Perlego Reviews

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent place to work, everyone is extremely talented

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent place to work, everyone is extremely talented

Cons

Genuinely, I can't think of one

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, Great Culture but a bit to much of a dependency on the CEO/Founder

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A beautiful workspace, Perlego really invests in its people. Very interesting, driven and passionate people. Great mission and I love that Perlego is making education affordable. Strong CEO and some very good VP's. Work hard play hard culture.

Cons

Perlego is far too dependent on the CEO/Founder for culture. For example the CEO was not there for an all hands a few months ago and the team felt lost and so was the company wide presentation. This worries me as the company is very dependent on this person. I think they should be more generous on equity packages it feels a bit too much for the people who have been around. I am not sure if the CTO is the right person to take the company to the next level. He is very nice but sometimes can be a blocker for our work.

3. The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

9m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,842

955 Comments

Teachers

27.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Perlego~2343767
    Join the conversation on
  4. 5.0

Great company

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company culture - Flexible working

Cons

- Over engineering - KPI focused

5. 5.0

Great culture

Aug 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork is a real thing at Perlego. We have a great culture and everyone is always looking to help others improve and that is how we all learn and grow.

Cons

No cons right now, I am really enjoying my time at Perlego.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Purpose driven. Great culture and people

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Smart people committed to the purpose - Everyone really welcoming - Great approach to hybrid working and a beautiful office - Approachable leadership team - Lots of autonomy at all levels - Room to grow and develop - Open and transparent communication - Leadership team committed to personal growth - First company I’ve ever worked at where everyone takes a lunch break (and it’s encouraged!) and when in the office everyone sits together for an hour which makes for a great vibe

Cons

- Only cons I’d say are the normal growing pains you’d expect in a scaling business. That said, this also leaves even more room for learning and personal growth.

7. 5.0

A Great Company to work with

Aug 17, 2021 - Software Developer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Positive Vibed company - Transparent Company - People are always willing to help - Plenty of social events - Great Diversity - Management is open to new ideas - Some areas of the company are still improving their processes - great to see plenty of ideas and improvements being made to the process

Cons

- Onboarding process can still be improved for starters - Some areas of the company are still improving their processes - there can be a lot of change happening quite early on

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work at and improve

Aug 12, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is very much mission driven - you get a lot of satisfaction working in this sector. Great colleagues, transparency at every level and opportunities for growth are all there too.

Cons

It can get intense! It's the nature of a startup, having to work harder than established companies, but worth keeping in mind.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company, brilliant and wonderful people, remote friendly

Jul 27, 2021 - Devops Engineer in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

From the interview process, I could express and was accepted for 100% of who I am. The team and company culture is committed and inspired to see people grow and thrive. I am remote, and have felt fully included from Day 1. I am also switching from a different field, and have had continuous support and autonomy at the same time. Leadership and team leads are committed to being of service to others, meeting them where they are, honouring their unique skills and aspirations, while aligning these with company goals, and doing this with authenticity, compassion and transparency.

Cons

I wish I found Perlego years ago.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Value, great mission and above all great team, and team culture

May 10, 2021 - Senior Product Designer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well my headlines says it all. But yes truly great company to be working for. But as mention what makes really the difference is the team and the team culture. Everyone here is amazing and a true pleasure to work with.

Cons

Salaries are not the most competitive yet, but still good enough.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent company, with a great culture and even better perks.

Mar 29, 2021 - Business Development Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great dynamic team Lots of benefits including flexible hours, working and office. CEO that takes an interest in all people, very available. Really nice culture with people who are very fun, friendly and open. A mission driven company

Cons

Pressure to perform, its seems like Perlego does not have space for people who do not have a hardworking attitude. Content dependent, stil missing one or two publishers such as Oxford University Press, this has a negative effect on sales. Not clear split in terms of roles.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews