Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Updated 4 Dec 2017

3.2

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

This was the most fun and interactive interview process I have ever been apart of. The whole point is to really get to know the candidate, which many companies lack nowadays. The interview consisted of 4 steps and the whole process took about 3 weeks. The first step is a brief phone screening with a recruiter - I had Linda who was an absolute gem to work with through out the entire interview process. The second step was a phone call with the hiring manager - Come with a reason why you are leaving your current position and why you would be a good fit for GD. The third, and in my opinion, the most difficult part of the interview process, was the product pitch. GD provides you with all of the necessary tools to be successful - Be sure to practice, practice, practice! The fourth and final step was an in person meeting with sales managers/directions. This portion was surprisingly pleasant and conversational - Not nearly as intense as most interviews. I heard back the same day and am ecstatic that GD has welcomed me into their family!

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, which one would you be?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to tell someone something they did not want to hear   Answer Question
    • What are 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses you have?   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

28 Nov 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Welcome to the Glassdoor family! And thank you for taking the time to give us some positive feedback! If you're happy, we're happy :) Carmel

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The process was intensive and definitely challenging at times. I felt that the various interviewers I spoke to were honest and thoughtful in their questions and feedback. By the completion of the final interview I left with the feeling that they diligently explored me as a candidate, and I was able to reach a deep knowledge of Glassdoor as an Employer. Overall, a very thoughtful experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult step in the sales process, and why?   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

28 Nov 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thanks so much for the review. We try really hard to provide a great candidate experience every time. We're glad to hear that while you did feel some intensity and challenge, it was balanced with... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

1st - call with recruiter
    2nd - call with SMD Manager
    3rd- Live pitch of product
    4th - on site / interview with Managers of SMB and VP of Sales

Very straightforward process. Recruiter (Bree) was very helpful in setting expectations and helping prepare for all aspects of interview especially presentation.

Interview will be tough if you only have SDR background. If you have AE experience, process will be straightforward and your background in pitching will help.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why sales?
      2. Why Glassdoor?
      3. What motivates you?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter from USA, everything went smoothly, they going to build a small team in Dublin, most the questions are sales related, team work and why with glassdoor

Interview Questions

• When you realise you interested in sales?   3 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiting manager, who asked detailed questions. Next, a phone screen scheduled for 30 minutes with a hiring manager who was 15 minutes late. The call seemed totally irrelevant - he said at the beginning it was just to make sure "we're on the same page" and set up a presentation.

During the mock presentation, I was given materials to prepare and mastered the scripts and materials they asked of me and added some of my own styling. Despite having a very successful track record in sales, the role players went out of their way to be disengaged and unexcited during the presentation, and afterward gave feedback that I should have asked "what they enjoy most about working at their company" and "didn't ask open-ended enough questions" that were "yes or no" despite none of the questions I prepared could have been answered with a yes or no and were more to dive into their strategies for recruiting and branding.

They were on their computers the whole time and only reconnected during the interview to look up every now and again.

I was also told some of the language I used was the most "softball/layup sales language" imaginable despite the fact and they overlooked all other positives of the presentation.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewed once over the phone during an initial phone screening and made it to the second round for an in person interview in the Chicago office with 2 Sales Managers and a current Sales Rep.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you were a leader?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in October 2017.

Interview

Live remotely- so the process looked a little different for me. Phone screen, phone interview with SDR Manager, skype interview with SDR manager and SDR team member, final presentation.

Senior Manager, Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Step 1: Technical recruiter outreached on LinkedIn, which led to a 30 mins call.

Step 2: I was supposed to have a call scheduled with the recruiting manager - Senior Director of Decision Science. However, since he was not available at the time, I had a call scheduled with his manager, VP of Business Operations and Analytics, within one week.

Step 3: Data Challenge - a 48 hours deadline assignment.

Step 4: On site interviews (about 45 mins each)
    Step 4.1: Interview with a panel of three data scientists.
    Step 4.2. Interview with VP of product, who also has a very strong analytics and data science background.
    Step 4.3. Interview with analytics lead.
    Step 4.4. Presenting the data challenge assignment to the VP of Operations and Analytics.
    Step 4.5. Interview with the recruiting manager.

Interview Questions

• Step 1: The call was mostly about my background, skills, and opportunities available at Glassdoor.

Step 2: The first half of the call was a brief overview on my latest positions, scope and achievements. The second half was a case question.

Step 3: A true case from Glassdoor's history.

Step 4.1: First half of the interview was about my background, management philosophy and practice. Second half was about a case.
      Step 4.2: First half was about my background and partnerships. Second half was about a case.
      Step 4.3: First half was about my background, management experience and practice. Second half was about a case.
      Step 4.4: Challenges and questions regarding my insights and their interpretation.
      Step 4.5: First half was about my background, second half was about a case, probability question and interview puzzle.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process started with a short 15 minute phone screen with the recruiter, after which I was invited to a ~45 minute video interview with the Hiring Manager. I was then brought into the office to present a 45 minute sales pitch to a prospective client which was role-played by the two hiring managers and the Sales Director. That was followed by a ~45 minute video call with the other Hiring Manager, and more of the same with the Sales Director. I was then invited into the office again to meet the team, and was given an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, then 2 phone screens with directors on the team (case-based), then a take-home case assignment, then a full day of onsite interviews.

This was one of the more rigorous interview processes I went through during my MBA recruiting process, but it gave me a good understanding of what the day-to-day work would actually involve. Everybody I spoke to seemed both really smart and really passionate about their work, and it was ultimately those conversations that led me to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to manage a project with many cross-functional stakeholders.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.