Time Etc Reviews
92% would recommend to a friend
(86 total reviews)
100% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The team is fantastic and they follow the values of the company every day." (in 11 reviews)
- "Active account managers who are there to help as well as match you to clients" (in 10 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and the ability to work from home" (in 9 reviews)
- "Everyone is always happy to help." (in 7 reviews)
- "Great benefits and rewards" (in 7 reviews)
- "Pay is low but they are in the UK" (in 20 reviews)
Found 86 of over 227 reviews
Updated 23 Oct 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.021 Oct 2023Client Happiness AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
amazing culture supportive coaches/management flexible working great benefits fantastic WFH package food/snacks/drinks provided friendly atmopshere
that I didn’t find Time etc sooner!
- 5.010 Jul 2023Client Happiness AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearShrewsbury, England
- When I say flexible working, I mean flexible working. You work 4 days from home and 1 day in the office, but if for any reason you are unable to make it to the office, for example, train strikes or car problems, then you are able to work from home. Want to go into the office more days of the week? As long as there is someone else in the office with you, then you can do it! - The benefits provided by Time etc are so unique but so good. Even the little things such as a free desk plant makes your home working space more inviting. - Food provided in the office! I came from a previous office job where we had to chip in towards snacks and drinks in the office if you didn't bring in your own stuff, so I was VERY surprised to see that this is all provided to you by the business. REALLY good snacks and drinks too, not cheap and are very tasty. Not to mention the in-office chef that provides us lunch 2 days a week. - I could honestly go on and on about the pros of working for Time etc, I went from a job where I was there fro 5 years with very bad mental health issues but I knew everything and had no option of progression to Time etc where it was so new to me and a big change, and it's the best thing I could have ever done. My mental health has improved tenfold and I look forward to work!
I honestly cannot think of any. I wish I had found Time etc sooner.
- 5.01 Aug 2023Freelance Virtual AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Good variety of clients Good support from the Time etc team Fair rates of pay Ability to be flexible
Clients are not just given to you they are offered to several VAs and you may or may not be selected to work with them. This can be frustrating when first starting out but if you are prepared to persevere it can be fruitful and rewarding.Time Etc Response4mo
Thanks so much for your review - it means a lot to our entire team. We've also noted your feedback about being selected to work with clients and I think your advice on hanging in there is really helpful. Thank you! Barnaby
- 5.017 Feb 2023Client HappinessCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBirmingham, England
As a person already into my 30s, for the first time in my working life, I feel like I'm working for a company that actually values me as an individual and not a number on a spreadsheet. Equal care is genuinely given to the happiness and wellbeing of the individual alongside the success of the company, and I cannot say enough about how important this has been to my personal and mental health.
This isn't necessarily a "con" as much as a fair warning - the job itself is, unapologetically, fast-paced and wide-ranging. If you take your eye off the ball, it's easy to suddenly feel like you've got too much to do and not enough hours in the day - self-discipline is important. However, unlike many "self-starting" or "independent working" jobs, the company genuinely trusts you to manage your own workload and has faith in you to succeed, while knowing that help is always at hand if you need it, and you are never made to feel ashamed or a failure for asking.
- 5.010 Jul 2023Onboarding SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBirmingham, England
Great place to work, I always feel supported and am given extra guidance and training when needed. The company holds itself to its values and all staff are treated fairly and given every opportunity to excel. Best company I have ever worked for - you are truly looked after.
Only con is that I did not start working here earlier.
