deVere Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.8
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • intensive training - learn a lot in a short time (in 13 reviews)

• high earning potential- much more than anything in the UK (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and constant work but you should come to the course expecting to give 110% (in 39 reviews)

• Work-life balance is fairly non-existent (in 12 reviews)

"A realistic intense training programme"

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A devoted team of Devere training staff who really prepare you for the working environment you will be working in. A mixture of different approaches to training which allows you to develop and build a variety of skills that are crucial for the career. Doesn’t shy away from showing the reality of what the job will be like & how hard you ar required to work

Cons

Requires a devotion to early morning and long hours

"Definitely not a graduate scheme"

I worked at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-potential to earn good money
    -Nice office locations
    -opportunity to travel

Cons

Advertised as a graduate scheme? Totally not a graduate scheme! basically a dignified call centre boy in a suit.
    Work on a retainer basis, so essentially you are not paid.
    The other course BDA's actually get salary when they might only have 2 qualifications to their name.
    Unethical company, they amount of people mis sold products is ridiculous.
    Cold calling 24/7
    Grads are more qualified than most consultants

Advice to Management

All reviews here are people leaving from Malta, which is a 3 week course.

3. "Meh"

I worked at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

International experience and some great managers that care

Cons

If you are female, watch out for the slimey advisors you maybe partnered with as a co-ordinator (not all, but there are some, including those that are managers)

Advice to Management

More professionalism required- too much of a 'all lads' club

"They lie to get you through the door"

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Worked with some great people (great for socializing)

Cons

- 12 hour days
    - Promised a salary, when arrived found out it was commission based with a retainer, if you don't make your targets (that are set ridiculously high) then they take away your commission (if/when you ever do start making it)
    - Managers are rude

Advice to Management

Be honest with your staff!
    It doesn't hurt to be kinder to employees either, these are people who have spent money to join your organisation - treat them with respect!

"Do not go there"

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

There is no pros to this company

Cons

Do not touch the grad scheme, work for a proper company.

"Graduate scheme with the deVere Group"

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

- You get to see nice cities - then again you are better going to these places as a holiday as it would save you more money than working for this company.
    - you really get to test your patience and tolerance working 12 hours on 3 hour sleep and then constantly getting told you are rubbish at what you are doing.
    - Its challenging workload and once you complete it you really feel like you have achieved something working in a hostile environment.

Cons

- The attractive salary you see of £25,000 is a complete lie. This job is commission based and you get a retainer of about £850 a month where you have to pay the company back after you get your commission and IF you get your commission. The retainer is illegal to do in the UK which is why deVere don't recruit in the UK.
    - Management are unprofessional and have their favourites from the start - wear short skirts and cake up on make-up they will love you.
    - Management swear at you, demotivate you to see if you break- if you do you are out.
    - If you have £5000 saved up and a family willing to support you working long hours without getting paid then go ahead with deVere otherwise you will have no money to pay rent or bills let alone feed yourself.
    - This company needs people who have no morality or any code of conduct to work for them. They are all corrupt.
    - If you like stalking people on social media to get their phone numbers and emails and cold calling them begging them to come to deVere then that is all you do. Cold call and stalk people which believe me is time consuming and draining when the client picks up the phone and tells you how much they hate deVere.
    - I went with this graduate scheme reading all the bad reviews about deVere and believed that everyone has their own individual unique experiences but EVERYTHING these reviews said proved to be true.

Advice to Management

Give it a rest with your poor professionalism leaving kisses on emails to girls, swearing at graduates and telling them deVere is the best thing that will happen to them. IT IS THE WORST THING FOR A GRADUATE.

"Excellent company with massive benefits"

Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Liverpool, England
    Current Employee - Trainee Wealth Advisor in Liverpool, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work at deVere is exactly what you'd expect from such a world class company. The work is hard and the days are long, but that's what you're told from day one. In honesty working for them has been an incredible experience so far, they are very supportive of you and will help you achieve your ambitions if you're not afraid to put in the hard work.

Cons

Honestly can't see a con, everything is how I expected

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing the graduate scheme so far is great (I'm just about to leave Malta), I don't think a better scheme could really exist.

9. "Great"

I worked at deVere Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money and good vibe in office

Cons

Cant think of any to be honest

"A blessing in disguise"

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

- The sales training is the best I've had in fairness
    - The delivery of it may seem harsh, and they're brutal if you get something wrong. Having said that, if you're thick skinned, it does actually ingrain it in you.

Cons

- Definition of boiler room management and culture from senior staff. During a morning office meeting, as a new starter with no training what so ever on QROPS I asked a question, as I had been given a client who's portfolio was a complete mess, he hadn't been dealt with by an Advisor for years and he was angry. I told the senior manager that I didn't really know what I was doing with it, it was too complicated for me at this moment in time as I had been in the industry for a couple of months and like I say with no trainign on QROPs and the client was angry. In front of the whole office, I was told that "maybe I wasnt cut out for this role and that all future QROPs clients which you can earn good commissions from will be given to other people instead". And that was the end of that... Except I still had to manage the client.
    - The bonus structure is ridiculously complicated. Might as well have been in hieroglyphics. No one in the London office earned bonus other than one adviser (who was handed the best clients by a country mile. NO ONE.
    - Which leads me onto my next point, at the interview stage I was told that no one earned less than 60k in their first year.... No one was earning above their basic salary.
    - The level of arrogance within the business was outstanding too. Waltzed in with their gold Rolex's, tailored suits, Louis Vuitton briefcases, while the advisors and particularly new starters were brought to the front of the office and endured their suits, shirts, ties and shoes being ridiculed by the senior staff for not being 'deVere' (perhaps something to do with a minimum London wage salary and no bonus potential). We were also never told what the dress code was... So if you show up on your first week with anything other than a white shirt with double cuffs, dark blue, dark grey or black suit and black shoes with black socks... You're told that you must go out and buy new suits etc..... Again, on close minimum London wage, so that'll be a Primark number then.

Advice to Management

It just seemed they were delusional about deVere, like they had been brainwashed. Which in fairness, perhaps because of their heydays in Dubai or Abu Dhabi where they all earned a fortune, that was inevitable. Either way, people don't respond well to unnecessarily brutal management anymore.

"Dont Bother"

Pros

None what so ever, complete smoke and mirrors company

Cons

Too many to list in such a small box. The amout of lies told from top to bottom within this company regarding salary, bonuses, office attire, senior managements attitude, closet racism, sexism, homophobia..........all of this and then you're basically being lied to about being in the financial industry when all you do is cold call most of the day