Thumbtack Reviews

Found 381 of over 420 reviews

4.0
Thumbtack CEO Marco Zappacosta
Marco Zappacosta
Pros
  • "A healthy work-life balance is also super important to me(in 42 reviews)

• "Amazing company, great benefits and great working environment(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I truly love working for Thumbtack(in 56 reviews)

• "growing pains, so 1:1 time with manager isn’t as frequent as it used to be(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Thumbtack

Join the conversation on

Tech

86.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Thumbtack~414078
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful company to work for!

Jul 27, 2021 - Advanced Support Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thumbtack is a great place to work, they care for their employees, they have a great culture, even working remote. I have worked here over four years, and plan to continue working many more. They have excellent benefits, they care about their employees mental health and work-life balance. They have many perks for their employees, especially after going full-remote. There are great opportunities for growth within the company, and you feel welcomed, and appreciated for your hard work.

Cons

I don't have cons to share. I truly love working for Thumbtack. I work hard, and I expect that I would work hard.

Continue reading

Social Media Support Manager

Wow, we're so happy to read this amazing review. Thanks for sharing your Thumbtack experience. We appreciate you and all of the hard work you've put in over the years.

2. 5.0

Great Work Life Balance.

Nov 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thumbtack is a fully remote company. Great work life balance. The work is pretty easy

Cons

Gets boring sometimes not gonna lie.

Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience about your time at Thumbtack so far. If you have any feedback about your role, be sure to share that with your manager.

3. 5.0

Love this place

Nov 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company and culture are the best

Cons

Don't really know of any

Social Media Support Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you think highly of Thumbtack's culture.

4. 5.0

Your Ideal Workplace!

Nov 18, 2021 - Sourcing Specialist in Manila, Manila
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generous Benefits Regular and Objective Performance Review Psychologically Safe Working Environment Friendly Officemates Thoughtful leadership team Above Market Salary

Cons

None that I can think of

Social Media Support Manager

We're so happy to hear about your experience with working at Thumbtack. Keep up the great work!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Nov 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work I love it

Cons

Nothing wrong with this place

Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for the kind review, we're glad to hear you love working at Thumbtack.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Nov 2, 2021 - Technical Sourcer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, benefits, and food

Cons

there no cons at thumbtack

Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for the review. We wish you the best of luck with your new adventure!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Our reviews remain high for good reasons

Nov 1, 2021 - Recruiting Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great story to tell to prospects. Working for a high growth Bay Area start-up with a fast pace and lots to do Employee focused culture. Check your egos at the door, very collaborative working environment, your voice is heard, your opinions matter. Fantastic work from home support, great benefits, and a fantastic product to get behind.

Cons

Buckle up, complex problems to solve and we don't have all the answers. Constantly experimenting and iterating, need to be able to adapt and flex, and be OK with gray areas. Some will say no matching on 401k, but that to me is overrated based on everything else we get in our benefit package.

Social Media Support Manager

We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experience at Thumbtack over the years. Thanks for the amazing review!

8. 5.0

Great place to be - Great product - high growth potencial

Nov 1, 2021 - Senior Technical Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay Great Work Life Balance Remote Inclusive Culture Good benefits Great company Perks Interesting projects

Cons

Wish they had 401k matching

Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of working at Thumbtack. We appreciate the feedback and will pass it along!

9. 3.0

Overworked and Underpaid

Nov 10, 2021 - Trust and Safety Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, Culture, Benefits, and remote availability

Cons

The pay is not remotely equal to the job demands. You can basically make more at Target and save yourself the time and stress that comes with this job. There is ZERO communication from leadership to the employee. There is an insane amount of bias in the department that has been going on for over 5 years.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Social Media Support Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, although we're sorry to hear this. We take these concerns very seriously and it's important to us that everyone is heard. We'll be sure to pass along this information and ensure your feedback is shared.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dream Job!

Oct 22, 2021 - Premier Support Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Above-industry package, amazing benefits, equal-opportunity employer, permanent work from home!

Cons

Need to implement more hands-on training before endorsing to production.

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Support Manager

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the correct people. It's so great to hear that you have your dream job here at Thumbtack - thanks for all of your amazing work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 381 Reviews