Uber Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi
1,496 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work environment and employee satisfaction(in 272 reviews)

• "Flexible hours letting me spend time with my family in the afternoon(in 265 reviews)

Cons
  • "Riders are NEVER outside and ready to go(in 397 reviews)

• "You put so much wear and tear on your vehicle(in 351 reviews)

1. "Private hire driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Manchester, England

I have been working at Uber part-time for more than a year

Pros

Plate form where you are free to send work

Cons

A lot of driver

Uber2020-03-19
  2. "Flexible and proffessional company to work for."

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, Good customers, easy to manage online driver app.

Cons

Could be hard to deal with the call centre due to level of time they taking to resolve basic queries.

Uber2020-03-25
  3. "Great"

Current Employee - Driver in Leeds, England

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Good service good pay good price

Cons

Long hours of shifts everyday

Uber2020-03-04
  4. "Searching for fast food delivery"

Current Employee - Fast Food Delivery Driver in Leeds, England

I have been working at Uber part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with uber eat for the past 3 years was good payed good and freedom work when you want

Cons

It the moment uber eat is quiet and they dont pay good as they use to pay that why I look for another job I worked as fast food delivery driver since from 2012 till now

5. "it was good enough"

Former Employee - Driver in London, England

I worked at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

-own hours -flexible -better engagement than in past

Cons

-have to do own taxes, not much help given on this

Uber2020-03-04
  6. "Exploitation and low wages"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in London, England

I worked at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ha.. If you enjoy driving or don't mind it, it's an almost bearable job. Also, you can request payment everyday (but it takes 3 days to get to you...). Nothing else.

Cons

The worst Support Team EVER! They take days even weeks to reply to you. They misspell words. They love to recite their script and not actually communicate properly. They don't actually read what you say, and then reply with nonsense, which doesn't help you at all. And if you are waiting for them to aprove a document, or something else, then be prepared to not make any money for at least a week. Are they amateurs? Badly trained? Doing it on purpose? Maybe a combination of those factors. But truly irritating. Uber loves to spend less money with essential things, and line their pockets more and more, while passing on the cost TO YOU, THE DRIVER. They know many of their drivers don't even understand or want to know about this, since this is a job WITHOUT INTERVIEW, they let ANYONE IN, even people with NO ENGLISH or basic skills. This is FACT. They took away the ability for their drivers to CALL IN and talk to a human being on the phone. They rather you use the internet (only on the app, not on any browser though..) to navigate through the maze of FAQs and find the hidden SEND US A MESSAGE. They have nothing but complaints from customers too, just go look at their reviews and social media pages. During COVID times, they took even longer to reply/help their workers, which is the worst time to do that. Also, the CEO of Uber doesnt want to treat the workers as employees, but during COVID, the CEO asked THE US GOVERNMENT FOR A BAILOUT, which means he wants the taxpayers to give money to these gig workers, for sick pay, etc. YES, this is the world you live in, with these shameless soulless corporations/companies. We are all humans and from our paycheck, we have (but most don't) to set money aside for many things that Uber doesn't pay for. Like vehicle depreciation. Vehicle Tax. Fuel/electricity. MOT. Income tax (registering as self employed). National insurance contribution. All of these things, you have to pay for, with the salary you receive. (gross and net income, look it up if you dont know about it, because most drivers have NO IDEA about it, most are immigrants who dont care). So your net income ends up being A LOT LESS because Uber wants more money for themselves and less for you. There's more! There are MANY restaurants that break the rules and nothing ever happens. Uber's complaint process is non existant. I mean, you can complain, but you know nothing happens, and if you talk too much, like I'm doing, THEY TRACK YOU AND TERMINATE YOUR CONTRACT, so complaining actually does you harm! Restaurants that have 5 plus drivers waiting inside, because these greedy cnts receive an order and dont even wait a bit before requesting a driver. So you end up waiting 30mins plus FOR ONE ORDER (delivery). Understand? The online order goes from the customer to the restaurant, and the restaurant then IMMEDIATELY requests the driver to come and PICK IT UP, but the food is FAR FROM READY, so you end up waiting and losing time (MONEY) or simply cancelling the order and wasting Fuel. Oh, you can get punished for not accepting many orders or cancelling many orders. Why? If we are truly self employed, we are supposed to be able to CHOOSE what restaurants we want and dont want to go, etc. There's way more but who cares, right? No one will even read or care about this, the CEO is getting richer, nothing changes, we die, repeat cycle. So to sum it up, they exploit mainly immigrant workers, calling them PARTNERS and classifying the workers as CONTRACTORS and SELF EMPLOYED, when in reality, YOU ARE NOT SELF EMPLOYED, since it goes against 90% of what SELF EMPLOYED actually is. Oh, they recently got together (lyft, uber, etc) and spent a lot of money to LOBBY and go against a ruling in california. Look it up. So you know, work for them, but never forget you are nothing to them, less than nothing even.

Uber2020-03-30
  7. "Not the best of jobs"

Current Employee - Uber Driver in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Very flexible with the hours.

Cons

Dealing with some aggressive customers.

8. "Delivery"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

I can do my time of work.

Cons

Nothing to complain about this job

Uber2020-02-14

"High staff turnover and low moral"

Current Employee - Greenlight Hub Expert in Nottingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

No weekends and Lunch allowance.

Cons

Low team moral, terrible management that place blame anywhere but on themselves, expectation of perfection, managers won't help with pay issues, frequent travel.

Uber2020-03-13
  10. "Delivery Rider"

Current Employee - Delivery Rider in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Uber part-time for more than a year

Pros

You choose if you want to work or not and when You stay fit You can take breaks whenever you want

Cons

You can't ride if it is windy, you risk to fall Most of the time, especially at McDonalds, you can wait up to ten minutes doing nothing and not getting paid for this but you can call a break and be positive

Uber2020-01-30