British Heart Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

British Heart Foundation Interview Questions

Interviews at British Heart Foundation

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation in January 2016.

Interview

1 hour interview from Area Manager, who read from a list of questions.
    The atmosphere was easy going and friendly. I enjoyed the interview, and so did the interviewer. I felt relaxed and the questions were at a comfortable level. I was asked a lot about my experience, and how i can use that in the vacancy, the interviewer answered my questions promptly, and i left feeling positive.

Interview Questions

• Would you treat the paid staff and volunteers any differently?   Answer Question

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward, filled out an application form, explained why i want to work there, then they called me in for an interview. Interview was about 30 minutes and it was me being interviewed by the 2 dietitians who were lovely. The building was nice and I felt really welcomed. One of my best interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntingdon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Huntingdon, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Invited to the store, the mangeress lets say showed too much leg to start with, thought that was a bit bizarre, easy questions, asked me 1 question and knew I was too educated/experienced for the role, it’s was part time 20 hrs, it would have fitted with my lifestyle, let me know- of course she didn’t, wouldn’t apply again and there was me thinking charities were open to anyone, think if you were let’s say “thick “, they would employ you...

Interview Questions

• One question was if we had too much delivery what would you do?   1 Answer

Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation in July 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers who asked interesting and appropriate questions. I felt I was given the opportunity to do my best and project myself well. Good communication leading up to the interview too.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with stakeholders who held a different view to your own.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2018.

Interview

2 interviewers- however only 1 spoke and the other did not make any eye contact or speak.
    Standard competency based interview and being given time at end to ask any questions.
    Was told at end of interview would be contacted within 10 days for feedback.
    Did not hear back.
    Emailed to follow up and ask for feedback
    Did not receive any acknowledgement

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company ?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation.

Interview

Starts with an online application and scenario based multiple choice questions. If successful they will call you to arrange a face to face interview (usually with the area manager) in one of their shops. Next stage is a work trial in one of their shops which I was told would be 2 hours but ended up over 4 simply because the manager didn't have time for me (too busy chatting to visiting friends) left in back areas not knowing what to do, so just asked volunteers if I could help them. Last stage is another interview with the area and shop manager and then you find out if an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how many shops we have?   1 Answer
    • Do u know what we turnover in our shops?.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if it was a snowy day you had no volunteers turn in and you had so many bags to get through, you need to get stock out and rotated and you were own?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation in February 2012.

Interview

Informal one to one with area manager after online pre interview questions and cv upload. General questions re knowledge of charity and its targets and general personal skills questions. Approx 40 mins in total and heard I'd got the job five days after interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward and quick proces

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Liverpool, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Wasnt an interview, got the job through volunteering. Through in at the deep end. Was expected to telepathically know the job. They change the goal post and your expected to already know what them goal posts are

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation.

Interview

Telephone interview.
    Face to face with Area Manager. (2 hrs long.)
    Work day trial in another store for 5 hours.
    3rd stage interview with Regional manager. (2 hrs long.)

Very intense questions about you as a person & what drives you career wise to stay at a job.
    What are you searching for.
    Very physco-analysing you & your traits.

They go in detail & want too know why you left other jobs. Reason behind it.
    How you will focus on consistently getting stock & volunteers?
    As well as hitting budgets.
    What makes you tick?
    Why should they invest in you personally.

Long non-typical work related interview questions.
    More finding out about you & your life so far, to see if you fit there growing brand image.

Interview Questions

• how would you cope with sourcing daily stock to sell & up keep of this?   Answer Question
    • How would you recruit Volunteers & manage there freedom to not show up too work?   Answer Question
    • Why you? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when youve exceeded a target & how you achieved it?   Answer Question
    • What makes you tick? Who are you?   Answer Question
    • How would you liase with local public to get them to donate goods too keep up your sales?   Answer Question
    • Will you cope with juggling 5 plates & managing demands of stock collection   Answer Question
    • Will you stay long term as its very challenging enviroment   Answer Question

Fundraising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview with around 20 other people. We were asked several questions including what is your favourite colour and what it represents to you and why. I was also asked to come in the next day to the assessment center where we were given group exercises

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite colour and why?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.