Charles Tyrwhitt Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Charles Tyrwhitt Interview Questions

Interviews at Charles Tyrwhitt

2.5

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt.

Interview

It was brief, and it was quick. It was spread out over time, and it was happy. I don’t know why this has a minimum of thirty words to describe the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic retail background information.   1 Answer

17 Apr 2019 – Recruitment Specialist - Head Office

Many thanks for your review, great to have you on-board!

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with the ASM on a couch in the mall, after first interview, you will interview again with the Store Manager.

I stopped after the first interview because I was told during the interview:
    "Gonna be honest, you'll probably only get 10-16 hours a week at the most-get another job"
    So I ended up working at Johnston and Murphy

Interview Questions

• What is an an outfit you've worn that got you compliments?   1 Answer
    • What do you usually wear?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe your style?   1 Answer
    • What are some problems you've had when buying clothes?   1 Answer
    • Customers come in sometimes asking for the the "fat people" section, how would you answer this?   1 Answer
    • Sell me this pen.   1 Answer

22 May 2019 – Recruitment Specialist - Head Office

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your thorough feedback on the interview with our team in Houston, TX. It doesn’t sound like a Tyrwhitt experience at all, and we have already taken measures to address this.

We encourage our managers to think creatively about how to best arrange a positive experience in their markets, and this has fallen short for you. We believe that our candidate is our customer and we always want you to leave an interview with a positive experience.

With regards to the comment on how many hours you would be working, it seems this was an attempt to paint an accurate picture of the working pattern our managers are encouraged to inform, but not direct when it comes to guidance on suitability.

The questions you were asked were not the standard questions our Human Resources team have supplied to all stores, so we are going through retraining with our management team in Houston.

We do hope you have a great experience in your new role, and could welcome you as a candidate again in the future, with a much improved experience.

Best Wishes

Team CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt in April 2013.

Interview

two interviews, ask super easy questions. They wanted to know who their competition is, what i do on a daily basis how i start my day at work. dfgsdh rggh rg dr dr rth tt t ooejrow oej ro p'tikh;

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was really smooth, easy, and clear. It was like a regular conversation. They just ask you questions to feel you out if you're friendly and outgoing. Two managers interviewed me, and they were both nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Charles Tyrwhitt Response

22 May 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Many thanks for your feedback. We are pleased you had a positive interview experience and wish you a happy career at Charles Tyrwhitt.

Kind regards,

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (New York, NY (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Heard there was an opening through a friend, walked in with my CV, was interviewed immediately by Store Manager, interview lasted approximately ten minutes, asked me to explain my jobs that were on my CV, asked what did I know about the company, asked when I could start. Was hired on the spot and started the following day.

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England) in June 2013.

Interview

I arrived on time. I was left in reception for 45 minutes as HR had forgotten about interview. The girl came back eventually and made no efforts to be sorry about the wait.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a sample was rejected but you were under pressure to get the stock in as soon as possible on a best seller?   Answer Question
    • Do you manage a critical path?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

The company didn't feel right. Bad reviews.

Junior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Interviewed for the position, it went well, I was more than qualified. I then followed up a few days later with the recruiter, he said he would get back to me within a few days. It’s been over 6 months and I’m still yet to hear back. Highly unprofessional experience. If candidates take the time and make the effort to interview, the least you can do is respectfully turn them down.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with management not signing off your products?   Answer Question

20 May 2019 – Employee Engagement and Communications Manager

Dear Candidate,
    Oh dear, this doesn't seem like a typical ‘Tyrwhitt’ experience and we’re saddened to read your review. The candidate experience is super important to us, so it's highly unusual not to receive any feedback and can only apologise if this was the case. As I’m sure you may appreciate, at times of high volume recruitment there is a slight possibility that something could slip and it appears that on this occasion we didn’t hit the mark. For that we are truly sorry.

Thank you so much for providing this feedback as it really does help us to improve! If you would like to get in touch with your contact in the CT recruitment team we will ensure you receive feedback and an explanation as to what went wrong.

Best Wishes

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process may be specific to the role of IT Analyst.

1. A face-to-face interview.
    2. A personality and reasoning test.
    3. A final face-to-face interview.

The job specification was clear.

Interview #1 was to assess technical capabilities, and personality fit. Interviewed by the supervisor, and their supervisor. Professional, and very pleasant.

The personality and reasoning test is submitted online.

Interview #2 was to assess leadership qualities. Interviewed by the 3rd level supervisor, who enjoyed sharing his clear and definite ideas about those he had previously sacked. Strong stuff.

The company decision was made, and given within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• The opening question: "I have no idea what a tester does: what do they do?"

Reason for being unexpected.
      1. The interviewer holds a very senior position.
      2. The candidate is being interviewed for a different position.   1 Answer

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line and had a two stage interview process. The process from the interview to the offer stage took around 3 weeks. I was communicated very clearly throughout the process and it was very efficient.

The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming and clearly highlighted what the expectations of my role was and the current challenges. I met with other colleagues on the same day and had the opportunity to find more about their role and ask any questions I had. It was a very pleasant experience. They informed me if I was successful I would be invited for the second stage interview which took place a week after. As I was travelling in between, they made sure to accommodate my interview at the time I was in London. After each stage of the interview I was communicated clearly through either e-mail or phone call to highlight the time frame and when to expect the outcome of the decision, which as a candidate was very important for me and it made my experience of interviewing at Charles Tyrwhitt very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• They asked me competency based questions which was relevant to the role I was applying for.   Answer Question

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

2 stage interview process. First with the Talent Manager, second with the Retail Director. The process in total took around 10 days with excellent communication throughout! I contacted CT directly and applied online also, I had great communication from all people I spoke/met with. Despite my background and experience coming from a different angle, I was listened to, understood and considered. I over-prepared as I knew it was a role and business I wanted to work with, and this was well received. Everything was on time and i was made to feel very comfortable during the interviews themselves.

Interview Questions

• You have experience which could be well considered for other roles in our business, why are we considering you for this role?   1 Answer

9 Jan 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a great experience and trust that you are enjoying your role.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.