which forced us to make some really difficult decisions. I’m truly sorry we were in a position to have to say goodbye to so many talented individuals. It's always our hope to set everyone up to succeed and ensure everyone has a clear understanding of our company strategy. We'll be very focused in the coming weeks and months to do our best to support our teams through these changes. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. Christian CEO, Glassdoor

11. 2.0

Indoor

May 9, 2020 - Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people, good benefits, good recruiting team

Cons

It's actually tough to sell a product with no real value for its clients, it's a very expensive platform and we were asked to be inventive to try to show some sort of ROI. The "Indeed" model of selling jobs is not what the Glassdoor community is expecting, we expect transparency and clients are basically paying to hide reviews and put marketing content in front of candidates. I wouldn't be surprised to see you two merging. In the end, you're just a number, and you have to show appreciation to your management everyday if you want to climb the ladder. You might see sales reps overly nice with management even though they are not performing, but they will get promoted, don't ask why.

8 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for sharing your experience and valuable feedback. I’m happy to hear that the people, the benefits and our recruiting team at Glassdoor were a highlight of your time at Glassdoor. I want to first assure you: you are not just a number. Every single person at Glassdoor matters a great deal to your team, to your leadership, and to me. You matter very much. I don’t disagree that over the past couple years Glassdoor should have been more focused on innovating and focusing on what differentiates Glassdoor from our competitors. Earlier this year, we did make a strategic shift to change that and refocus on what we do best. And that is where we'll double down as a business to be an indispensable resource for employers and job seekers alike. Employers and job seekers need Glassdoor and we're uniquely positioned to provide expertise and resources during this time and we will take this opportunity to rise to the occasion. Thank you for all you contributed to Glassdoor. Christian CEO, Glassdoor

Viewing 1 - 10 of 783 Reviews