Hiscox Insurance Expert Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hiscox Insurance Expert Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

3.2

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Very forward thinking. Not like other interviews I have attended. An assessment day which was engaging and not intimidating. The relaxed atmosphere lets you be at your best. Great idea for those interviewing you not to see your CV as there is no pre-conceived judgements/ opinions where you used to work and your level of experience, and you can better talk about yourself to them as its all new information.

Interview Questions

• There were general questions but was much more conversational then formal.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hiscox

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in February 2016.

Interview

The step by step process into Hiscox began with a telephone interview, online test and finally an assessment centre at the beautiful new Hiscox building in York. All aspects of this process were clearly explained and 'positive' scoring is encouraged. HR are refreshingly honest and friendly - open to any queries and are quick to give advice if required.
    The assessment centre gives a genuine outlook of what it is like to work at Hiscox. There is a formal interview but this was conducted in a relaxed manner and again positively scored. This was followed by a sales call scenario, group exercise and a 15 minute test to obtain information from a business Policy. As with any interview/ assessment centre, it can be a daunting experience but current staff members and the HR manager make sure everything is fully explained and maintain a relaxed yet professional stance.
    One thing which struck me - was how the current Insurance experts are actively involved in the assessment centre and offer a great deal of their personal insight to the company from a realistic point of view.
    HR stay true to word and contact hopefuls when they say they will and the prospect of constructive feedback (something Hiscox feel strongly about) is offered.

Interview Questions

• Competency questions giving interviewee opportunity to showcase previous scenarios they have dealt with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Welcomed with water and soft drinks before being introduced to the HR team.
    I was part of a group of around 12 people to be interviewed we were taken away individually and took part in a mock call with a team leader within the company, this call was not related to insurance and was straight forward.
    We were then taken away individually again and interviewed, mine was with the head of commercial.
    After this we were split into 2 groups, each group was given a fun scenario/task. This was extremely well thought out and it was fun.
    This ended the assessment centre with a relaxed vibe and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
    The recruiters/HR are a credit to the company and are so friendly.
    This is a tough interview process but the people in Hiscox make you feel as ease constantly.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you have turned a complaint around   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview is a 3 hour assessment centre comprising of a competence interview, dummy sales call, checking test and group exercise.
    From the start the H.R. team and other assessors did their best to put everyone at ease and generated a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you brought someone round to your way of thinking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England).

Interview

The application and assessment process is as follows:

Firstly you can find available jobs on the online portal here you can select a job fill in an application form and attach your cv.

After this there is a short phone interview and some simple online aptitude tests for maths and English comprehension.

If you get through those stages you are invited to an assessment centre on a set date.

The assessment centre is comprised of 4 parts, a listen along with a current member of staff, a mock phone call, a competency interview and a teamwork excersize which is quite fun!

Interview Questions

• The formal "competency interview" is comprised of questions focused on general skills required for the role, you are asked to give examples of times when you have used these skills in previous jobs or other contexts and to give specific examples.

For the mock call you are given 15 minutes to read some information and then make a phone call based on this.

I imagine the teamwork section varies from group to group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was easy, involved a phone interview, SHL testing and assessment centre. The assessment centre was really fun and all the staff were really friendly! There was a group of around 6 the day had 4 sections.

Firstly we sat down with the team so we could understand the role and the environment. Followed by a mock sales call which was much less stressful than I anticipated.

I was then interviewed by two members of the Hiscox team, general competency and personality based questions.

Lastly we had a group activity that was really fun and challenged our team work and strategic thinking.

James, Urszula and the entire Hiscox team were friendly and encouraging. Everyone seemed to genuinely enjoy their job and couldn’t sing the companies praises enough.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Give an example of how you’ve worked in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Intense process!! First is a telephone interview then online English and maths tests which make you realise how much you have forgotten since school. Next is the assessment centre with a team exercise, speed interview and mock call. The recruiters are there all the way through making you feel at ease and it’s such a fantastic environment!

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy however well worth each part, they're thorough in understanding their applicants however selection is easy and I found many of those who applied for the job received an offer

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.