Teradata Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 37 reviews

2.6
Teradata CEO Oliver Ratzesberger
Oliver Ratzesberger
Pros
  • "Good work/life balance for many(in 205 reviews)

• "A friendly team and work environment that makes you happy to be at work, even when times are tough(in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is improvable(in 33 reviews)

• "massive culture change as the company pivots to compete against Cloud/open source soultions; Management is only focused on the top 500 accounts(in 30 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - TA Lead EMEA in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work with career developments for employees that wish to progress with their career. Focus on employees development and support from immediate management is provided . Constructive feedback has been positive received by management that has helped the organisation to implement changes with a huge focus on attracting new Talent to join the organisation that will help to grow the company and focus on... the skill sets of the future

Cons

I my view there are none

Advice to Management

Great work environment that have implemented changes and provided opportunities for development & growth

Teradata2019-06-06

June 14, 2019Recruitment Marketing and Talent Community Manager

Thank for your thoughtful review. Happy to hear you enjoy and recommend Teradata as a place to work. We will continue to create opportunities for development and growth at all levels and in every location!

"Run as far as you can"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, well-educated colleagues, good office location, decent pay

Cons

Terrible communication - silos culture and no actual information sharing regardless of all the communication platforms Outdated, cumbersome processes that slow down execution Constantly changing GTM strategy - meant on a daily basis Terrible line management in EMEA - lots of self-importance and I rather than We approach The worst HR ever - unable to provide basic information No strategy or direction where the... Company's going

Advice to Management

Sell the Company, if you cannot run it.

Teradata2019-07-27

August 5, 2019Recruitment Marketing and Talent Community Manager

We're sorry your experience hasn't been better. Our leadership team and employees worldwide are incredibly active on our new communications platform, Yammer. If you haven't already, we encourage you to check out the information sharing on there and even suggest ways of improving it ...

"Downward spiral continues"

Current Employee - Industry Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great people and software (or at least the idea)

Cons

too many middle managers back stabbing of them and general rolling redundancies, no belief your job is safe so people constantly looking for something new

Advice to Management

remove management, reorg product teams, improve quality - be clear about getting rid of people - we are aware its happening so dont think we dont know then we just generate rumours

Teradata2019-06-29

"Good benefits but not strong leadership and ageing company"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Teradata full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits (car allowance, travel compensation, competitive compensation...) Some smart and experience colleagues who have been in the industry for a while Company is trying to change its brand and manages to stay competitive

Cons

Leadership from US is too distant to regional teams which means that each region is micromanaged by local managers who don't always have good leadership skills. Average age of colleagues above 40, very small opportunities to grow within the company. The longer your tenure, the more opportunities you will have. Some older colleagues also think they know better and are often reluctant to change. The organisation is... constantly changing and there is therefore no clear leader and responsible person per team. PMs are only managing P&L and teams are let to themselves to manage day to day issues and responsibilities within the project.

Advice to Management

Apply more leadership from the US to regions. Define one model for GTM and stick to it. Responsibilities of each employee need to be clear and should not overlap. Recruit more junior people and create more diversity. Provide a more rewarding approach to careers for younger joiners (not having to wait 3 years to get to the next level).

Teradata2019-06-12

June 17, 2019Recruitment Marketing and Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your review. Communication from leadership can always be improved, and we’ve already implemented a plan to make sure it’s top notch around the world. Today, Teradata has appointed Scott Brown as Chief Revenue Officer. He will direct our go-to-market strategy and execution, ...

"Run as far away as possible!"

Current Employee - Lead Applications Architect in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None left after 2017. Pay was good.

Cons

Needs a whole book to explain

Advice to Management

Sell the company if you can't sell the technology.

Teradata2019-06-02

June 18, 2019Recruitment Marketing and Talent Community Manager

We're sorry you feel negatively about your experience. We also appreciate the 10+ year tenure you've had with Teradata. Thank you for your review.

"Clunky Processes, lack of direction and culture that seems to encourage/celebrate bullying"

Former Employee - PS Partner in London, England

I worked at Teradata full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary is good, there are still some good people on the team.

Cons

Bullying Culture - is tolerated with no action taken against repeat offenders who are reported multi times to HR & Leadership. This culture is known both internally & is noticed externally also.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, there are still good individuals around with good ideas. Focus more on actions that actually drive business forward rather than process/admin for it's own sake. Strong Management is very different to bullying & aggression.

Teradata2019-05-17

"Career destroying destination"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None to think of at the moment

Cons

So many to list. This company is self destructing. Do not go work there as you will regret it. Other blogs highlight the layoffs happening globally. Search The Layoffs and look at the entries for Teradata. Many from current employees. Key point is that this company has no future.

Advice to Management

Retire and bring in real leaders

Teradata2019-03-15
  8. "Senior Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, good benefits, ok careers path

Cons

Not moving as fast as other companies in terms of adaptation and growth

Teradata2018-10-15

"Average company, in the positive sense"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in London, England

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance, nice benefits, good salary.

Cons

Senior management should retire and direct the ship in a different direction. They had an excellent card to play by acquiring a smaller DS oriented consultancy which they wasted, and with it loads of people left.

Teradata2018-08-21

"Lost company"

Former Employee - Client Services Director in London, England

I worked at Teradata full-time

Pros

Salary, compensation, seeing for the 1st time in my life how an organisation should not be run.

Cons

Everything except salary. Management, recruitment, resourcing, strategy.

Advice to Management

1.Be honest. 2. Your 'be the clients trusted advisor' message combined with your 'Tcore' message is not achievable and leaves employees in a compromising position in front of clients 3. Lay off the right people. 4. There are far too many skivers who have been employed and are still being retained. Yet layoffs of really good people. Madness.

Teradata2018-09-11