Randstad Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.3
Randstad CEO Mark Bull
Mark Bull

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is the best I have ever experienced" (in 75 reviews)

• "They are a great company to work for" (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be a little off sometimes" (in 51 reviews)

• "no work/life balance -> always on the clock" (in 19 reviews)

"Best company I've ever worked"

Former Employee - Site Lead in Bristol, England
    Former Employee - Site Lead in Bristol, England

I worked at Randstad (Less than a year)

Pros

-competent management
    -good company culture
    -good training and development
    -no on call in Randstad Inhouse Services
    -you are never feel that you are left alone in case of problems

Cons

-the salary little bit lower than a competition

Advice to Management

Keep good work lads

2. "Delivery Recruitment Consultant Randstad UK"

Former Employee - Delivery Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Delivery Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Randstad full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice working environment with most staff.

Cons

Some bullying from one member of senior management which has led to a lot of leavers on that team.

Randstad Response

10 Dec 2018 – HR Director

Thanks for the review, and sorry to hear that you believe one of the senior managers is not acting appropriately - I would love to hear more about this so we can investigate further - bullying or any... More

3. "Good Changes"

Former Employee - Sales in Luton, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Sales in Luton, East of England, England

I worked at Randstad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team ethic is good for development

Cons

None, good working team and management

4. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Randstad (Less than a year)

Pros

My role here at Randstad has been a very different one compared to where I used to work, its a very friendly environment, I feel they really invest in you as a person and part of the team and the induction training and further ongoing training given is the best you can get. The team I work on have no ego's which I love and it works so well, everyone is helpful and you have other departments who are there to support you. Its a great place to work and have been so accommodating for a working mum, I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. I am looking forward to completing my recruitment qualification which Randstad have funded and I think is fundamental for our role.

Cons

I cant think of a bad thing to say.

Advice to Management

Management are fantastic and I look forward to progressing my career here at Randstad.

5. "Vibrant Company"

Former Employee - Bedfordshire in Whiteley, England
    Former Employee - Bedfordshire in Whiteley, England

I worked at Randstad part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team I worked in at CPE Head Office was friendly and positive and all worked hard towards common goals.
    I appreciated the flexibility offered in terms of working hours.
    There are opportunities to excel and grow.
    The Directors are approachable and personable.

Cons

I have no negatives about working at Randstad CPE

Advice to Management

n/a

6. "Great place to work, Great environment to be in...."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Randstad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Randstad for the past 12 months and I have grown a lot in recruitment. They provide amazing training and ongoing support all the way through your career history. The annual conference is amazing and everyone has a chance to relax and be themselves without any judgement. They are an LGBTQ employer and I feel very comfortable in this enrolment when at work. Everyone knows who you are from Consuktant to MD Level. They give you a friendly feel and vibe and opportunities to move into different sectors of the business.

Cons

None that I can think of as for a corporate company they are one of the best.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Where do I even begin"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Randstad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good induction process
    Strong brand
    Well known in their markets
    I actually liked the CEO. On the face of it, he appeared to be quite genuine. However, like with the rest of the SLT, it could be a facade. Benefit of the doubt to Mark Bull though.

Cons

SLT is poor, make terrible decisions and they are trigger happy when letting staff go. They make decisions with the 'fit in or f*ck off'mentality. They're ruthless. They have absolutely zero interest in you as a person or your career. Decisions on your path and career are made based on what they want, not what you do - you are a number and if you don't make them enough money, you will be a former number.

Expect an awful lot from their consultants in terms of KPIs and admin

Tight - we had to fund our own office Christmas and summer parties

Do not pay anywhere near market rates for salaries

Will sack you if you don't fit in or not doing as well as they want with little or no notice or warning. If you are under two years service, they just tell you to get out basically. HR have processes to follow but the management team don't do it.

They have a feedback system for staff, I put on there that I was unhappy and my manager's manager replied after 3 weeks and said 'is this sorted now? Let me know if not', tick box exercise basically, they don't actually care about you. They do it to give them insight into the billing teams and whether they have anything to be concerned about with regards to money coming in. But they dress it up as though they care about you - don't be fooled.

Regional directors are unable to push back to ops directors so they end up agreeing to unrealistic and stupid targets and budgets

I had two 1:1s in the past year, one I asked for and the other was in a beer garden on a Friday afternoon. But according to HR, I was well aware that they weren't happy with my performance and it needed improving. Well memo to HR, my manager told me absolutely nothing about my performance. And even better still, everyone in my team knows it's a lie that I was told in 1:1s because they know I never had them!

But by far, the worst thing about Randstad is that there was zero appreciation of what I did. I worked my bum off for them and gave everything I had working early, working late, I even worked on my laptop once whilst I was throwing up at home, just so I didn't let them down. So if my performance wasn't up to scratch, how about telling me that and supporting me to improve?Rather than just showing me the door because I was under two years service.

If you decide to take a much lower than market rate salary and join Randstad, be careful, at some point in the next two years you might have the rug pulled out from under your feet and then have your team told a pack of lies that you knew it was coming.

Advice to Management

There is nothing I could say that would help as they won't listen or change and aren't interested in being a good place to work. They are hard, old school recruiters who don't give a monkey's about individuals, no matter how much they tell the world that they do. All they care about is how much money you bring through the door. If it doesn't match up to what they want, you're out. Doesn't matter how hard you work or effort you put in.

Randstad Response

10 Dec 2018 – HR Director

Thanks for the review, and sorry to hear you've not had a great experience with us. This certainly isn't the experience the vast majority of employees have which is shown by our other Glassdoor... More

8. "Randstad Student Support Account Specialist"

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Manchester, England

I have been working at Randstad full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Team
    Free CertRP qualification
    Lots of opportunities to improve skills
    Free training
    Good salary
    Excellent Benefits

Cons

During my time at Randstad I am yet to encounter any cons

9. "Passed Probation!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Randstad full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been supported every single day since starting here in January. I have been on countless training days, which I would rate second to none and I am over half way through my recruitment qualification. I feel I have grown more in just a few months here at Randstad that I have during my whole recruitment career and I am delighted that I have just passed my probation and I'm able to continue working with Randstad and start to progress to the ranks.

Cons

There isn't any cons to working at Randstad.

10. "BDE City of London Randstad Review"

Current Employee - BDE in London, England
    Current Employee - BDE in London, England

I have been working at Randstad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big company, awesome clients, the best colleagues, fantastic managers and directors, room to progress

Cons

Not necessarily moving with the times, hours are long, work/life balance does suffer

Advice to Management

Culture is key, make sure employees are happy