Charles Tyrwhitt Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Charles Tyrwhitt

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

in person interview with the manager for 15-20 minutes. she described what the position entitles. what they are looking for etc. it was friendly chat, nothing too stressful, very easy

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with the ASM on a couch in the mall, after first interview, you will interview again with the Store Manager.

I stopped after the first interview because I was told during the interview:
    "Gonna be honest, you'll probably only get 10-16 hours a week at the most-get another job"
    So I ended up working at Johnston and Murphy

Interview Questions

• What is an an outfit you've worn that got you compliments?   1 Answer
    • What do you usually wear?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe your style?   1 Answer
    • What are some problems you've had when buying clothes?   1 Answer
    • Customers come in sometimes asking for the the "fat people" section, how would you answer this?   1 Answer
    • Sell me this pen.   1 Answer

22 May 2019 – Recruitment Specialist - Head Office

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your thorough feedback on the interview with our team in Houston, TX. It doesn’t sound like a Tyrwhitt experience at all, and we have already taken measures to address this.

We encourage our managers to think creatively about how to best arrange a positive experience in their markets, and this has fallen short for you. We believe that our candidate is our customer and we always want you to leave an interview with a positive experience.

With regards to the comment on how many hours you would be working, it seems this was an attempt to paint an accurate picture of the working pattern our managers are encouraged to inform, but not direct when it comes to guidance on suitability.

The questions you were asked were not the standard questions our Human Resources team have supplied to all stores, so we are going through retraining with our management team in Houston.

We do hope you have a great experience in your new role, and could welcome you as a candidate again in the future, with a much improved experience.

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt.

Interview

It was brief, and it was quick. It was spread out over time, and it was happy. I don’t know why this has a minimum of thirty words to describe the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic retail background information.   1 Answer

17 Apr 2019 – Recruitment Specialist - Head Office

Many thanks for your review, great to have you on-board!

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was really smooth, easy, and clear. It was like a regular conversation. They just ask you questions to feel you out if you're friendly and outgoing. Two managers interviewed me, and they were both nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Charles Tyrwhitt Response

22 May 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Many thanks for your feedback. We are pleased you had a positive interview experience and wish you a happy career at Charles Tyrwhitt.

Kind regards,

Team CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt in April 2013.

Interview

two interviews, ask super easy questions. They wanted to know who their competition is, what i do on a daily basis how i start my day at work. dfgsdh rggh rg dr dr rth tt t ooejrow oej ro p'tikh;

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (New York, NY (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Heard there was an opening through a friend, walked in with my CV, was interviewed immediately by Store Manager, interview lasted approximately ten minutes, asked me to explain my jobs that were on my CV, asked what did I know about the company, asked when I could start. Was hired on the spot and started the following day.

Head Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Asked to come in at 7:30am, waited in reception until someone came along as there was no one there.
    Frankly I felt it was rude and the way I was spoken to matched that, if you don’t like where someone has worked previously or where they studied then why waste their time asking them to come in as it’s clearly on my C.V.
    It was commented on twice how everyone who works there dresses appropriately so I took that as a not so subtle dig at how I was dressed. White shirt, black trousers and black smart shoes but I guess they have a standard I wasn’t made aware of. I felt spoken down to on a few occasions and that is not the way to treat someone that has come in for an interview, I didn’t do anything wrong but felt I wasn’t their ‘type of person’.
    I was asked several questions about my background and what experience I had but that was totally forgotten about as my feedback claimed I had no experience in that field and in fact I apparently refuse to do that type of work which is such a lie. I don’t know if HR just gave me some random feedback because that wasn’t what I said at all in the interview.

I left the interview and knew straightaway I wasn’t successful due to how I was spoken to and treated. I felt the person that interviewed me was a snob.

Interview Questions

Charles Tyrwhitt Response

20 Nov 2019 – Recruitment Specialist - Head Office

Dear Candidate,

Oh dear, we can't pretend this didn't hurt and we're saddened to receive such a negative review.

This really doesn't sound like a typical Tyrwhitt experience and so this is something we'd like to investigate further. If you'd feel comfortable doing so, please reach out to us at thehomeofproperjobs@ctshirts.co.uk so that we can take this forward.

Customer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (Milton Keynes, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Submit CV
    Explain why you applied to CT
    Ice breaker introducing yourself
    Team exercise to get to know everyone and see dynamics
    Data entry test
    On call test
    Interview

The whole process was fairly simple. The environment was relaxed and the interviewer was encouraging. Prepping for competency questions would suffice.

Interview Questions

Charles Tyrwhitt Response

20 Nov 2019 – Recruitment Specialist - Head Office

Thank you for your review!

Buyers Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

After applying I was invited to the assessment centre which was very competitive. The process was easy and fun but other candidates were interrupting me and others during group exercises which was really annoying. The assessment day consisted of the group exercise, few fun ice breakers and the individual interview. In the end, recruiters promised to give individual feedback which I never received.

Interview Questions

Charles Tyrwhitt Response

20 May 2019 – Recruitment Specialist - Head Office

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It seems that on the most part you enjoyed our assessment centre, so thank you for attending.

We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t receive your feedback. This was shared with the University, but we’ll investigate further to find out what happened.

Junior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Interviewed for the position, it went well, I was more than qualified. I then followed up a few days later with the recruiter, he said he would get back to me within a few days. It’s been over 6 months and I’m still yet to hear back. Highly unprofessional experience. If candidates take the time and make the effort to interview, the least you can do is respectfully turn them down.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with management not signing off your products?   Answer Question

20 May 2019 – Employee Engagement and Communications Manager

Dear Candidate,
    Oh dear, this doesn't seem like a typical ‘Tyrwhitt’ experience and we’re saddened to read your review. The candidate experience is super important to us, so it's highly unusual not to receive any feedback and can only apologise if this was the case. As I’m sure you may appreciate, at times of high volume recruitment there is a slight possibility that something could slip and it appears that on this occasion we didn’t hit the mark. For that we are truly sorry.

Thank you so much for providing this feedback as it really does help us to improve! If you would like to get in touch with your contact in the CT recruitment team we will ensure you receive feedback and an explanation as to what went wrong.

Team CT

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.