Amgen Reviews

4.1
Amgen President & CEO Robert A. Bradway
Robert A. Bradway
1,207 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work Life Balance is fairly good(in 276 reviews)

• "great benefits for the company's employees(in 257 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance not in priorities of the company depends on the area of work(in 129 reviews)

• "Decision making often slower than it needs to be(in 80 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Amgen

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Jan 7, 2022 - Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best in it`s field.

Cons

Main office is located in Science Park in Cambridge.

Amgen Response

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you're enjoying your time at Amgen and hope your positive experience continues. Please do not hesitate to reach out to contact amgen@careers.pure.cloud with any questions or feedback for our team.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Review

Mar 4, 2022 - Account Manager in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture benefits brands culture benefits

Cons

Some silos some silos unfortunately

Amgen Response

Thank you for your feedback. If there's anything else you'd like to share with our team, please do not hesitate to reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

3. 4.0

Company culture

Feb 20, 2022 - Regulatory Affairs Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management cares for employees well being

Cons

Heavy work load and tight timelines

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Inconsistency in workload delegation

Feb 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place where management cares for people’s well-being

Cons

Under same organisation some people have heavy workload and with similar skill set some people have very low utilisation.

Amgen Response

We appreciate your review and value your feedback for our team. If there's anything additional about your experience that you'd like to share with us, please contact amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for reaching out today.

5. 3.0

Good company -US lead restraints

Jan 22, 2022 - Senior Administrator in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good senior leadership at the moment. Flexible/hybrid working. Good pay.

Cons

US owned, so global processes need to be followed, not necessarily suitable for U.K. market. Many functions outsourced.

Amgen Response

Thank you for your review. If there are any additional details you would like to share about your experience, please reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for your review.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A company with great potential

Nov 26, 2021 - Safety Manager in Uxbridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

An great focus on diversity

Cons

'Extremely' US-centric; a fact that the senior management have acknowledged, but, have done very little about. I.E peer salaries do not correlate (often 50% lower, or more, than U.S counterparts), U.K career progression is extremely limited. Bottom line - this is a U.S company and a follow to this mind-set, only, is needed to work here. A business initiative to move away from the U.K as a major pharma hub (especially Cambridge) which is very shortsighted when other pharma leaders are putting billions into the region (i.e. Astrazeneca).

Amgen Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is our goal to create an atmosphere where our staff members feel supported, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. Please know that our team can be reached at amgen@careers.pure.cloud if you would like to share more about your experience. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

7. 5.0

Sep 22, 2021 - Health Economics Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance Team Opportunity to work on truly innovative products Responsibility from day 1

Cons

Slower career development compared to consulting

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Only Head Office Staff Progress

Oct 3, 2021 - Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care about well-being to a point Good benefits Ask for regular feedback

Cons

- serious lack of development and progression for Customer facing employees. - Constantly asking for feedback in surveys but nothing changes of importance. -RAMs are underpaid for expectations and skills, If you are ambitious do not join the field team. You will be stuck in this role forever unless you are a favourite, then you will rise up quickly. -RAMs need to be valued more and taken seriously by leaders. Often the RAMs have great insight and experience to know what should be done but are ignored. Sales experience should be more valued.

1 person found this review helpful

Amgen Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is our goal to create an atmosphere where our staff members feel supported, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. Please know that our team can be reached at amgen@careers.pure.cloud if you would like to share more about your experience. If you would like to remain anonymous, please contact Amgen’s Business Conduct Hotline at 1-888-376-5574 or https://amgenbch.tnwreports.com to report your concerns. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Needs to increase career progression opportunities

Sep 24, 2021 - Medical Science Liaison (MSL) in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Medium sized company with fair salary and bonus

Cons

Little opportunity for career progression.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Sep 22, 2021 - Regulatory Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience , Established company

Cons

Long work hours, decisions made in the US

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,798 Reviews

Amgen Reviews FAQs

Amgen has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 3,495 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Amgen to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Amgen employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Amgen. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

82% of Amgen employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Amgen 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Amgen Job Seekers