Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Senior Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

Rigorous process and positive experience. Recruiter screen, phone interview with case + behavioral questions, excel/PPT homework assignment, then an on-site with three cases and an additional behavioral experience. While the process was time intensive, in my experience, it was on par with the level of investment required for BizOps roles at other tech companies. I appreciated how the process enabled me to meet various people at different levels across the team, which helped me assess whether the team and role would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an ambiguous problem   2 Answers

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

2 phones, 1 case study, 1 virtual (onsite)

From a process standpoint, it was timely and smooth except for a small hiccup during virtual interview when last interviewer did not show; however, it was a touch-base with recruiter and we ended up immediately connecting via email/phone instead so promptly resolved.

Case study was a sales analysis although role was cost focused.

Interview was average although schedule was unclear and I had to give an impromptu presentation on the case study, so I was really surprised and unprepared, unfortunately. I'd definitely suggest clearer communication related to schedule.

In terms of the folks who I interacted with, everyone I spoke to was pleasant until the last interviewer, who also happened to be the overarching leader of the entire team. Sadly he just did not make a good impression on me. He seemed annoyed having to speak with me and disinterested during the interview, which completely killed any excitement I had about the possibility of joining the team and Glassdoor. I honestly don't know if this was a tactical approach or if I rubbed him wrongly from the get-go, but either way it's not a positive image and selling point nor a good way to promote yourself or the team dynamic, especially coming from a leadership position who I personally look to as examples and mentors. This interaction ultimately led me to immediately remove my candidacy from the interview process, sadly, but I hope sharing my experience can help future candidates better prepare for what to expect so to brace themselves.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor? What makes you better over other candidates?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, case study, and a virtual onsite.

Interviews process took about 3 weeks. First two calls were about my background and previous projects. The case study was a broad analysis of the business with a data set. Virtual onsite was smooth and we debriefed the case study.

The recruiter was readily available for questions and was extremely helpful. She was transparent throughout the process which is incredible during such unknown times. The team members were awesome to speak with and every conversation felt unique.

Unfortunately I did not get the offer due to my experience level. I wish I knew this before spending 2 days working on a case study, preparing, and interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe something automotive or innovate that you have done?   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Total of three interviews, one with my recruiter and two with the design team. Most positive aspect was the communication. My recruiter set up regular calls to check in with me. The team was friendly and open throughout the entire process. My recruiter was particularly informative and transparent in a time of uncertainty. It made me that much more excited and confident in joining Glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my portfolio projects and past experiences. Some behavioral questions mixed in as well.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Test followed by a screening and onsite in HQ. Worked with a great HR and she was helpful throughout the process. Overall it was an average experience and too many onsite rounds.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I received the email about the first round. The first round is easy, just 15 mins. The recruiter ask some basic question. Also she asked me if I can accept relocation. But finally I got a no- reply rejection.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can get from Glassdoor if you can be one member of Glassdoor.   Answer Question

Advertising Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The process was very smooth and seamless. Each internal employee that I spoke with was incredibly transparent and consistent with regards to their culture and work-life balance and I was never left guessing along the way.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you required coaching and feedback for improvement and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor in February 2020.

Interview

They sent an online assignment with queries that can be done in any language and a couple of questions on why you want to be a SE. The coding questions were fairly easy and basic level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a data engineer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Interview Process started with a recruiter call followed by a phone screen by Karat. Next step is an onsite interview for 5.5 hours. I interviewers were very nice and pleasant. Overall process is very organized.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are technical in nature, mostly related to the tools and technologies I used. Couple of coding questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2020.

Interview

Karat interview and then call for onsite. Onsite interview never materialized as they deliberately kept postponing . Then they converted onsite interview to virtual interview and then 2 days before the interview sent a mail that position was filled. Meaning all along they were waiting someone to accept the offer while wasting other candidates time. Would not consider this company again.

Learning's from this: Ask the recruiter how many other candidates they are interviewing and get to know the stage they are in. (What applies to candidates holds good for companies as well). This is one interview where I wish I had failed in phone screening itself !

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.