G-Research Software Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G-Research Software Development Interview Questions

Interviews at G-Research

3.5

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in November 2014.

Interview

First round: Written test (general CS knowledge), then a group project with the other 2 applicants that were there. Then, if you have passed the test, you go on for 3 technical interviews with software engineers of the company.
Few days later the first round you'll receive feedback on whether or not you managed to pass the first round, and in case you did, you are then invited for a second round of interviews with the team managers and the CTO.
All the interviews are strongly based on algorithmic questions, apart from the one with the CTO which is more a behavioural one.

Interview Questions

• I have signed a NDA agreement.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for G-Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through agency. Got request for online test quite early on. No communication directly from G-Research.

Online HackerRank test. Was very difficult given seven questions in seventy mins, so ten mins each. The level of difficulty on the coding questions was high. I only missed one yet didn't pass. So looks like you have to pass them all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

I took the test before and passed it. It is exactly same test but now i failed. Probably an internee was checking it as it did not mark any questions but only put marks which was 50%.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I applied online by posting my CV, then had an on-site written exam which is quite basic, and multiple interviews asking questions about algorithms, systems, etc.
    There is also a lunch with new employees who can tell you more about the jobs you are applying for.
    Everyone was nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question for me was to explain my motivations; why I wanted to work in finance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in October 2013.

Interview

The human interaction is a minimum, their office is eerily empty and silent. Apart from the interviewer and the receptionist, I could see only one man who wore sneakers and shorts (in October). It's definitely a bad idea to dress up for this interview.

First they took my bag and my mobile, then they had me sign an NDA, so I can't go into details. The interviewer sat me in a room with a pile of problems, then he came back after 60 minutes, checked my solutions and just told me to go away because I couldn't finish. The questions were not really difficult, it's the time that was too short.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, then I was invited for an on-site interview comprising a preliminary written test. Given the fact that I can't reveal specific questions, I will give you a generic - yet useful in my opinion - piece of advice: do your homework very well, review fundamental Computer Science topics, and be prepared to provide the solution in a short time and with reasonable accuracy. Don't get stuck, keep making progress towards the solution, stay cold and focussed. I got rejected after passing the written test because I panicked under pressure during the subsequent interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied to Glocester through an recruitment agency

Interview Questions

• The only interaction was 'Java, C++ or C#?' and after that I started the test. Once I finished the test they invited me to go away   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England).

Interview

First round A one hour test, followed by 6 twenty minutes interviews with team manager
    Second round 4-6 one hour interviews with team member, managers and senior manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview start with a one hour written exam covered both general computer questions and programming skills. After successfully passing the written, there is six-round face to face technical interview each lasts 20 minutes. I failed at this round.

Interview Questions

• Most question are problem solving and open. There might be no unique correct answers. The key point is to formalize the question by interacting with interviewers as much as you can.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in February 2012.

Interview

They immediately replied to my application and offered the opportunity to visit their premises for a skills test.
    This was an one off test, which means that failing to get their standards does not give a second opportunity.
    Very friendly environment, great and intelligent people, though were looking for something else, with more ability to write very efficient code. The company's culture though seems really interesting.

Interview Questions

• Due to information disclosure signed, I am unable to give more information about the test taken.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.