Found 33,693 of over 48K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Google
Googlers & Xooglers
18 days ago
Once you’ve left Google is is hard to get back in, even if you leave on great terms and good ratings? We are considering moving overseas for my husbands’ great new job opportunity. I can’t see any roles appearing in that market in my org (and aren’t expecting them for a while with all the GBO LCS/GCS reorgs,etc). I’m considering leaving and taking another job but before I do that, I’d like to know how hard it is to get back in if I wanted to reapply one day.
23 days ago
Hello, I am Senior Account Manager at Google in EMEA with 6+ years of experience in FinTech with Art backgrounnd. TC $120K+ . Looking for a referrals to Apple, Revolut, Amazon, Netflix and Microsoft. Comment below or DM me please, thanks! Netflix Revolut Amazon Microsoft Apple
Got a burning question about Google? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Google employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and almost always assume the best of you; I never had bad interactions or felt the need to 'prove myself'." (in 3112 reviews)
- "great benefits and I do believe they build some of the best products out there." (in 2318 reviews)
- "Great environment and culture for each individual to proactively dive into what ever they are working on." (in 1807 reviews)
- "In those positions you can have a good work/life balance and just use all the benefits" (in 1566 reviews)
- "Would recommend Software Engineering/Development/PM at Google if you want a nice comfy job with perks and good pay." (in 1303 reviews)
- "Long hours and your time put into a position where you may not even advance." (in 565 reviews)
- "bad management and rude to customers" (in 511 reviews)
- "People are forced out by bad managers via bad annual reviews and PIP program to get there friends in there." (in 427 reviews)
- "Much work to do and stress" (in 196 reviews)
- "recent layoffs and company culure" (in 185 reviews)
- 5.019 Oct 2023Software Engineer AIMLFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Cutting-Edge Technology: Google is at the forefront of technological innovation. Working here means you're constantly exposed to the latest tech or research idea. Especially in the ML team, we had the occasion to chat about the latest conference highlights and the accidental encounter at the coffee machine often sparked exciting ideas about new experiments. Incredible Perks: The benefits are unbeatable. From free gourmet food to massages and fitness classes, Well, until 2022. Smart and Inspiring Colleagues. Career Growth Opportunities: Google offers numerous avenues for career development, whether you want to climb the corporate ladder or move laterally into different roles. Work-Life Balance.
Overly process driven: sometimes I feel that processes takes too much chunk of time for employees and hence we lose time in useless meetings and reviews where everyone is trying to look better at the eye of this or that manager. Whereas the tech you are using is usually "cool", in several instance you will find yourself debug something that some engineer made years ago and everyone who was involved with that task likely left the company already. This can be challenging as it slows you down a lot and you will have to through several layers of management to get the info or the approval for making some changes.1
- 4.027 Nov 2023Financial Service Representative (FSR)Current Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Extra time off Good pay & benefits Not as stressful or high pressure as other sales roles
Attitude of passing the buck instead of doing the work Lots of politics
Google Reviews FAQs
Google has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 48,402 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Google to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
86% of Google employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Google 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.