Ocado Technology Reviews

Found 280 of over 303 reviews

4.2
Ocado Technology CEO James Matthews
James Matthews
Pros
  • "Cutting edge technology and fun people(in 14 reviews)

• "Very relaxed working environment(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There aren't enough parking spots at the head-office in Hatfield for the size of the building(in 9 reviews)

• "No bonuses, no work from home policy, anachronistic management in Ocado Group which affects Ocado Tech as well(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

183 Comments

Tech

36.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Ocado Technology~995887
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Probably the best company to work for during the 2020s

Nov 9, 2020 - Software Engineering Team Lead in Sofia
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Great culture - "There are no dumb questions", "Everyone makes mistakes", "Make it work, then make it pretty", "Challenges are well accepted" * Visible Impact from the work that you're doing - On many of the projects the CEO and other high-level management are recognising the work that you're doing. * Great people work here - passionate and motivated to achieve great results!

Cons

* I can't think of cons at the moment.

7 people found this review helpful

Communications Associate

What a great review! We're incredibly pleased to see employees loving their work. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Nice people

Oct 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a nice culture with good people, freedom to express yourself and champion ideas.

Cons

Always lots to do, which is both good and bad.

3. 5.0

Fast moving and Dynamic work place to Learn

Oct 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wide range of technologies and complex problems to solve

Cons

not great Stock Options when compared to US Tech Giants or start-ups

Communications Associate

Thanks for leaving a review! We're pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Ocado Technology and find the work interesting.

4. 5.0

Great culture

Oct 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teams are given the autonomy to find the best solution.

Cons

Fast growth leads to reorganisations

Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear that you enjoy the culture at Ocado Technology.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fair employer

Oct 6, 2021 - Computer Programmer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team and nice offices

Cons

Lower pay compared to industry averages. Not very meritocratic

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Associate

Thanks for leaving a review! We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with your team at Ocado Technology. Regarding your comment about salaries, we would like to reassure you that we put a lot of effort into our total packages are competitive for each region that we operate in. Thanks again!

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

good atmosphere, bad salary

Sep 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

people are nice and positive

Cons

salaries are very low, bad promotion system too

2 people found this review helpful

Communications Associate

Thanks for leaving a review! It's great to hear that you enjoy the atmosphere and working environment. Regarding your comment about salaries, we would like to reassure you that we put a lot of effort into our total packages are competitive for each region that we operate in. Thanks again!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fine

Sep 27, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Possible to move around a bit

Cons

Salary not too great, can feel like a small cog

2 people found this review helpful

Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Regarding your comment about salaries, we would like to reassure you that we put a lot of effort into our total packages are competitive for each region that we operate in. Thanks again!

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Came unstuck when trying to progress

Sep 22, 2021 - Project Support in Hatfield, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Really exciting company with cutting edge technology - Your work makes a real impact and company are open to suggestions on improvements. - Open, relaxed and inclusive environment. - Were going through a transformation when I left and are trying to do the right thing culturally.

Cons

-40 hour working week as standard but your salary does not reflect this, and since leaving I know this is not the norm. - Was put through 4 interviews for internal job and not given any feedback for months. Very unprofessional.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Associate

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed the work and culture at Ocado Technology. On your comment about internal recruitment, we have worked hard over the last year to enhance our processes and our data shows this is having a significant impact across the organisation but we appreciate there is still work to be done in this space. Thanks again for your review!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very interesting work and my voice makes an impact

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The work is interesting and varied, there are constantly new twists and turns and Ocado never stops being open to change itself to keep getting better - People's voices are heard and taken seriously regardless of role title - if you can make a good point clearly, people will act on it and you'll be recognised too - The culture is relaxed (even though the pace isn't always!) and doesn't blame people so you don't need to be fearful, there's room to be creative and take initiative when you see things to improve - The change is constant - I like it but not everyone does!

Cons

- The change is constant - I like it but not everyone does!

Communications Associate

Thanks for leaving a review! We're really pleased to hear that you're enjoying your role and the culture at Ocado Technology.

10. 5.0

A good place to work !

Aug 24, 2021 - Team Lead in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ocado values Diversity Career opportunities

Cons

Benefits could be improved No bonus Better salary benchmarking required

Communications Associate

Thanks for your review! We're so pleased to hear that you're enjoying working at Ocado Technology. Regarding your comment about salaries and benefits, we would like to reassure you that we put a lot of effort into ensuring our total packages are competitive for each region that we operate in. Thanks again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 280 Reviews