Direct Line Group Reviews

Found 579 of over 851 reviews

3.7
Direct Line Group CEO Penny James
Penny James
Pros
  • "There's a heavy emphasis on well-being and work-life balance(in 58 reviews)

• "They also offer very good benefits and really look after their staff(in 54 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Location is not central London (Bromley)(in 32 reviews)

• "Quite a few team leaders focussed on their bonus than the wellbeing of their staff(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Fantastic place to work

5 Feb 2021 - Data Analyst in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company genuinely cares about their people and their customers. It is a friendly place to work and I feel like I can be myself. There is a great sense of energy and enthusiasm, and you have the freedom to approach tasks creatively.

Cons

There have been a lot of new systems introduced over the last ten years, so sometimes things get complicated and messy. We all pull together though to work through things.

2. 5.0

Fantastic people

14 Jun 2021 - Business Excellence in Doncaster, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recently I have been through a really tough time as multiple live events all came at once such as married, funeral for family member, interview for a new exciting role and my dog has had puppies. Throughout this I couldn't have asked for more support and management who listen. Excellent place to work for the last 13 years looking forward to the next 13!!!

Cons

It can be tough working from home however company is doing everything it can to allow office work to more people when its safe to do so.

Recruitment Marketing Consultant

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience at DLG! Great to hear you've got great support from the team... here is to the next 13 years!!! :)

3. 2.0

Not what it used to be

15 Jun 2021 - Chief Customer Officer in Doncaster, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary 50% discounts on motor, home, pet and travel insurance. Free car breakdown cover Fully paid Christmas party with themes Ability to buy holiday (not this year due to covid)

Cons

Unsociable shift patterns. Our team have had 2 weekends off in 2021, and cannot book a weekend off until November. Ineffective support around mental health and general wellbeing Face fit culture for development As a male you aren't taken seriously when raising concerns about health or harassment Meetings and off the phone time scrapped due to over working and under staff.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

I could not praise this company enough for their support over the last year

14 Jun 2021 - Team Leader in Doncaster, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked as part of Doncaster centre now coming on 10 year in that time I have had several roles worked in multiple department and 100s of different people. The pay for what I do is fair, The opportunity to learn skills that will help you in and out of work is always present for those wanting to push themselves. Since the pandemic hit I went from liking to work for DLG to being proud to work for DLG. they have kept me able to work the entire period since march last year providing time, flexibility and full pay. I even got my bonus. in addition to this I was also amazed to see they had supported local charities with millions of pounds worth of aid and resources over a variety of different charity groups! I work for a fair and reasonable boss and centre manager and i know where I stand and feel my opinion is valued. I joined DLG as many others did a short term role whilst I decided what I wanted to do. 10 years later I am focused and committed to my career at DLG. Penny our CEO has clear vison that is taking us forward in this ever changing world and if you want to work for a company that it innovative and not afraid to stand out and try something different. This company cares, about it customers and its people!!!!

Cons

Personally not really an issue for me, but there is not really a standard 9-5 Monday - Friday role but there is a variety of shift options you can do. Currently moving to a hybrid way of working from the office and from home, which means we are still learning what good looks like.

Recruitment Marketing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review :)

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Downhill fast

28 Apr 2021 - Customer Service in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, good benefits and working from home

Cons

The problem with DLG is the lack of care for the people working at the bottom on the phones, so many targets that contradict themselves they want you to give the best service yet not be on calls to long, they want you to pass audits but you are targeted on hold time (why is this a target if you need to check something with management or warm transfer to another department to do the right thing for the customer why are we penalised for it?) the amount of stress and pressure on consultants at the moment is unbelievable multiple people are off sick with stress and or depression due to constantly been threatened with performance reviews for not hitting targets. Progression is second to none unless you are friends with management no off phone time to learn new skills to progress and all team meetings, huddles and independent learning sessions are pulled due to high call volumes constantly yet the company has made redundancy’s to cost cut? Don’t send out emails about wellbeing when your staff are worked to the ground with no break from it! It’s not just me who feels this way everyone in my department does and it’s such a shame it was not like this when I started working for DLG years ago!

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate you sharing such honest feedback. Your wellbeing is really important to us and we'd encourage you to reach out for support resolving the issues you've raised. In the first instance please discuss with your manager but if you feel you're unable to discuss this with them directly you can always get in touch with the HR team or your local ERB rep who can help.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good job that helped through lockdown

22 Feb 2021 - Claims Handler in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good schedule of work hours Good atmosphere and people tried to make you as welcome as they could working from home Adjusted well to working from home, not easy to on board new starters but coped well Good use of SME's (subject matter experts), who helped me as much as they could when they could

Cons

Not enough training in different situations- Think a lot of the training in the past was obviously office based but a lot of the scenarios were what would be easy to deal with claims Should have been more opportunity to listen in on previous calls to see how to handle a variety of customers/situations I think working from home made it 10x harder than it would have been in the office. I have no qualms about working from home in the current situation but it's incredibly hard to learn a new role from home without the chance to socialise with co-workers on a face to face level and it sometimes left you feeling a little trapped and on your own, especially at first dealing with difficult customers it could be pretty relentless, but this isn't really something the company could help so it's not really their fault as such.

Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for your review. You've made some useful points for us to consider as we look to constantly improve our remote onboarding and training.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing

8 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and flexibility. They treat staff very well with benefits

Cons

Nothing. They have always been loyal and out there staff first.

8. 4.0

Good company - great culture

8 Jun 2021 - Head of Risk Reporting & Framework in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life balance Good culture Really cares about staff and customers

Cons

Decisions are not taken quickly.

Recruitment Marketing Consultant

Thanks for leaving your review

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good to be at DLG

25 May 2021 - Truck Driver in Peterborough, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is always on the front foot, looking for advancement in all fields. The work atmosphere is mostly friendly and relaxed. Cheaper insurance policies that specifically benefits DLG staff.

Cons

some of the advanced technology, that's been introduced, could have benefitted with more trials before putting them to work.

Recruitment Consultant

Thank you very much for leaving a review.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Answer telephone calls from new and existing customers

6 Jun 2021 - Sales Associate in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great work invironment, constant trainning

Cons

target focus, which can be a bit stressful at times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 579 Reviews