Total Quality Logistics Reviews

4.1
Total Quality Logistics Founder, CEO, and President Kenneth Oaks
Kenneth Oaks
2,787 Ratings
Pros
  • "positive work environment for everyone there(in 397 reviews)

• "Unlimited Earning Potential/Opportunity to work autonomously but w/ support from team and company(in 309 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Will take long hours getting started(in 506 reviews)

• "Work life balance integrity is in question(in 409 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

TQL (The. Quintessential. Luxury) Work Place

Mar 26, 2021 - Logistics Account Executive in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

In the time that I have been employed with TQL, I have grown to really adore this company as a whole. Not only is the atmosphere and comradery very uplifting but the job itself is rewarding. Just like any job, it can be tough at times, but you genuinely enjoy waking up every day ready to help out your customers, as well as be respective & kind to careers transporting the loads. TQL does look after it's employees and also teaches it's employees to always put customers first. I would (& have) recommended the job to many people and will continue to do so.

Cons

Tough but worth reward & effort. So long as you continue to push forward & show your effort, you will be reward.

24 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work!

Sep 8, 2021 - LAET
      Business Outlook

Pros

TQL is inviting, and encouraging from the start of your interview process, to the end of each work day. However a fun environment is just a plus on top of an awesome job itself! The work you put in, seems to always pay off, and you're valued everyday.

Cons

The training process can seem long, and somewhat repetitive. However, it is set up that way to make sure when you go out on our own you are fully equipped to succeed. I would rather have more time to practice what I need to, then not enough!

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Was fine

Dec 6, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

good training period and coaching

Cons

long work hours, very corporate

4. 5.0

BEST COMPANY IN THE USA

Jun 30, 2021 - Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Listen, if you dont want to work hard to earn life changing money, I dont understand your thought process, but DO YOU.... however, working at TQL has completely changed my life. I had to work crazy hours at times, I had to make a ton of phone calls, I had to work hard to create a stable work/life balance... but it has paid off TREMENDOUSLY.... If you arent driven by making money and the opportunity to create your own wage, find another place of employment.

Cons

NONE, ZERO, ZILCH....I dont mind hard work and the opportunity that comes with it....

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work !

Nov 6, 2020 - Marketing Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment in a competitive landscape

Cons

Limited progression in a competitive landscape

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Company that really cares!

Jan 24, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great open sales floor, high energy environment, competitive, go getters, very charitable company

Cons

Long work days, high stress, no work life balance, pay isn't great

7. 5.0

Review of TQL

Nov 23, 2021 - Logistics Account Executive in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed by TQL for a while now and I can truly say that it is the best company that I have ever worked for in my professional life. The pay structure and advancement opportunities are unlimited. TQL provides you the support to grow your business as big as you can. As a broker, it is your business to run it as you see fit. You are given extensive training on how to build business in this industry. I always had a dream to run my own business and TQL gives me that opportunity, while having the safety net of a base salary. On top of tremendous opportunity, TQL's culture is like none other. I've worked in quiet offices and I was miserable. There is never a dull or quiet moment at TQL and the energy is un-paralleled. Sure there are good days and bad days just like any job, but I never wake up dreading to go to work like I have in other jobs. A lot of hard work is required to be successful at this company, but the end goal is attainable as long as you take it seriously.

Cons

I can't really say I have any "cons" exactly, but I can tell you what it takes to be successful at this job and some might see those aspects as "cons." This business is 24/7/365. As I mentioned, this is my business and that requires me to be available to my customers at all times. Much like a true business owner or entrepreneur, a lot of long hours and grinding day in/out is required. I personally love the fact that it is up to me to be successful and I am not relying on a boss to give me a promotion. If you are content with complacency in a job, then TQL may not be the fit for you.

8 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

My review

Nov 24, 2021 - Logistics Account Executive (SGL) in Daytona Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is by far the best company i have ever worked for. I came from the restaurant industry, and after college i was looking for a professional career with room for growth and financial opportunity. I was looking for a company and team that valued me for who i am and challenged me to be better than who i was the day before. That is exactly what i found here at TQL. Success here does not come easy and if you think it will, then this is not the career for you. I am continuously being challenged by my management and colleagues to grow and a professional and as a person, and I have first hand experienced the rewards of perseverance, hard work, and grit here as I have been promoted to management and hit the first milestone in my career all within under a year of being employed with TQL. The opportunity is endless here, I love my TQL family and am excited for what is in store throughout my journey with this company.

Cons

The starting salary could be better, the commission pay structure could be better, and the healthcare could be better.

7 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you a like fast paced fun environment apply here

Nov 23, 2021 - Logistics Account Executive (SGL) in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best reason to work at easily is the people, Everyone helps each other to succeed no matter your background or social status. It is a grind and everyone here understands that and wants to help each other through it. In a close second is the money when you start to earn commission, it is uncapped, It is hard to find another job where you can make 6 figures without a college degree. If you want to work hard and grind through the process you can definitely do it!

Cons

If you dont like to wake up early then this isnt for you, hours are definitely long 6:45-4:15 and when you are a broker it is a true 24/7 job, you will get calls after hours at any time of day or night. Logistics doesnt sleep. You will have to work a lot of holidays, i booked 2 trucks from a boat on the 4th of july last year. It is a grind and there is no way around that! Your first 6 months you cannot make commission and you will be making $40k a year so not the highest base for a company that makes this much money.

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

It's not easy, but it's worth it

Nov 17, 2021 - Talent Development Manager in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive Fun Fast-paced High standards Diverse Committed to training and improvement Honest

Cons

24/7 availability Lack of flexibility/remote work Compensation Not everyone held to the same standards

8 people found this review helpful