SAP Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

8,728 reviews

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work-life balance but that goes along with any exciting growth oriented company" (in 308 reviews)

• "Honestly no cons for this company" (in 214 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Working with Awesome!!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Maidenhead, England
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A community of like-minded talented people who bring their best-selves to work everyday with a daily mission to be better than we were yesterday. Always being made to feel valued, heard and part of something exciting! I'm definitely a lifer!

Cons

It's hard to think of any - the fact that I've gained a few stone since starting probably is the main one; lot's of socialising, lunch and learns and cakes generally being floated about has had a detrimental impact on my waistline!
    In all seriousness we work very hard, but play harder - working for SAP isn't a role you should enter into if you aren't an all or nothing person. It's not easy but it's worth it!!!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employee engagement/feedback surveys - these are highlighting things we can do better and always positive to see changes being made as a result.

4 Oct 2018 – Life at SAP Team

Thank you for your review and for the 5 stars! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying your time at SAP. We take all the feedback on Glassdoor seriously and has a direct impact on listening to our... More

2. "Presales"

Current Employee - Presales Consultant in Feltham, England
    Current Employee - Presales Consultant in Feltham, England

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

AE turnover high so Presales have to hand hold constantly

14 Feb 2019

Thanks so much for the great review. Always nice to see employees on here who have been with the company for as long as you have!

3. "executive"

I have been working at SAP full-time

Pros

a very purpose driven organisation

Cons

internal politics is killing the customer experience

6 Feb 2019

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback. We will share this with the team who is responsible for this topic.

4. "Outstanding Employer"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SAP UK provides it's employees with an incredible amount of autonomy to do their job well. There are some incredible resources available in the organisation which anyone can leverage to provide their customers with the best experience in the technology market.

Other pros include:

- very competitive comp & benefits
    - great work-life balance
    - friendly & diverse colleagues
    - great product set
    - possibility to work abroad

Cons

None really - very fortunate to work here

Advice to Management

It would be great to have one central London office for all the different lines of business to help with collaboration & team spirit. Keep doing what you are doing.

5. "SAP Fieldglass - IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at SAP full-time

Pros

Work-life balance it's very good in some periods. Remote working is offered to all the teams. There are many opportunities to move across the company in other roles/countries. Managers are always listening and they encourage us to speak if there's something wrong.

Cons

Work can be challenging and you are always on deadlines. Everything is managed via JIRA so you are basically a ticket machine. Team work is not supported much by managers, this causes a widespread individualism among employees with some teams having an unhealthy competitive behaviour (being IT, not sales, we shouldn't have that). The job is very demanding compared to other companies I've worked for and the almost-same salary I was getting. Job security will be challenging in 2019.

Advice to Management

Some teams are understaffed and it's risky to rely too much on seniors that might suddenly leave. The application is complex and huge, sometimes you should lower your expectations and provide more training.

6. "Customer Engagement Executive"

I worked at SAP full-time

Pros

Mobility and Career growth

Cons

Still a fairly silos organization

5 Feb 2019

Thank you for the review.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at SAP part-time

Pros

Interesting challenges
    Lots of freedom
    International teams

Cons

yearly changes in company strategy

"Has improved massively over the course of 5 years thanks to better leaders, glad I have stuck it out"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Feltham, England
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Feltham, England

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Brian Duffy (EMEA North President) & team have really swung the culture around, making it a way more people-focused organisation compared to previous management who frankly couldn't seem to care less about the happiness and well-being of employees
    - amazingly intelligent people, who are on the whole tenacious and very willing to succeed
    - a great corporate strategy including real differentiation in the product set
    - fast paced and high energy, always challenging
    - very social and interesting people to work with
    - lots of opportunity to network within and outside of the company
    - office politics has really reduced (thanks to much better management)
    - I have also moved teams in the past 6 months, and have been liberated and empowered by my current manager compared to my previous team and management
    - flexibility and opportunity - things at SAP tend to change very quickly which creates a lot of opportunity

Cons

- there are 3 types of sales management at SAP - a) the awesome rockstars who want to just help everyone and have a real "we're in this together attitude" who are demanding but bring passion and a sense of fun to the job b) the uninspiring "spreadsheet" managers who lack empathy, haven't worked in sales recently so have not walked in a mile in your shoes and don't think about how they can create opportunity for their team c) even worse than c, managers who are political, don't want you to go above them in anyway shape or form, are more about themselves and their gain than you, and have prejudices against you because you are not like them (this is particularly relevant as an early talent employee) - your success and experience at SAP is highly dependent on what manager you get , for 4 years I was in camp B and C but recently moved to camp A which has drastically improved my life at SAP.
    - office location of feltham - not ideal, and struggles to cultivate a social work culture where you can go out for lunch/drinks/dinner after work

Advice to Management

weed out the B and C managers and focus on developing more managers like type A - you will retain so many more amazing people. Over the years I have seen people with years of experience and customer relationships leave and this has been purely down to their lack of support in developing by their management.

9. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good benefit system, great offices

Cons

High workload, lots of inexperienced people

10. "Great forward-thinking place to work"

I have been working at SAP full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, inclusive. Impressive pension and benefits.

Cons

More investment required in social responsibility