Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep 2018

3.1

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Glassdoor is very thorough and transparent. It begins with a few phone screens to understand you and your career outlook. Then moves on to a sales pitch and final stage video conference interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for an entry level position for the training, and to grow my already existing skills.

1.) I had initial interview with a recruiter who was nice, and easy to communicate with. They were knowledgeable and seemed like they genuinely wanted me to move forward. I was asked general screening questions about my past experiences, career outlook, and personal hobbies.

2.) My second interview was with the hiring manager. They were also very easy to talk to, and asked me a lot of the similar questions. After describing myself and my career goals I was invited to attend a meet and greet at a restaurant in downtown Chicago.

3.) When I arrived to the meet and greet there were quite a few people there. It was a mix of Glassdoor employees and candidates. It was an opportunity to get to know the employees, ask questions, and for them to basically interview you throughout the process. It was a very stressful process to walk in there alone and speak with 40+ people that were judging you the entire time. Several other candidates mentioned the same thing.

4.) After clearing the previous 3 interviews, I was invited to give a sales pitch. The sales pitch was given through an online meeting platform, where I led a presentation to three employees who role played as a client company. I gave my best shot, but they hard stop you at about 20 minutes..so if they ask too many questions you have to cut them off to move forward. I did not and had to rush to finish my presentation. They will ask you questions, and you must provide solutions to their business issues, then close on a new contract by up-selling.

5.) One week after the sales pitch I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that they did not want to move forward because I did not have enough sales experience, which really annoyed me considering I applied for the position because I didn't have a lot of experience. I communicated this EVERY interview I had, but they continued to move me forward. The process was very time consuming and stressful, which turned out to be a waste of time.

In conclusion: They said my skills in all areas were very strong except for my sales closing skills, which to me sounds like I'm a perfect candidate for the entry-level position. Beware..they will move you forward even if you aren't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Glassdoor Response

31 May 2016 – Manager

Hi There -

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your interview experience.

We understand that interviewing for Sales at Glassdoor is not the easiest. Not to mention, with... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

First was a Screening call by an internal recruiter. After the first call, a Skype interview with 3 current managers took place. After making it to the next round, a 30 minute sales pitch that was presented via GoToMeeting with 3 individuals on the call (kind of like a role play scenario). Finally, a call with Director to seal the deal!

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      How do you handle conflict or rejection?
      Why Glassdoor?
      Give me an example of a time where you had to make an extremely tough decision but you knew it was the right thing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Throughout the course of the interview process I had a total of 4 interviews. Two phone interviews, a Skype interview, and a mock sales pitch. Everyone who I spoke with was intuitive and incredibly helpful. The whole process felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about yourself"
      What drives you?
      If handed a book of business, how would you handle it?
      Are you a leader or a follower?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was extensive but very pleasant. I had a total of 7 different meetings from a phone screening, to a sales pitch, to in-office interviews. The process moved quickly which was great. Everyone I spoke with and interviewed with was friendly and very eager to answer any questions. It was great experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to...   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was great. I had contact with a total of 7 different employees. Their interview process started with an HR phone screen, a video interview with one of the Managers, a sales pitch, and three in-person interviews. Although the interview process seems extensive it was refreshing to find a company who wants to hire the right employee and make sure the employee is capable to put in the work and do the job they are interviewing for. Everyone throughout the process was super helpful, welcoming, and transparent.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a book of business, how would you handle it?

The sales pitch is difficult, but make sure to do your research and come prepared.   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall, a frustrating experience. I went through 2 interviews & a Sales Pitch. The first 2 interviews were very straightforward i.e. tell us about yourself, what attracted you to Glassdoor, etc., while the Sales Pitch requires a lot of time & preparation, but comes across as a good taste of the job's duties.

My main frustration with this experience is how the interviewers handled it. I initially thought that each interviewer was very genuine & professional. However, following the Sales Pitch, no one ever reached back out to at least tell me I wouldn't be offered the job. The same people that had been so friendly & easy to talk to suddenly became impossible to reach. I sent a "Thank you" email & still have not heard back. It was like they would only talk to you if they think you could be of use to them. Once they realized I wasn't, I immediately wasn't even worth a quick email telling me the status of my application. This was especially frustrating because the people I had given the Sales Pitch to specifically told me someone would reach out to tell me the status of my application.

I also thought the structure of how the Sales Pitch was graded wasn't entirely fair. I was criticized because the questions I asked weren't "specific enough". This is something that could have EASILY been corrected if this had been outlined more clearly in the guideline. The prompt for the Sales Pitch stated to ask questions, but it didn't outline how important it was to make your questions very specific. I made a point of asking many questions during the Sales Pitch. This was also an ENTRY LEVEL position, where you can easily be taught this. To be critiqued on something so harshly when I could've easily prevented this if they just made this more clear was really unfair in my opinion.

I had a high level of respect for Glassdoor & really high hopes of contributing as a team member. Because of the way I was treated during the interview process, I've lost that respect.

Interview Questions

• What is something you feel very passionate about? Name a time that you had to convince someone of this belief?

Why are you interested in Sales?

Name a very difficult experience for you & how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months total, which was surprising, but I had an incredible experience. I had a phone screening with my recruiter, a phone screening with my manager, a mock pitch presentation with 3 managers, and then finally an in person interview with 3 managers at the Mill Valley location. That totals 4 interviews over the course of 2 months.

The true shining star of my interview process was my recruiter, Kate. She was, by far, the best recruiter I've ever worked with. She was warm, friendly, and extremely helpful throughout the entire experience. We ended up communicating through text, and she was always immediately available when I had a question. She was always willing to schedule a call with me during her off hours (we were on two different time zones). A day before every interview, she made sure we had a prep call to prepare. 5 minutes before every interview, she would send me a "good luck" text to reassure me. I never felt like just another new hire she needed to hit her personal quota — I felt like she genuinely saw talent in me and was there to assist me throughout the entire experience. If you're reading this, Kate, thank you again for the help!

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself more of a hunter or a farmer, and why?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

I had the craziest and most amazing interview process with Glassdoor. I was about to leave town and had a pending offer from another company, so Glassdoor whisked me through the interview process in a few days, including weekend days. I spoke on the phone with a recruiter, then the manager, and then the director of the team. Each conversation was unique and added more insight as to the people and culture of Glassdoor. The discussion with the director was most like a formal interview but was still conversational and fun.

The final step was the Mock Sales Pitch, which was challenging but extremely rewarding! The team sent me a mock sales deck with Glassdoor information and guidelines for a scenario. This was the most fun and unique interview process I've ever been through. If you prepare a ton it pays off and sheds a lot of light on what you'll be doing in a sales growth role. If you don't enjoy the mock sales pitch you probably won't enjoy the job. Some of the other interview reviews spoke negatively about this final step in the interview process, saying it could be learned on the job. I have no prior sales experience but took the initiative to do a ton of research both about sales and with the Glassdoor-specific resources they provided and it paid off. It's not impossible, you just have to want it badly enough!

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2017 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

I’m glad to see the interview process went so well and am beaming with pride for our team. Thanks for interviewing with us and welcome to Glassdoor!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process happened in 5 stages - a phone screening with a recruiter, a phone conversation with a sales/hiring manager, a mock sales pitch, a skype interview and an on-site interview. The mock sales pitch was the most challenging part, but once you sat down and worked with the deck that they gave you it is actually a cool opportunity to see what you would actually be doing on the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one brand to represent who you are, what brand would it be?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.