deVere Group Reviews

Found 719 of over 767 reviews

4.1
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
  • "Your success is directly correlated to the work you are willing to put in, so is great for people looking to excel with uncapped earning potential(in 40 reviews)

• "It is a job that requires a lot of hard work and effort but the rewards are very tangible(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours required to truly achieve potential - some may see as a negative but I see it as a great learning curve(in 73 reviews)

• "Hard work is necessary but it pays off(in 42 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great part time work

Aug 3, 2021 - Waitress in Newgate Street, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, busy and varied working environment

Cons

0 hour contracts but usually get a good amount of hours per week regardless

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and fun people

Cons

Workload is too heavy and can be quite stressful

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It’s basically all a scam, do not bother applying here.

Aug 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely none. Just a waste of an application.

Cons

They advertise various roles, I.e. finance graduates, wealth management graduate etc, but the actual role has nothing to do with any of that and all you’ll be is a recruitment consultant essentially. Cold calling, sales and little to no relation to the role you’ve actually applied for. This company is using you to get them more business, then after your internship or graduate programme they let you go and hire the next round of people the can exploit. The sad thing is they have current ‘graduates’ working for them trying to recruit more people to do the same thing they are doing, not realising they’re being played. I don’t usually write reviews on here but this one really needed to be said. Stay away!!

12 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work Environment

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great company that I would recommend to anyone.

Cons

It is a cut throat industry.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Zero ethics or decancy

Aug 11, 2021 - Graduate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick process and thats it. This is not a company with any decancy or ethics. Be very careful if interviewing them for a role,

Cons

I was applying for a role at deVere and had progressed to joining a meeting with CEO Nigel Green. Unfortunately, I contracted Covid so was unable to attend the meeting (in addition to feeling unwell I had a bad cough and was frequently sneezing, one of the requirements was to keep the microphone on at all times, so was in the interests of all participants I didn't join) Despite contacting my contact to inform her I was too unwell to attend she did not reply and has ignored subsequent emails. If this is an indicator of how deVere treat staff I have had a lucky escape. If you were thinking of doing business with them, I would question if this is the sort of firm you want to deal with.

6. 3.0

Good Salary

Jul 20, 2021 - Operations Manager in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Good Salary for position

Cons

Lack of investment on aging property

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

The worst company to have ever worked for

Aug 9, 2021 - Financial Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Literally nothing good to say!!!

Cons

Made me move more than 5000 miles away, didn't even pay me what I was worth, they say they'll pay for half of the tickets however, they only do this if you manage to survive in the office for at least a month (Racism, Sexism, Narcissism are at sky high levels in the office), staff gets threated like in pre-historic times, they make you sign a 08:30-17:30 contract but they expect you to arrive in the office at the latest 07:30 am and if you leave earlier than 19:00 they look at you like you committed a crime. They hire you for a financial advisory position and all they make you do is cold calling, literally nothing that got something to do with financial advisory. This is literally the worst possible company. No wonder they have such a rubbish image!!! PS: all the negative things you find about them on the internet are true, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Would not recommend working here!

Jul 14, 2021 - Business Development Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training programme was good - 2 weeks long and quite in depth with lots of new knowledge about the financial world

Cons

Awful employer. After training there was 0 support and you work remotely with no access to any additional training or advise. Would not recommend this position to anyone. Expected to work with no salary. It is a very male dominated environment and do not really want women in the team.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee

The road to panic attacks with extra steps

Jun 22, 2021 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free alcohol (to endure the emotional distress)

Cons

Everything else.. Especially extreme work hours for NO REASON

13 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid at all cost

Jun 4, 2021 - Night Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Parking. Free Stay When busy

Cons

Unpaid break, Poorly Paid, Extreme Labour Intensive

Viewing 1 - 10 of 719 Reviews