Direct Line Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Direct Line Group Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jul 2018

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Dickson, TN (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

The initial contact was via online application. From that point it involved a 1:1 with the owner-president and then followed by a 1:1 with the VP of sales.

Both meetings took approximately 90 minutes and were followed up with additional interviews that were similar. There were no skills tests or background investigations prior to the offer. I confirmed that information from my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• How will you ensure the sales staff stays on target with production?   Answer Question
    • You'll be essentially a project manager for our largest customer who's onsite. How comfortable are you with external management and daily, high, customer demands?   Answer Question

Very disorganized. The owner was more interested in wanting to know what others thought about him (in a negative way) and the VP of sales was difficult to get any feedback from (a salesperson, yep, right).

All in all the environment needed major overhauls and the good ol' boy mentality of paying management more rather than spreading pay to improve a structure was in play. They both openly spoke negatively about their entire staff's compentency and the future of the company.

I have sympathy for employees working there and they have no idea......

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England) in March 2017.

Interview

From application to scheduling an interview took 30 days. And getting feed back took 39 days. Not exactly a dynamic and fast moving place. Competency style interview, using scripts. Initial chat went well, but once the interviewer started using the script it become bland and rather boring. No attempt made to sell the company/offering or opportunities the role would bring. I did wonder why I bothered applying.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, but the "fun" went out of the interview with the scripted questions.   1 Answer

28 Apr 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

We're sorry to hear you have not had the best experience during our recruitment process. We are always looking for ways to improve and your comments will be taken on board.

Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Line Group in March 2012.

Interview

The first contact was a phone interview (I had been referred to the job) with the head of the department where he told me about the opportunities and asked general CV questions.

This was followed by one day of 1:1 personal interviews with the head of the department and 3 strategy managers. The first interview was a recap on the company and plans for the future, the second interview was a deep-dive on the CV (e.g., detail what you did here and there, outcomes, responsibilities), third a case study with typical consulting questions (e.g., number of phone booths in UK, a company XYZ is planning to invest X Million - is that a good idea? detail the thought process and do so quick calculations), the fourth was more of a Q&A session but didn't seem to have much purpose to be honest (probably a red flag there!)

I was asked to wait for 2-3 weeks before getting their final answer (no offer), I guess they were probably comparing candidates during that time.

Overall, I had a good feeling about the team (15-20 people) and the company. Everybody seemed very nice, engaged, and interested in continuing to develop the company as they split from RBS. The office has a canteen and the location is good (Bromley, 15-20min from London, 1stop by strain). On the flip side, I felt the roles were not clear for the strategy team members - everybody doing a bit of everything, in a pool environment -, and there didn't seem to be any women around (other than secretaries arranging for the meetings).

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Leeds, England) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview is a telephone interview. Questions such as : tell me about yourself: strength:weaknesses:why do you want to work here: why should we employ you
    Second interview- Taken into a room where it was just me and my team leader, asked me questions such as: why should we employ you: a lot of behavioural questions aswell all relating to the values.
    Then was taken into a room with other people and did a team exersice

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of where you shared info with other people in a team   1 Answer

7 Sep 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Direct Line Group, we really appreciate it.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Birmingham, England) in March 2016.

Interview

I Initially applied online submitting my cv. I was the called for a telephone interview, which I passed and was finally invited for a face to face interview. The process itself took around 1 month from initially submitting the cv. After the phone interview things progressed quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best customer service you received

Describe the worst customer service you received

What do you know about the DLG brand

Face to face

What value will you add to the position
      What is negligence

The rest of the questions are scenario based

What would you do if your colleague isn't performing   1 Answer

9 Aug 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding our recruitment process.

Claims Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group.

Interview

After submitting an application online I was notified by email that my application was successful and that I am invited to partake in a telephone interview.
    The Interiviewer was great; very friendly, polite and profesional.
    The interview was competency based and asked of examples when dealing with difficult customer, when you've been set targets a to meet, when you've recieved good customer service and why was it good service

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Direct Line Group?   1 Answer

30 Jan 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to review our recruitment process. We love to see that you've had a great experience with us!

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by Face-to-face interview, which included a role-play exercise. Prepare well for the interviews by researching Direct Line's values and brands, and the process is a lot more enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

29 Dec 2016 – Recruitment Marketing Manager

Fantastic to hear about your experience at Direct Line Group. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Manchester, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was informal and mainly centred around the company values shown on the website, then some technical questions. Interviewers were relaxed and friendly, which made the interview a less nerve racking and more pleasant experience. From interview to offer the process took 6 weeks which was too long in my opinion, not sure if this is usual practice but if so candidates will potentially accept offers elsewhere

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have had to reach a challenging target and how you went about achieving this   Answer Question

13 Apr 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding our recruitment process. We are always looking for ways to improve and your comments will be taken on board.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England) in July 2016.

Interview

The graduate process was quite extensive. I started with a standard online application through a graduate job website, followed with some online testing and then was invited to go to a Direct Line Group office. At the office I undertook a group task, followed by an individual task (the most challenging but rewarding) and then I had an interview with two interviewers. The interview was very much competency based, pulling from past experiences. Overall, everyone was very welcoming at the office and made you feel comfortable as opposed to other interviews I have been to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change someone's opinion / convince them?   Answer Question

10 May 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group.

Interview

There was an initial telephone interview, and then an assessment centre. The staff at the assessment centre were really friendly, and went out of their way to make sure that you were comfortable. The entire process felt very organised and punctual. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and the questions they asked were fair and balanced. They also went out of their way to make sure you were as prepared as possible, and in a good position to put your best foot forward - I would recommend applying to anyone!

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

23 Nov 2016 – Recruitment Marketing Manager

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.