Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron Phillips Chemical

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Pretty behavioral based. Some technIcal accounting questions. Process only took about a month from first interview to offer. Compensation was not as competitive as other oil and gas companies. Benefits were great.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to see on Chevron Phillips balance sheet?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Port Arthur, TX (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

First, through my school's career fair. The first interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. It lasted about 20 minutes. She asked about my resume, but nothing "interview-like questions" at first. Just wanted to get to know me. Later that that night I received a follow up call for an interview the following day. That one was scheduled through Microsoft teams. There were two other people from different locations.

Interview Questions

• lasted about 45 minutes. They asked about teamwork teamwork-like questions (In a situation i had to take control and find a solution) and a time i was in a position that lead me to make something more efficient than it originally was. There was a total of 4 or 5 questions, not many technical, more about the type of person you are and what you can bring to the company.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

It was a standard behavioral interview. Really great and personable recruiting team (2 or 3 interviewers were present). It was easy to have a conversation with them. The questions were pretty standard and the recruiters seemed to want you to succeed and asked relevant follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you solved a conflict between two team members and what was the final result of your actions?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

There was two interviews. The first came right after the career fair that was about 20-30 min. The next came the following week with a group that lasted about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you disagreed with a team member? and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2020.

Interview

Spoke to them at school career fair, they contacted me the night of and I had the interview the next morning. It was a behavioral interview, 30 mins with a university alum

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CPChem?
      Tell me about a time when you didn't have enough information to complete a task, what did you do?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

Behavioral based questions, questions and answer section, get to know each other. Here are 30 more words about the interview process because you require it for some reason. And I am still short so here are a few more words. Enjoy.

Interview Questions

• Name a conflict you had with a fellow employee or team member and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Interview

Interview flowed well and is pretty much a standard process.
    Interviewed by a panel made up of several departments.
    Interview was job specific and knowledge questions
    Safety is a big component.

Interview Questions

• What level of experience and how did you obtain that experience   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions, best to use STAR Format to answer them. The technical questions were not difficult as they knew we were fresh college grads. They did however ask more interesting/fun questions that you might not expect in an average interview.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Baytown, TX (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

There was an onsite site mechanical and behavior test. Once passed there was a Cobra Test. Once passed there was only 1 interview with 1 HR person and 3 other employees (panel interview). Once you pass the panel interview next is the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to work as a team to accomplished a goal.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The initial process was pretty easy, I applied online and received an email back pretty quickly asking me to schedule myself for a phone screen. I scheduled the call and spoke with the TA Manager. The interview took no time at all, she was not personable and seemed to just rush through the interview. If you are going to work in a department to recruit people to work for your company then you should probably be a little more personable.

I still have not received any kind of follow up, whether it's to move forward or to say thank you for your time but we are going a different direction. She ended the call stating they would be doing final interviews at the end of June, it is now July...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you improved a process   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure that candidates have a great experience through the recruiting process   Answer Question

Chevron Phillips Chemical Response

12 Aug 2019 – Public Affairs

Thank you for your feedback and your interest in joining Chevron Phillips Chemical. Although we try to update candidates throughout the interview process, sometimes we experience unexpected delays that causes us to send feedback later than planned. We continue to improve and build on our processes through feedback like yours.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.