- 1.08 Jul 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBirmingham, England
Work in Birmingham city centre
Toxic culture and environment Very controlling Micro managed Management do not follow the values they stand for only when suits them Unrealistic targets so you can’t get a pay rise Only pay rise given would be in region of £250-£500 per year Pressured into extra work out of job description without any compensation Not flexible on hours Have to work bank holidays Don’t hire male assistants1Time Etc Response5mo
I was very saddened to see your review today - our aim is for everyone to be happy with their experience at Time etc and we care deeply and personally about having an environment and culture that is different from other companies and allows people to thrive. It’s really disappointing to see our company culture described as toxic because there is an entire team of people, including your ex-colleagues, who work very hard here to create a friendly environment, live by our company values and support each other. We can't get everything right for everyone, all of the time, but I believe we get a lot right most of the time for most of our team which is reflected in us being awarded the great accolade of a Great Place To Work certification this month. This award is entirely based on confidential voting from our team and is designed to test their day-to-day experience working for our company. I would like to address and provide a response to your points of view: Micro-management As a company and team, we dislike micro-management - which is why we set and agree on clear goals with each team member and then support them in achieving their goals, rather than focusing on their day-to-day activities. We don’t actually have managers but instead have coaches looking after our team - coaching them on how to hit their goals rather than telling them what to do. Our approach to coaching is unique and has actually been widely covered by the press because it's quite different from a lot of companies. The only situation in which a team member should ever feel “Micro-managed” is if they were not able to organise themselves or deliver quality work consistently on their own - thankfully this is incredibly rare. Management following values You said: “Management do not follow the values they stand for only when suits them” I don’t think this is a fair comment or reflective of how our team feels - we work hard every day to follow our values and I have not seen, or been told about, anyone not following our values in their decision-making and leadership. Pay rises You said: “Unrealistic targets so you can’t get a pay rise Only pay rise given would be in region of £250-£500 per year” This is not factually correct. Individuals across all teams regularly hit their goals and achieve pay rises that far exceed those you’ve mentioned in your review. The figure you’ve quoted in your review is a standard minimum pay increase available to everyone, regardless of whether or not they hit their goals. Our aim is always for people to exceed this but we feel it’s fair to increase everyone's pay, even if they don’t hit their goals. This policy goes above and beyond many small businesses. There are additional pay rises available for those moving into coaching roles and others available based on length of service, experience, and seniority. Time etc also offers bonuses to celebrate 5,10 and 15-year work anniversaries and benefits worth thousands of pounds per year including covering the cost of child care, funded therapy, pension contributions, and free chef-prepared lunches twice a week. During the last year we also voluntarily paid two 'cost of living' bonuses to every member of our team in order to step-in and help everyone on the team cope with the rapidly rising cost of living. Work, hours and flexibility You said “Pressured into extra work out of job description without any compensation Not flexible on hours Have to work bank holidays” I do not believe we ask individuals to work additional hours without compensation and have never been given this feedback during my regular conversations with all levels of team members within the company. Perhaps you could email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with details so that I can clarify this with you? We are flexible on hours worked. We allow our team to work from home on 4 out of the 5 days of the week and have always gone out of our way to accommodate requests for flexible hours. Where we are able to accommodate a request for flexible hours, we do so - and have multiple team members working custom hours or days per week to allow them to fit in their other responsibilities. I am unsure as to why you would feel this isn't the case. We do ask our team to work one or two bank holidays per year. To be clear we certainly don’t require our team to work all or even many bank holidays each year and everyone that works from home on a bank holiday is given an additional day off. Ultimately we want everyone that works with us to have a great time and be happy with their role and the company - so it's very sad we weren't able to achieve this with you. I would invite you to reach out to me at email@example.com to discuss your experience further - I would be really happy to talk things through with you in person. Thanks, Barnaby Founder and CEO Time etc
- 5.010 Feb 2023Client HappinessCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBirmingham, England
Total flexibility, Support when needed, Amazing working environment & culture, Lots and lots of benefits... I mean really loads! Wonderful and exciting incentives and realistic goals, Fun, friendly and super positive workplace, Approachable and happy managers, An upbeat, welcoming team, Top-of-the-range tech, Excellent Values, They really do go the extra mile to look after their staff. This place is very much about nurturing the individual for the better of the business as a whole. They know this works and are consistently pushing for this.
A little extra wage goes a long way, especially in the current climate, however, this is also addressed after probation.
- 5.024 May 2023Assistant Happiness ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBirmingham, England
Work life balance Flexibility Remote Lots of benefits Supportive team
Non to mention at the moment1
- 5.017 Feb 2023Client HappinessCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBirmingham, England
- The support you feel from both your colleagues and higher ups - Clear path for progression - Genuine positive vibe from everyone - You feel appreciated for the work you do
- None in my time here so far
- 5.010 Feb 2023Client Happiness AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Management listens to any concerns and makes changes based on feedback. Great working environment with a lovely work culture and benefits Room for progression and salary reviews Weekly catch ups with your coach Flexible working at home and in the office
Nothing! Keep doing what you're doing
Time Etc Reviews FAQs
Time Etc has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 227 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at Time Etc to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
92% of Time Etc employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Time Etc 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.