Teradata Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Teradata Reviews

Updated Dec 11, 2019

Teradata Executive Chairman, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer Victor Lund
Victor Lund
Pros
  • "Good work/life balance for many(in 225 reviews)

• "A friendly team and work environment that makes you happy to be at work, even when times are tough(in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes there is no work life balance(in 40 reviews)

• "We have lots of focus on Cloud, but it will be good if the existing can be advised about(in 36 reviews)

"Excellent CS Support Structure"

Current Employee - Change Control Manager in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-- CS support is the best compared to other companies. E.g I was told by one of te customer that they know that Oracle and IBM are better solution then Teradata for their environment but they would still prefer Teradata because Oracle and IBM can't meet Teradata CS response time and focus to fix the problem.

Cons

1) Remained disconnected with current IT Trends and Tools for a long time. 2) Teradata seems to be in panic mode after the advise from the consultants who advised us to rebuild our profile as Analytic Solution instead of Data WareHousing solution. 3) We are doing too many changes on every front, we struggle because of recent corporate network issues. Changes from KA to KCS to KB, specially KCS to KB change... is most problematic because it is hard to open KB article or find those in the Pathfinder search. 4) We have lot of focus on Vantage but we are dealing with the Install/Upgrade on adhoc basis and are struggling to have answers for the problems come during the install/upgrade. It will be much better if we can try to have a proper procedure for planning and implementation. 5) We have lots of focus on Cloud, but it will be good if the existing can be advised about Cloud trainings and procedures.

Advice to Management

The communication from Manager to the team has improved recently. It will be much better to have transparency and well informed for the upcoming activities.

Teradata2019-11-25

"You're just a number"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Teradata full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice London office but that's about it

Cons

Toxic and isolated work environment with poor middle management.

Advice to Management

Treat staff with respect and honesty

Teradata2019-11-01
  3. "19 years and counting"

Current Employee - CS implementation manager in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Teradata has and is changing. It's a dynamic exciting place to be. If you like a challenge there is always another one waiting just around the corner. Great people and a real sense of 'Family'

Cons

If you are technical it can be quite a steep learning curve. Obviously depending on your experience.

Teradata2019-10-14

"Horrendous Organisation - Clueless and Inept"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England

I worked at Teradata full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

While I worked at Teradata the things I valued most were were my colleagues. The pay was also good and also flexible working.

Cons

The cons list is pretty extensive but revolves around the knee-jerking of management. When moral is low - Yammer and a new communication tool is not the answer, its the leadership being honest, being visible.

Advice to Management

Honesty. Visibility.

Teradata2019-10-12

"Run as far as you can"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, well-educated colleagues, good office location, decent pay

Cons

Terrible communication - silos culture and no actual information sharing regardless of all the communication platforms Outdated, cumbersome processes that slow down execution Constantly changing GTM strategy - meant on a daily basis Terrible line management in EMEA - lots of self-importance and I rather than We approach The worst HR ever - unable to provide basic information No strategy or direction where the... Company's going

Advice to Management

Sell the Company, if you cannot run it.

Teradata2019-07-27

"Downward spiral continues"

Current Employee - Industry Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great people and software (or at least the idea)

Cons

too many middle managers back stabbing of them and general rolling redundancies, no belief your job is safe so people constantly looking for something new

Advice to Management

remove management, reorg product teams, improve quality - be clear about getting rid of people - we are aware its happening so dont think we dont know then we just generate rumours

Teradata2019-06-29

"Good benefits but not strong leadership and ageing company"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Teradata full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits (car allowance, travel compensation, competitive compensation...) Some smart and experience colleagues who have been in the industry for a while Company is trying to change its brand and manages to stay competitive

Cons

Leadership from US is too distant to regional teams which means that each region is micromanaged by local managers who don't always have good leadership skills. Average age of colleagues above 40, very small opportunities to grow within the company. The longer your tenure, the more opportunities you will have. Some older colleagues also think they know better and are often reluctant to change. The organisation is... constantly changing and there is therefore no clear leader and responsible person per team. PMs are only managing P&L and teams are let to themselves to manage day to day issues and responsibilities within the project.

Advice to Management

Apply more leadership from the US to regions. Define one model for GTM and stick to it. Responsibilities of each employee need to be clear and should not overlap. Recruit more junior people and create more diversity. Provide a more rewarding approach to careers for younger joiners (not having to wait 3 years to get to the next level).

Teradata2019-06-12

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - TA Lead EMEA in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work with career developments for employees that wish to progress with their career. Focus on employees development and support from immediate management is provided . Constructive feedback has been positive received by management that has helped the organisation to implement changes with a huge focus on attracting new Talent to join the organisation that will help to grow the company and focus on... the skill sets of the future

Cons

I my view there are none

Advice to Management

Great work environment that have implemented changes and provided opportunities for development & growth

Teradata2019-06-06

"Run as far away as possible!"

Current Employee - Lead Applications Architect in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None left after 2017. Pay was good.

Cons

Needs a whole book to explain

Advice to Management

Sell the company if you can't sell the technology.

Teradata2019-06-02

"Clunky Processes, lack of direction and culture that seems to encourage/celebrate bullying"

Former Employee - PS Partner in London, England

I worked at Teradata full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary is good, there are still some good people on the team.

Cons

Bullying Culture - is tolerated with no action taken against repeat offenders who are reported multi times to HR & Leadership. This culture is known both internally & is noticed externally also.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, there are still good individuals around with good ideas. Focus more on actions that actually drive business forward rather than process/admin for it's own sake. Strong Management is very different to bullying & aggression.

Teradata2019-05-17