Direct Line Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Direct Line Group Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jan 2018

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Dickson, TN (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

The initial contact was via online application. From that point it involved a 1:1 with the owner-president and then followed by a 1:1 with the VP of sales.

Both meetings took approximately 90 minutes and were followed up with additional interviews that were similar. There were no skills tests or background investigations prior to the offer. I confirmed that information from my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• How will you ensure the sales staff stays on target with production?   Answer Question
    • You'll be essentially a project manager for our largest customer who's onsite. How comfortable are you with external management and daily, high, customer demands?   Answer Question

Very disorganized. The owner was more interested in wanting to know what others thought about him (in a negative way) and the VP of sales was difficult to get any feedback from (a salesperson, yep, right).

All in all the environment needed major overhauls and the good ol' boy mentality of paying management more rather than spreading pay to improve a structure was in play. They both openly spoke negatively about their entire staff's compentency and the future of the company.

I have sympathy for employees working there and they have no idea......

Home Claims Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England).

Interview

Online application form and then a face to face interview. Interviewer was a team leader and a senior claims handler so it was nice to get to know who I would be working with on a day to day basis. All references and background checks have to be completed before they give you a start date (strict on this).

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you had to manage multiple priorities?   Answer Question

27 Nov 2017 – Specialist Recruitment Consultant

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Direct Line Group, we really appreciate it.

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Doncaster, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and simple the company were very helpful and explained everything. They made the process easy for me .they made me.feel relaxed and at ease. It was clear they valued me from the start which made me feel wanted and appreciated

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

21 Nov 2017 – Specialist Recruitment Consultant

Fantastic to hear about your interview experience at Direct Line Group. Thank you for taking the time to review us!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Leeds, England) in November 2017.

Interview

telephone interview advised i had got through to the next stage, attended seemed to go ok, was advised i would hear by the weekend, didnt hear anything, i emailed phone no responses, called again to be told no record on the system of me, emailed again got a phone call from the recruitment but could not advise what i failed on the interview, but had another job in a different dept but needed to do another interview but would call me back, no call back so i emailed again he did call back was on his way out for a night out not very professional this was the Thursday, got an email at 1705 on the Friday inviting me for an interview Monday am which was too short notice to get time off my current job all in all my reviews of this co are not professional at all

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

23 Nov 2017 – Specialist Recruitment Consultant

We’re sorry to hear you have not had the best experience during our recruitment process. We are always looking for ways to improve and your comments will be taken on board.

Operations Communications Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Leeds, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Completed an online application via the Direct Line company site. Was called by a recruiter about 20 days later asking me to go in for an interview. Had to call the recruiter back a few days later as they never actually emailed me to the details of where to go or who would be conducting the interview.
    Interview was quite relaxed. Mainly questions around their company values and how they would correspond with the role. Approximately 45 minutes.
    After the interview I did not hear anything. Emailed to enquire and was still ignored. Really poor. Saw the job was relisted on the company website.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you helped bring about an improvement at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you managed multiple responsibilities   Answer Question

8 Dec 2017 – Specialist Recruitment Consultant

We’re sorry to hear you haven’t had a positive recruitment experience with us. We take all feedback seriously, and we will pass your comments onto our HR department.

Debt Claims Handler Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bromley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a telephone interview followed by a face-to-face group exercise then an interview.
    The group exercise consisted of a scenario in which each candidate had to contribute and to come up with a conclusion.

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

21 Nov 2017 – Specialist Recruitment Consultant

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Direct Line Group, we really appreciate it!

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group.

Interview

First it was the telephone interview. All they ask if some background info about you and copetancy questions. After I found out I got that I was invited to the assessment centre. There got some information about the job role and company. Most questions are competancy again about their values. After this you have to do a scenario based question about keeping a customer from leaving the company which is very straight forward.

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

Apprentice Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Leeds, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward interview process, telephone interview offered after application followed by face-to-face interview and group exercise. All interviewers were very friendly and approachable (over the phone and in branch). Face-to-face interview was relaxed and not as formal as expected. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based around the company's values (these can be found on their website). The interviewer was looking for examples of situations in which you had used these values. Interviewer didn't expect masses of information just brief examples.   Answer Question
    • Questions were informal, focussed on finding out more about you as a person rather than as a candidate.   Answer Question

11 Sep 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Sales and Service Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Leeds, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Firstly after successfully completing the online assessments I got a telephone interview 1 week later. The telephone interview was great, line was a bit quite but didn't really effect the flow of the interview, had to keep asking the interviewer to repeat himself but he understood why. It was a basic interview that had some standard interview questions that you would expect and also a couple of STAR based questions that, if you do your research, are pretty easy to answer. Waited for a little while after my interview to see if i was successful, once i found out i was successful the interviewer gave me some really great tips that helped me prepare for my face to face interview.

The face to face interview happened a week after my phone interview and it was nothing how i expected it to be (in a good way). It was very relaxed I was in a group of 4 and we started the day with a group activity, was very simple and easy to talk about, the group i was in were very helpful as we all helped each other talk and get our thoughts in so nobody was left out. Then came the interview, i was with 2 very nice people and the interview overall was very relaxed and was almost like a conversation. Just questions learning about what kind of person you are, what you have done in the past and what interests you in the business. They then asked a few questions about their values and how you have used them in your life before. So long as you do your revision you should be fine.
    Overall it was a very fun and relaxed interview process, really enjoyed it and i am looking forward to starting with the company.

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

21 Nov 2017 – Specialist Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to review our recruitment process. We love to see that you’ve had a great experience with us!

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bristol, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by email a couple of days later for a telephone interview. I passed the telephone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face interview and role play assessment which was 2 weeks later. I was asked a lot of competency based questions as well as describing what I did in previous employments. I had to do a role play based on some information that I was given ten minutes to read.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you haven't met a target and what you would do next time to make sure you do.   Answer Question

21 Nov 2017 – Specialist Recruitment Consultant

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.