Charles Tyrwhitt Interview Questions

Updated 23 Nov 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 32 of over 32 interviews

Recruiter13%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

Asked to come in at 7:30am, waited in reception until someone came along as there was no one there. Frankly I felt it was rude and the way I was spoken to matched that, if you don’t like where someone has worked previously or where they studied then why waste their time asking them to come in as it’s clearly on my C.V. It was commented on twice how everyone who works there dresses appropriately so I took that as a not so subtle dig at how I was dressed. White shirt, black trousers and black smart shoes but I guess they have a standard I wasn’t made aware of. I felt spoken down to on a few occasions and that is not the way to treat someone that has come in for an interview, I didn’t do anything wrong but felt I wasn’t their ‘type of person’. I was asked several questions about my background and what experience I had but that was totally forgotten about as my feedback claimed I had no experience in that field and in fact I apparently refuse to do that type of work which is such a lie. I don’t know if HR just gave me some random feedback because that wasn’t what I said at all in the interview. I left the interview and knew straightaway I wasn’t successful due to how I was spoken to and treated. I felt the person that interviewed me was a snob.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any experience for this role?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (New York, NY) in May 2019

Interview

in person interview with the manager for 15-20 minutes. she described what the position entitles. what they are looking for etc. it was friendly chat, nothing too stressful, very easy

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (Milton Keynes, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

Submit CV Explain why you applied to CT Ice breaker introducing yourself Team exercise to get to know everyone and see dynamics Data entry test On call test Interview The whole process was fairly simple. The environment was relaxed and the interviewer was encouraging. Prepping for competency questions would suffice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (Houston, TX) in Mar 2019

Interview

Interviewed with the ASM on a couch in the mall, after first interview, you will interview again with the Store Manager. I stopped after the first interview because I was told during the interview: "Gonna be honest, you'll probably only get 10-16 hours a week at the most-get another job" So I ended up working at Johnston and Murphy

Interview Questions
  • What is an an outfit you've worn that got you compliments?
  • What do you usually wear?
  • How would you describe your style?
  • What are some problems you've had when buying clothes?
  • Customers come in sometimes asking for the the "fat people" section, how would you answer this?
  • Sell me this pen.

Charles Tyrwhitt

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt

Interview

It was brief, and it was quick. It was spread out over time, and it was happy. I don’t know why this has a minimum of thirty words to describe the process.

Interview Questions
  • They asked basic retail background information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

After applying I was invited to the assessment centre which was very competitive. The process was easy and fun but other candidates were interrupting me and others during group exercises which was really annoying. The assessment day consisted of the group exercise, few fun ice breakers and the individual interview. In the end, recruiters promised to give individual feedback which I never received.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England, England) in Sep 2018

Interview

Interviewed for the position, it went well, I was more than qualified. I then followed up a few days later with the recruiter, he said he would get back to me within a few days. It’s been over 6 months and I’m still yet to hear back. Highly unprofessional experience. If candidates take the time and make the effort to interview, the least you can do is respectfully turn them down.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with management not signing off your products?

Charles Tyrwhitt

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt

Interview

I heard back three days after my initial application with a scheduled telephone interview which was relaxed and informal. I was invited for an interview with a recruiter and the line manager for this role who was a People's partner. There was an unexpected test that took 35 minutes. The test was fairly simple - it's main aim is to see how you would prioritise workloads in the day and your attention to details also. The test was followed with a standard competency based interview. I was offered time to ask some questions also which they answered openly. From application to interview the whole process took 2 weeks and they were really good in keeping you informed. All in all, they seemed like a great company with great culture!

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you've had to win someone over? You have various time sensitive tasks already assigned to you by your line manager. However, the HR director has requested YOU to complete a task that would mean your original tasks cannot be completed in time. What would you do?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England, England)

Interview

It was a 2 part face-to-face interview process, the first with the Online Merchandising Manager and the second with the eCommerce Director. It was an informal one-on-one chat about my previous experiences, the role specifics and what I could bring to the company/role.

Interview Questions
  • What experience and skill set do you feel you could bring to this role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England, England)

Interview

Had a phone interview and was then asked to come into the store. When I came, I waited 15 mins for the interviewer and she took me to a coffee shop and asked me basic interview questions. She then said I was going to be on the floor for an hour which was unexpected but the time I did it was very quiet and so barely any customers came in. So it was hard for me to show off to the interviewer. After my time was done, she was busy and said she'd call me back but I never got the call

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Interviews