Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find your next job here

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jan 2018

Consumer Promotion Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amgen in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the hiring manager in about 1-2 weeks. The interview was fairly easy, total time was about 20 mins. I only received 2 questions and I quickly answered with "STAR" format that leaves me 20 mins to ask questions to the hiring manager. I received no follow up interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have a conflicting business idea with your management and how did you deal with   Answer Question
    • Do you work with the 3rd party agencies?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cal Poly SLO, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Cal Poly SLO, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

30 minute behavioral including 10 minutes for questions at the end. Very relaxed interview with a lot of time at the end for questions so make sure to prepare some questions of things you would like to know more about

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did something that went against popular opinion   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in November 2017.

Interview

Apply through sunlink, interview at school. Took 6 weeks to get back to you, still waiting for the results. No technical questions, all behavioural. Be prepared and you'll be fine

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you have to deal with a difficult teammate   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter asking to do a phone interview. I took the opportunity, but was a bit confused because I was interviewing for a job that I hadn't applied for. I then had another phone interview with an Amgen leader in California. I really enjoyed talking with him.

This individual set up an impromptu interview with another leader in person in Tampa. It went really well and I was brought back in for more formal interviews. I learned at that time that HR was no informed of the impromptu interview that I had had prior. I thought that was rather odd. I had to email the recruiter to learn that I wasn't moving forward. The response was casual and a bit unprofessional.

Hiring the right people is difficult especially when you have to hire in such large numbers and are realigning your business. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met, but I think ultimately they were interviewing me for the wrong job for me. I wouldn't take anything that happens in this process too personally. They are working hard to fill these roles and that is a challenge.

Interview Questions

• I was asked my opinion on LMS platforms, but was told it wasn't part of the interview process or job consideration.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

***Disclaimer: this was for a contract position through the recruiting agency, not a FTE position with Amgen. They typically hire as contract and move people to full-time after they know they like you***
    I was contacted by a recruiting agency to see if I was interested in the position. There was a brief phone call to confirm I had the skills required for the job and that I was interested in the job. I was contacted again after about a week to schedule an in person interview on site at Amgen within the week.
    The interview was very straight forward. It was conducted by 2 shift managers (one of them would be my boss and the other was from another shift) and the senior manager for manufacturing. Very common interview questions, nothing that was too far out of the norm.
    I actually heard back about the position and was offered the job the very next day but I didn't start work for another ~3 weeks due to the processing time of paperwork through the recruiting agency.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

The interview is more or less behaviorial questions. All the questions are related to your resume and past experience. The interview is about 1 hour long in total. They asked me about my past internship and school project.

Undergraduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions about resume and past experiences to determine how you would fit in the position. There was one phone interview and then I got a call offering me the position.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

Two phone interviews-one with hiring manager and one with HR. On site interview after phone interviews. On site interview consisted of dinner the night before and an all day interview the next day. Interview comprised of a 45 min seminar followed by a 15 minute question and answer session. Remainder of the day was one on one's, lunch, and included a 30 minute knowledge quizzing session.

Associate IS Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen with one of the Directors of Information Security, also the person I would be reporting to. The phone screen wasn't intimidating, it was just so he can get an idea about me, work experience, and make sure the position was something I wanted. We also discussed Amgen's capability center in Tampa. A little over a week later, I received an invitation to the second two part interview, face to face in Tampa.

The second interview was with the same person I conducted the phone screen with and another Director of Information Security. The first part in this interview took an hour long, not intimidating, just asked questions pertaining to my interests, my process towards current events related to security, and tested my knowledge with basic information security tech questions. In-fact I actually learned something in this interview. The second part was about 45 minutes, with the same person I conducted the phone screen with. Again, not an intimidating interview, just how I would handle certain situations and provide examples of work related events pertaining to the role. I also learned from this interview. Both gentleman were really professional and easy to talk with. A week later I received an invitation to a third interview via video conference.

The third interview was a video conference with an IS Security Specialist and IS Manager in Cybersecurity. They asked questions related to my resume, school, greatest accomplishments, and how I would handle a certain situations. They also asked me a question about ransomware. These guys were very easy to talk with, professional and to the point. I like that they acknowledged my accomplishments and congratulated me.

The very next day after my third interview, I received an email invitation to a background investigation from a third party company Amgen works with, whom conduct the background investigation and drug screens. This third party company WILL verify your past employment, school and residence. They will keep trying to reach your past employers for 5-7 days. After the background investigation, I received a call from the HR recruiter with an offer and then received an email to conduct the drug screen. The entire process, all the way to receiving the drug screen invitation, took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name two threat actors and what would their motive be to steal information?

What do you know about the WannaCry Ransomware?

How is WannaCry different from Petya Ransomware?

What is the difference of a stateful vs. stateless firewall?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview with the group leader one month later. Questions are all standard. She described the project and my potential responsibility. also asked about my career plan. Over all the experience is positive.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.