deVere Group Reviews
50% would recommend to a friend
(896 total reviews)
65% approve of CEO
Found 896 of over 970 reviews
Updated 29 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Finance
Got a burning question about deVere Group? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with deVere Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great training and on going support." (in 88 reviews)
- "Worked with some great people (great for socializing)" (in 30 reviews)
- "Great opportunities are available to everyone and the products and infrastructure are second to none." (in 22 reviews)
- "The manager is good." (in 20 reviews)
- "Definitely a great office in Milan which is very supportive and focused on development and progression." (in 15 reviews)
- "Long hours but very managable" (in 56 reviews)
- "1. Before considering taking this job (especially if you're willing to relocate) keep in mind a simple fact that you won't have a basic salary." (in 42 reviews)
- "Bad Management and worst HR." (in 30 reviews)
- "Commission only and the company take 50% of your earnings." (in 29 reviews)
- "Long hours are expected" (in 20 reviews)
- 5.011 Sept 2023Business Development Associate (BDA)Current Employee
Great sales training and key financial knowledge. Colin Eldridge is a fantastic manager and a very motivating leader. If you want to succeed he will provide you with the tools. Laura Lockett a senior consultant there helps her team with the upmost encouragement and support attitude. You would be luck to work here if you have the right attitude.
No cons. Just be prepared to work hard!
- 4.028 Nov 2023Digital Marketing SpeicalistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Things move fast - lots of opportunities but have to work hard
If you aren't the type of person to go after it and drive then you won't be incentivised to do so - it has to come from you.
- 5.027 Jul 2023Business Development AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Fantastic place to work if you have time and energy to put in
competitive, old boys club, distracting, low salary is actually a retainer
- 3.015 Aug 2023Cluster Finance ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Good food. Staff are bonded as a family.
Pays less. Number of hours expected to work is more than standard full time.
- 5.022 Jul 2023Business Development Associate(BDA)Former Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Exposure into the world of financial services and working with a great bunch of people
Long hours, cold calling is a necessity
- 1.017 Jul 2023Wealth ManagementFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Non, unless you like racial slurs.
Everything, never seen such a badly run company. All of the employees are idiots, no one is educated and knows anything about finance.1
- 1.012 Apr 2023Business Development Associate (BDA)Former Employee, less than 1 year
There are genuinely no good things I can say about the management / training / experience/ work life balance, environment/ company culture - however - you can have unlimited use of the fruit bowl - can use the water dispenser whenever which is great to use in countries where you can't drink tap water - Get to explore another country (could just go on holiday!)
Have been thinking whether to do this review or not and have decided to as fresh grads need to see this and not even think about working for this company DO NOT FALL FOR THE DREAM THAT THEY SELL YOU TRUST THE REVIEWS THAT ARE ALREADY ON HERE -there are enough awful reviews on here, I didn't believe them and I wish I had, a horrific experience of how a company shouldn't be ran The recruiters will sell you a dream and glow it up to be this fantastic opportunity - its not - its a complete pyramid scheme and you are set up to fail Absolutely zero work life balance you will work 12+ hr days when you are contracted 8:30-5:30. If you turn up at 8:30 you will get fired, they can do this because the contract is heavily weighted in their favor - they can fire you on the spot. They mention 10% of the contract and leave out the most important info that would most definitely steer you away The company provides you with as much support as a chair with 3 legs, you will end up loosing money with this company Different rules and procedures for different days of the week - a complete lack of consistency. You will get told the 'training is unparalleled' - they are correct unparalleled in the sense its so catastrophic its nothing like how other successful companies run their training Employee retention is similar to that of trying to fill up a sieve with water If you are a recent grad - please please please take on board what you are reading on this review website - I didn't have to do this but I don't want others to experience this train crash of a company - go and join an actual 'grad scheme' where you are valued, you CV is actually looked at and your not going to be treated like the scum of the earth I could write 3/4 pages on how poor this company is but hopefully you get the picture, don't get me started on the management I have nothing good to say about this company.16
- 2.04 Apr 2023Business Development AssociateFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsReading, England
Good office atmosphere, if you manage to wade through three years of sh!t, you can make a lot of money
Terrible job, terrible hours and level of stress. Cold calling and scrolling through LinkedIn all day everyday5
deVere Group Reviews FAQs
deVere Group has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 970 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at deVere Group to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
50% of deVere Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated deVere Group 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.