Ocado Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 464 reviews

3.5
Ocado Group CEO Tim Steiner
Tim Steiner
Pros
  • "Finish early still get paid to your due finish time, weekly pay(in 31 reviews)

• "Good pay, book holiday mostly when you want,(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Errors from equipment, routes are rough sometimes(in 24 reviews)

• "Can be expected to delivery 900kg of shopping per day, heavy drops in the City (beers, milk and bottles water)(in 21 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, competetive salaries, great place for people who are committed to work and are open for the new challenges. Lots of opportunities for progression within a company.

Cons

Hours of work - different challenges on different departments

Advice to Management

Keep up good work, stay close to your people

Ocado Group2019-10-01
  2. "Average"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good colleagues with decent management

Cons

- Slow uptake on technology

Ocado Group2019-10-11
  3. "Great Company, but physically demanding job."

Current Employee - CSTM Delivery Driver in Leeds, England

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company's policies, Technology, Benefits, Possibility of working 4x10hrs/week, promotion possibilities.

Cons

back-breaking job, too much weight to carry for one day, going to remote places where it's easy to damage a van, working in awful weather

Advice to Management

The management in Leeds is great. Always helpful and grateful for your contribution.

Ocado Group2019-10-07
  4. "Driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Hatfield, East of England, England

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Regular work, easy to do

Cons

Unsociable hours, but with planning you can work a family life in aroud it. Just have to accept you need to adapt

Ocado Group2019-09-24
  5. "CSTM Driver"

Current Employee - CSTM

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many company benefits, Easy to use and view your shifts.

Cons

When finished doing deliveries there is often a key as only one marshall checks the vehicle at a time while the others sit around.

Ocado Group2019-09-21
  6. "Driver"

Current Employee - CSTM Delivery Driver
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time

Pros

Great workings hours, good pay

Cons

Can be very taxing on the body

Ocado Group2019-09-18
  7. "awesome job"

Current Employee - CSTM Delivery Driver in Tamworth, England

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

overtime early finish get paid for 40 hours

Cons

none really top job for people

Ocado Group2019-09-14
  8. "General work life"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Knowsley, England

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

There isn’t any up to now

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do in helping

Ocado Group2019-09-11
  9. "10 hour turnaround"

Current Employee - CSTM Delivery Driver in Leeds, England

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

only 4 x 10hr shifts weekly

Cons

Where to start; 8 and 7.5 hr drivers literally do half as much work as you, yet get the same hourly rate £9.13 per hr as of April 2019. You will get worked to the bone, typically 35 deliveries, of 1.75tonnes of shopping and 150 driven miles in a 10 hr shift. Sounds all right but average mph is around 25mph and you will be expected to deliver around 50 kilos of shopping in approx 4mins. If just 4 customers complain... that 'you looked hurried', 'you looked stressed' or 'unhappy', you WILL get put on the disciplinary process. You could be asked 'Why didn't you call a customer on drop 3, 6 months ago on Tues 7th March?' Ask for more details like the customers Tel no. so you can check your call history and you're told 'I don't have that info, data protection!' Either way, you're on a disciplinary. If a customer complains, they usually get between £5-£20 in goodwill gestures from Customer Services. This incentivises a certain kind of person to complain, yet if you get 4 complaints, and you will, you're on a disciplinary. I've had customers throw empty carrier bags at me and slam the door, been sworn at numerous times, insulted and been physically threatened on more than one occasion, yet I'm still expected to be subservient and utterly polite and return to their houses to effect further deliveries or I'll be on a disciplinary. Promotion, lol, forget it! Be under no illusion, Ocado is NOT a meritocracy. If your face fits, if your pally with a Team Manager (TM) or your in the 'smokers' gang then you've got an outside chance. If your educated, capable, polite, show promise and a willingness to learn, the petty-minded TM's will ridicule you. I have yet to receive any documentation from a TM that hasn't been littered with grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and other indicators of a poor level of education, there is one in our depot that can barely read aloud, yet it is their wont to talk down to and patronise CSTM's. It is a requirement that, should you be asked, you take the shopping into the customer's house. If you injure yourself whilst there, that's down to you. You will not be paid while the injury is mending, aside from SSP, and you will be pressured into returning to work early with very regular calls from the TM's. All in all, this is a terrible place to work if you wish to retain any dignity or pride in yourself or your work.

Advice to Management

Hold an introspection workshop, 1st item - Why did 5 of the 6 people on my intake resign within 3mths? Fed up of feeding info to TM's on how to improve. They make no notes, they feed back nothing. As I was told, there's a thousand people that would walk into your job tomorrow. If you don't like it *******! Just handed in my resignation.

Ocado Group2019-09-24
  10. "its good"

Current Employee - Engineering Technician

I have been working at Ocado Group full-time

Pros

Nice shift pattern, interesting work most of the time

Cons

Can get repetitive, not everyone haas the same attitude towards the work

Advice to Management

work on the weaker members

Ocado Group2019-08-26