deVere Group Reviews

Updated 26 Jul 2020

3.8
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
  • "You will have huge earning potential as long as you're not expecting to be spoon fed like a lot of people do(in 38 reviews)

• "It is a job that requires a lot of hard work and effort but the rewards are very tangible(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "You'll work long hours and at the start there's a lot of information to take on and manage effectively(in 66 reviews)

• "Logistical hiccups in transitioning between Malta training and Marbella office(in 39 reviews)

"Events Co-Ordinator"

5.0
    Former Employee - Events Coordinator in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Great team Helpful managers Advanced my skills

Cons

Could do with more training on the job Can get quite stressful

Continue reading

"Fantastic Opportunity if you work HARD!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in London, England

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

deVere Group gives you the foundation to excel in the financial industry through advanced training, progress development & Client management. I am relatively young but I’ve gained the skills and techniques to advise clients through complex solutions which is incredibly rewarding and having gratification from clients. deVere Group rewards employees that have a proactive approach. I honestly love the job I do and I’m incredibly thankful for the opportunity because to work for a company which is constantly evolving and developing you as an employee to the highest potential.

Cons

Hard work & long hours but in essence your self employed and the harder you work the faster you progress and advance your career. The reason you see bad reviews or people not succeeding is because the lack of drive and hunger to get to the end result.

"Would not recommend for a career within Financial Services"

2.0
    Former Employee - Client Support Executive in Mansfield, England

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Some great & knowledgable colleagues - Fairly nice office

Cons

- Bad reputation globally, within financial services - Cold calling was becoming more prominent - Working at all hours is expected and not appreciated - Internal promotions / moves are encouraged but never acted upon. - Little to no benefits, aside from a couple of yearly outings. Which are usually the carrot on a stick. - No clear guidance on pay rises.

"Tough work"

Former Employee - Wealth Management Consultant

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to move out of the UK to work somewhere interesting. Offering to retail client is okay- though expensive ( but that is with all offshore IFAs). But offering of solutions is better than other IFAs

Cons

All outboard sales- name is not the best so very hard to overcome that.. Very hard to create any wealth for yourself. It is a recruitment business more than anything- consultants leave all the time.

Continue reading

"Need a job after uni? Don't bother with this"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Going to Malta for 3 weeks training (although you are expected to pay for your own flights) - Meeting like-minded individuals in the same position as you - Being able to work in a different country after the training - Financial knowledge I learnt has proved useful The lucky 0.00001% may end up being successful. It is inspiring to see successful cases - but the majority don't make it.

Cons

- The senior staff in Malta do treat individuals like children. I've seen people get screamed at - On the phone for long periods during the day. - Cold calling unsuspecting individuals - Spending your life on LinkedIn trying to "source" people to call - Being an investigator/stalker - seeing where individuals work, checking out their history to see if they could be rich or of "high net worth", gathering phone numbers of their companies - calling their companies and asking to receptionists to speak to them. - Be ready to use your savings to keep yourself afloat. The base salary they offer is not great. (In the country I worked in, bar/restaurant staff would earn more than me) - Towards the end of my employment, I had successfully helped the Financial Advisor/Regional manager make some deals and secure business - I was told that I would see the results in my pay packet..... This never appeared. - The amount of calls you are expected to make daily is ridiculous. You will get bored. I dialled fake numbers in the end.

"Avoid."

Former Employee - Wealth Manager

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Being able to live abroad and granted an exposure to that. -Developing an unparalleled work ethic.

Cons

-Commission only sales role. No basic salary, instead it's a retainer based system that sees early commissions wiped out until your "debt" to the company has been settled. -Realistically takes over a year to get up and running unless handed deals and clients to close because other Advisers have left. -The company uniform. Looking like a knock off Wolf of Wall Street tribute in the office each day. Many guys in the office looking like their wardrobe was furnished by George from Asda thinking they look like Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. -Dated sales environment built exclusively around the art of Cold Calling. The company wouldn't effectively allocate resources into marketing and advertising schemes to target clients. Instead dedicated calling sessions to get through to people who've been called dozens of times before. -An appalling reputation within the industry for a mismanagement of clients and prospective clients alike. -Setting up a fund management service to entice clients with better returns and lower fees. Instead it's an LLP in which the Senior Manager's for each region are listed as Directors on Companies House in the UK.

"All hotel jobs"

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Ewloe, Wales

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Reliable, caring, calm, understanding, hard working, fair

Cons

Tiredness, unseen situation, complicate situations, unhelpful people around, bad maintenance of place

8. "Good"

Current Employee - Catering Manager

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Good place to work full time

Cons

Poor middle management becomes a problem

9. "Unqualified Sales"

Former Employee - Wealth Manager

I worked at deVere Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good earning potential, some decent products / structured notes

Cons

Sole focus on sales and not necessarily client outcome. Unqualified managers & generally grossly under qualified advisors which in some instances borders on dangerous.

Continue reading

"It's a sales role disguised as "business development""

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Few nice and welcoming employees at the London offices, but otherwise, it's not a nice place to work.

Cons

The BDA promises “huge money opportunity”: insane earnings growth after 12 month-ish, but at the expense of soul-crushing hamster wheel of doing same thing every day yet not having freedom to try new things (limited creativity). Role is tough in the beginning yet you are not expected or even encouraged to stay after 12 months on BDA position. The BDA (Business development associate) role is the hardest role they have and is all about KPIs and doing Cii exams for R01-R06. Most people at the company hate this role . I had an impression that this is sales role with nothing but cold calling and emailing. Manager said “we don't do cold calling any more” but ex-employees as well as employees sitting right in the office said that they indeed do cold calls. After the first day it was clear that the role is quite boring and is “on-the-rails”, i.e. you do as they say as creativity or doings differently is essentially not encouraged at all. I am assuming some people got bored after a while, tried some other approach to their tasks and company did not like that, as all they care about is KPIs and “stick to what works and don’k questions” mentality. It's very number-based, if you cannot do what they ask in first 3 months, you are out. Just do simple googling and you will find tons of news stories about devere and after decide if you want to join them. I would not recommend.

Found 533 reviews