Direct Line Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Direct Line Group

1. Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (London, England).

Interview

I was contacted through an agent. I was asked to do a presentation and attend an hour interview. Hiring managers were friendly and gave a presentation before starting. They were long term employees so this left me with a positive impression. They did read the CV and ask questions from that. It was light hearted but covered many PM issues.

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England) in March 2017.

Interview

From application to scheduling an interview took 30 days. And getting feed back took 39 days. Not exactly a dynamic and fast moving place. Competency style interview, using scripts. Initial chat went well, but once the interviewer started using the script it become bland and rather boring. No attempt made to sell the company/offering or opportunities the role would bring. I did wonder why I bothered applying.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, but the "fun" went out of the interview with the scripted questions.   1 Answer

28 Apr 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

We're sorry to hear you have not had the best experience during our recruitment process. We are always looking for ways to improve and your comments will be taken on board.

Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Line Group in March 2012.

Interview

The first contact was a phone interview (I had been referred to the job) with the head of the department where he told me about the opportunities and asked general CV questions.

This was followed by one day of 1:1 personal interviews with the head of the department and 3 strategy managers. The first interview was a recap on the company and plans for the future, the second interview was a deep-dive on the CV (e.g., detail what you did here and there, outcomes, responsibilities), third a case study with typical consulting questions (e.g., number of phone booths in UK, a company XYZ is planning to invest X Million - is that a good idea? detail the thought process and do so quick calculations), the fourth was more of a Q&A session but didn't seem to have much purpose to be honest (probably a red flag there!)

I was asked to wait for 2-3 weeks before getting their final answer (no offer), I guess they were probably comparing candidates during that time.

Overall, I had a good feeling about the team (15-20 people) and the company. Everybody seemed very nice, engaged, and interested in continuing to develop the company as they split from RBS. The office has a canteen and the location is good (Bromley, 15-20min from London, 1stop by strain). On the flip side, I felt the roles were not clear for the strategy team members - everybody doing a bit of everything, in a pool environment -, and there didn't seem to be any women around (other than secretaries arranging for the meetings).

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Briefly gone through my CV and started with my last recent employment and went through in detailed. Overall very good atmosphere and the interviewer was makes you relaxed so was ok.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about your current role or day to day job .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Leeds, England) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview is a telephone interview. Questions such as : tell me about yourself: strength:weaknesses:why do you want to work here: why should we employ you
    Second interview- Taken into a room where it was just me and my team leader, asked me questions such as: why should we employ you: a lot of behavioural questions aswell all relating to the values.
    Then was taken into a room with other people and did a team exersice

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of where you shared info with other people in a team   1 Answer

7 Sep 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Direct Line Group, we really appreciate it.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Birmingham, England) in March 2016.

Interview

I Initially applied online submitting my cv. I was the called for a telephone interview, which I passed and was finally invited for a face to face interview. The process itself took around 1 month from initially submitting the cv. After the phone interview things progressed quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best customer service you received

Describe the worst customer service you received

What do you know about the DLG brand

Face to face

What value will you add to the position
      What is negligence

The rest of the questions are scenario based

What would you do if your colleague isn't performing   1 Answer

9 Aug 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding our recruitment process.

Claims Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group.

Interview

After submitting an application online I was notified by email that my application was successful and that I am invited to partake in a telephone interview.
    The Interiviewer was great; very friendly, polite and profesional.
    The interview was competency based and asked of examples when dealing with difficult customer, when you've been set targets a to meet, when you've recieved good customer service and why was it good service

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Direct Line Group?   1 Answer

30 Jan 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to review our recruitment process. We love to see that you've had a great experience with us!

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Manchester, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was informal and mainly centred around the company values shown on the website, then some technical questions. Interviewers were relaxed and friendly, which made the interview a less nerve racking and more pleasant experience. From interview to offer the process took 6 weeks which was too long in my opinion, not sure if this is usual practice but if so candidates will potentially accept offers elsewhere

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have had to reach a challenging target and how you went about achieving this   Answer Question

13 Apr 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding our recruitment process. We are always looking for ways to improve and your comments will be taken on board.

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by Face-to-face interview, which included a role-play exercise. Prepare well for the interviews by researching Direct Line's values and brands, and the process is a lot more enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

29 Dec 2016 – Recruitment Marketing Manager

Fantastic to hear about your experience at Direct Line Group. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Glasgow, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

Was a pleasant experience. Although it was an interview and I was nervous I was made to feel very comfortable. Started off by talking about the role and then went onto behavioural questions which go in hand with their values. Asked a couple of questions that you didn't need to know the answer too, just to gauge how much you know about the sector (ie what does negligence mean). Finally finished with role play where you had to pretend you were on the phone to a customer.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well under pressure?   1 Answer

6 Feb 2018 – Specialist Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for your great review! We always aim to provide candidates with a great experience of our recruitment process, so it’s wonderful to hear your positive feedback!

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online, heard back very quickly and was booked in for a telephone interview. The telephone interview lasted about 20 minutes and the questions the lady asked were "short term and long term goals working within the company, give a time when I received good customer service, name a time where I struggled to meet a target and what were the actions I took, why did I choose to work at Direct line over there competitors" I was told after my interview was done that I had passed that stage and was invited for a face to face interview, they offered me an interview for the next day however I could not attend so the next available slot was 3 weeks later. I was quite nervous for the interview however the lady who interviewed me was very nice, there was also another lady who wrote down what I said. The face to face interview lasted around 1 hour and a half but was mostly the lady talking about what work benefits and filling out paper work. She then went on to ask a few questions relating to their values, I think the questions covered 3 values which were team work, aim higher and say it like it is. They also asked questions relating to the role that you didn't need to know the answer to, for example "a customer calls and his car has been stolen, what questions would you ask the customer about this situation" I answered everything well and felt confident about that part of the interview but once that part was finished there was a role play exercise, which I'd never carried out at an interview before so was very worried. I was left in the room alone to read over a brief for 10 minutes, the lady then came back and showed me to a computer with a headset and telephone and she called me from another phone pretending to be a customer who had been in a crash. When the phone call was finished I was left for a further few minutes to make notes, I made a few mistakes so I wrote them down on my brief so they would know when looking over it that I had picked up on these mistakes. I was told I'd hear either by the next day (which was Friday) or Monday at the latest however a few hours later I received a call from a lady at HR saying I had been successful.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term and short term goals for working in the company?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to investigate to solve a problem? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.