Redfin Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman
Glenn Kelman
Pros
Cons
  • "The agent roles do not have a great work-life balance, but they are working on finding ways to fix it(in 63 reviews)

• "Some agents are looking down on associate agents to the point of being ridiculous(in 34 reviews)

"Values driven company"

Current Employee - Listing Agent

I have been working at Redfin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong moral compass. How can we better help our consumers. Always exploring ways to better ourselves and thus better serving our consumers buy and sell. Start-up vibe. Allowed to try new things and voice ideas. Very accepting company. Work hard, play hard. Good benefits.

Cons

Takes some time to get up and running (making money). Takes time and patience to learn the Redfin way and how to work with the systems in place. Really need to do a lot of volume (deals) to make money and they have to be high quality so you receive a good service or else it could take away from what you make. Quanitity + Quality = high stress

Advice to Management

Be better at advocating for your agents. Reward agents who are following the Redfin values, systems and closing deals.

Redfin2019-10-21
  2. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - Senior Agent

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, great values!

Cons

Your manager can make or break the experience

Redfin2019-11-05

"Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Support in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced company dedicated to great customer experience. Focused on employee empowerment and growth. Transparent and growing. Many opportunities to grow or relocate. Amazing and inspiring leadership. Amazing benefits and perks

Cons

Fast pace means a lot of changes that can feel clunky but things always do work out.

Redfin2019-11-01
  4. "Valued Employee"

Current Employee - Tour Coordinator in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Valued, Opportunity to grow, Free to be yourself, flexible management, great team environment

Cons

Some people really take advantage of the relaxed environment with minimal repercussions.

Redfin2019-11-03

"Lead Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Non-traditional agency, the future of real estate.

Cons

Client overload and not all clients wish to close with us, which is agent specific. Tour coordinators like to setup tours without contacting listing agents who list Supra. Pay could be better, even if not tiered in silver/gold/presidents.

Advice to Management

Limit client UI self-select tour hours for markets that are attended-show or for homes that are tenant occupied. Have tour coordinators better relay the info to set expectations. Establish who follows-up with external agents after tours: the AA, the coordinator, or the lead agent.

Redfin2019-10-27
  6. "Mess at HQ"

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food, new office, nice people

Cons

Redfin seems to take great care of their agents but if you work in any sort of business operations job the experience is less than ideal.

Redfin2019-11-11

"They are bleeding money so promotions and wages are dismal."

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than a year

Pros

A loving culture who wants to do the right thing for the customer.

Cons

They are not profitable and thus there is no money for merit increases or funds available for talent. They are losing top agents all the time and they are being replaced with average to below-averagew agents dependent on leads.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about what you are really trying to do. Do you want to be the best brokerage available to the consumer while also saving them money? If that is true then start focusing on rewarding your talent and keeping your sales force happy since they are the ones bringing in all your revenue and sales. You talk about being scrappy and conservative with the money earned, but there is so much waste in high-end... office leases and materials. Let's work on being profitable and hiring talent that brings profitability and stop wasting it on positions that are not needed if you would simply pay your agents more.

Redfin2019-10-29

"No work life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Agent

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are great. It's nice being on a collaborative team. The benefits are excellent.

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance when you're an agent. Redfin offers generous time off but it's impossible to take time off without drastically reducing your pay. Go on vacation and lose your pipeline and any existing client who may be writing offers. The guaranteed salary is laughable - it won't even pay basic rent. Pay is determined by client rankings but agents aren't allowed to let clients know that anything... under a 9/10 effects agent pay and promotion abilities. All clients get surveyed - even the ones that are unrealistic - making it nearly impossible to be firm with a difficult client for fear of survey retribution. It creates lots of unnecessary work. For years Redfin has acknowledged there's a work life balance issue but instead of working on the root of the issue - low base pay and survey stress - they keep throwing money at top producers, especially in the form of stock which needs to vest. This is essentially just a carrot being dangled in front of high performing agents to get them to stay somewhere with deep set issues.

Advice to Management

Revamp the surveys! As someone who has studied data science, I can say you need to give benchmarks in the surveys and let clients know what their ratings mean. Not all people view ratings the same way and they need guidance as to what they're actually saying with their numbers.

Redfin2019-10-15

"Ignore the haters, Redfin is awesome"

Current Employee - Associate Agent

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is amazing. If you put in work, you can make a lot of money. Flexible hours and great company culture. If you're a personable human being, this job will be easy.

Cons

The lack of respect the lead agents give us sometimes. Understandable, as we aren't the main agents to clients, but would still like to have the respect (we are just as licensed as they are!!!). This is partially Redfin's fault because they keep us separated .

Advice to Management

Please stop reducing the weekly pay!!!! For the AAs that work full-time, the 9-5 hours are extremely important to us!

Redfin2019-10-07

"Senior Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Redfin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health Benefits and Stock Options

Cons

If you are already even a moderately successful Realtor do not work here. I will have to sell 70 plus homes for Redfin to make what I would have made selling 12 homes for a traditional broker. Add in micro managing and it just doesn’t make sense unless you are a beginner looking to learn the industry.

Advice to Management

Fight for better pay for your agents. It’s clear corporate Redfin does not value their agents and views us as a dime a dozen.

Redfin2019-10-30