SCC Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 398 reviews

3.3
SCC CEO James Rigby
James Rigby
Pros
  • "Good people, can do attitude, positive(in 21 reviews)

• "Paid on time but nothing more then thats(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "No pay rises, if you get an appraisal it’s always overdue and they start by telling you there is no money available for a pay rise(in 56 reviews)

• "No pay rises in the 3 years I was there(in 33 reviews)

1. "Work hard and get rewarded!"

Current Employee - Business Development in Livingston, Scotland

I have been working at SCC full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Commission plan - Cycle to work - Networking opportunities - Surrounded by experienced people to learn from

Cons

At the moment I've experience no cons of working at SCC.

SCC2019-03-05
  2. "Strong company with a passion for innovation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at SCC full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Company culture is fantastic - Salary & Benefits - Employees are friendly and foster a very warm and supportive environment - Ability to progress is encouraged by managers

Cons

- Politics of any large organisation - Outdated flexible working attitude in some aspects

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and refine the graduate scheme.

SCC2019-05-03
  3. "....."

I have been working at SCC full-time

Pros

People... mainly good and approachable

Cons

Benefits are awful, sick pay, sickness conditions (by the way I have not been off sick yet), pension, no rewards (bonus) holiday is low compared to elsewhere

Advice to Management

Improve benefits and people would stay at SCC

SCC2019-04-22

"Really poor"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at SCC full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Some of the staff and colleagues are great and try to help. Paid on time. Pay package not unreasonable.

Cons

SCC champions. Most HR reviews you can tell as this is a pro. The only people that get this are sales teams as they are deemed more important than other departments. Terrible holiday allowance. SCC you need to realise that 23 days rising to 25 after 5 years is not an incentive to join. HR are non existent, until it's in their favour. No 1-2-1s or PDR, which are required to drive pay discussions. Staff retention...

Advice to Management

Try and look after staff and customers. It would go a long way to steadying the ship. Actually invest in good people and sing about it.

SCC2019-05-09

"Tossed aside!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Birmingham, England

I worked at SCC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Generally the people at SCC are great Initial salary good Bonus good Ability to buy up to 5 days holiday Car allowance reasonable Free tea and coffee in the kitchen

Cons

No annual pay reviews No professional development Many, many changes in line management in a short space of time (6 different line managers in <3 years) Legal department producing customer contracts not worth the paper they are written on (or disk space they occupy)! Competitors were able to waltz in and take over a customer contract with little recourse. Little/no attempt to fill vacancies from within SCC. No...

Advice to Management

Focus on staff development, staff retention, building teams and not a collection of individuals. Make service contracts clearer and enforceable. Allow limited working from home where the job allows to improve work/life balance. Advertise internal vacancies more effectively as I have lost count the number of times vacancies appear on external job sites before even being aware there was a vacancy!

SCC2019-03-07
  6. "SCC Review"

Current Employee - Business Development in Livingston, Scotland

I have been working at SCC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great commission structure Supportive & friendly staff Recognition i.e. SCC Champions Overall great culture

Cons

Can't think of any cons

SCC2019-03-05

"Internal account manager"

I worked at SCC full-time

Pros

Some very kind and helpful people

Cons

Low salaries, no official guidance, support neither training. Not enough people for the amount of work, not nice work environment

Advice to Management

Be honest and support your employees

SCC2019-03-28
  8. "A solid business plan and friendly staff"

I have been working at SCC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Lots of very nice and friendly people. The business is solid and stable so job security is great. It's a really interesting place to work as the company has such a diverse portfolio. Lots of people to meet from offices across the UK. Pay is fair and competitive. SCC Champions competition is a great way of rewarding staff. More training on offer than any other company I've worked for. Great variety of courses run...

Cons

Traditional approach to flexi-time (pretty stringent by modern standards). Parking at HQ is rather terrible (not enough spaces), although we've been told this is soon to be rectified.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the business at the terrific rate you are! Keep an eye on the 'modernity' of the company with regards to employee benefits. Competitors are increasingly offering extra incentives to work for them and this is maybe an area SCC is lacking (for example the flexi-time approach).

SCC2019-02-19
  9. "Excellent Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I have been working at SCC full-time

Pros

The recruitment process was great, everything was set up for me when I arrived and a comprehensive on-boarding process was in place to help me settle in. Ever since everyone has been great, there's always support available and there are good opportunities to progress internally.

Cons

I haven't noticed any cons so far.

SCC2019-02-18
  10. "A great stable company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I have been working at SCC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

You are valued and rewarded well at SCC when you work hard. They look after their people investing in training and development and supporting people in their promotion ambitions or moving sideways across to other departments and roles. It is a fair and supportive company with many talented and innovative people to work alongside. It continues in its success, meaning a stable workplace for employees to benefit from.

Cons

The main HQ building is a bit tatty , however a refurb is planned ahead.

SCC2019-02-19