British Heart Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Fundraising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Manchester, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Quite heavy and thorough - 1st interview with a presentation (2 area managers) and 2nd interview again with 2 managers and a 3rd skype call with the head of the north.

Interview Questions

• How would I develop the area / connection to cause / skills can contribute   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I found the recruitment process, fantastic. The recruitment team and hiring managers were actively engaging and efficient. The recruitment portal is really easy to use. They gave me really useful feedback and when I had questions the team where helpful and generous with their time.

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

Interview

Video Interview and 2 x face to face Interviews on 2 separate days. Interview with the team first, then with manager and stakeholder on 2nd interview. Disappointed that after such an in depth interview process, and having taken 2 x 1/2 days to visit the London office for face to face interviews, the rejection was by email, and without any feedback. Still awaiting feedback but my expectation is low. Great organisation, lovely offices, great benefits, but sadly my experience upon rejection is probably the reason they need change in Recruitment/HR. Disappointing to have the head nods in interview when asked about giving candidates a good experience whatever the outcome, but it's not something that is actually lived through their values.

My feedback would be:
    Have candidates meet the manager first, don't waste candidates time.
    When you meet candidates face to face, have the respect for them to pick up the phone with the outcome of the interview.
    If you offer feedback from the interviewers, please provide it, rather than just not reply.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how to increase Diversity within the workforce   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rugby, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Rugby, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Got the email off of Google
    I emailed in and got very quick correspondance from the manager it was very quick
    The actual process thereafter was very slow and many things had to be completed over many weeks

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply to be a volunteer?   1 Answer
    • Have you had experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview was in the shop where I am currently working for 35 minutes. The interview was with the Shop Manager.
    The questions were simple, direct and the regular you can practice in advance. Good atmosphere and you feel relax and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Who do you decide the priority on your duties?   Answer Question
    • Describe how do you proceed if you are in the shop by yourself?   Answer Question
    • If you are working with volunteers how do your behalf with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England).

Interview

I had gone online to learn that there was a paid Saturday sales assistant in the same shop I had been volunteering at for roughly 4 and a half years. I managed to get as far as an interview with the area manager and told to wait roughly half a week to hear back which I thought was a pretty good turn around time compared to some other companies. I had come to realise that I was up against not much competition at all for getting the job.

I then got feedback from the area manager saying that my experience in general which was shown through the interview questions that I was asked along with the fact of security aspects of things for being in charge at such an age of 20 years old would not be worth the risk of letting me get the job.

Yet they decided to employ someone who was external to the company over someone aka myself who has had years worth of experience first hand as a volunteer.

The system of promotion to staff internally within to be able to work their way up the ranks from volunteer to certain levels of manager are not worth trying no matter how much experience internally you have had with the charity.

Staffing issues seem to be an issue more and more so as time goes on in the shop I volunteered in for numerous years but is not helped by the staffing not being there that would prevent the whole security issue being there in the first place. It is one big horrible circle to go through as the reasons of staffing and security all lead back to each other in one big mess.

Not only to mention of how do you expect a 20 year old to have experience in any kind of management role at all of any kind. The so called training on the job is meant to be what that covers which would include aspects such as paperwork and cashing up for example.
    I have all the customers service experience and stock sorting and replenishment skills so why let security due to poor staffing issues and what seems to be lack of willingness to be trained on the job let someone down.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope individually and manage your team if there was a big load such as a donation when you are short on staff?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sutton in Ashfield, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Sutton in Ashfield, England) in September 2019.

Interview

You walk in to ask Volunteer then you sit down talk about why you want to help then they see if you're free for a time and day then you start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Lewisham, England) in September 2019.

Interview

I turned up for an interview as a Sales Assistant. The manager took me into his office and claimed the lightbulb was broken so he had to interview me in the dark. He hadn’t bothered to read my CV. The then proceeded to tell me that the job I had applied for wasn’t actually the job he was interviewing for. He was instead interviewing for someone to work on the telephone booking collections in their “call centre”. He said he didn’t have a job description for this role. Would I like to continue? Alarm bells were ringing at this point. Several things occurred to me.
    A. The position had already been filled
    B. He already had someone else in mind and was hoping his ploys would put me off
    C. He was terribly disorganised and I should give him the benefit of the doubt
    D. My face didn’t fit from the get go
    He then proceeded to tell me he didn’t have any prepared questions for the role he was interviewing for. He asked a few questions in a disinterested manor. Showed me around and then dismissed me.

Interview Questions

• Why British Heart Foundation?   1 Answer

Volunteer Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Birmingham, England).

Interview

It was more of an informal chat rather than an interview. I was just told that I required two references and after that I could start working. You also need to bring ID with you, such as your driving licence.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was a incredibly brief experience, the manager just asked for passport and went through health and safety procedures. She then filled out a form and I started volunteering from that day onwards.

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Aberdeen, Scotland) in June 2019.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email calling me in for a quick chat in-store. After being asked a few questions about my experience and availability by the store manager, I was offered to come in whenever available.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.