Hiscox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hiscox Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jul 2018

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hiscox in June 2017.

Interview

Attended the assesment day having passed through the initial telephone interview and online assesments. Arrived at 8.45 for a 9.00 start and was made to feel welcome and at ease right from the off! Amazing experience, felt very comfortable and was made to feel welcome and relaxed! 4 stages of the asseament day consisted of
    - Interview for 30 mins with senior members of Hiscox. Although this was an interview i really didnt feel like a normal serious interview and was brilliantly conducted and made u feel at ease.
    - Mock call
    - Checkings test
    - Team exercise

Finished the assesment day at roughly 12pm and was told that we would hear back before 5pm the same day as to wether we were successful or not. I got a phone call at 1pm with the great news that i had been accepted and was offered the job! Fantastic day and experience and i now cant wait to start working for an amazing company in Hiscox!! :)

Interview Questions

• Competency Questions.
      'When have you had to bring someone round to your way of thinking?'   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

First was an IQ/Logic Based online exam, which was relatively easy if you read the questions carefully. After passing that was a phone interview, where they asked situational questions (tell me a time you...). This took about a half hour, and the lady was very nice, and the interview was not difficult at all.

I didn't hear back for another week or so, when another lady from the company called and asked a few more questions, not difficult, just very basic (confirming stuff from my resume, asking if I ever did a presentation, etc.).

A few days later I got a call asking to participate in an all assessment. This consisted of a presentation, a group project, and an interview. All the people there were very nice and approachable, and was one of the best people that I interviewed with.

The next day I got a call saying they chose another person, but actually explained why, and gave specific reasons.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group that wasn't working well?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox in October 2014.

Interview

Heard from 3rd party recruiter to set-up a screening time for next day. Screening was about 20-30 minutes, and he passed my info to Hiscox HR. Heard from that person the next day - all went well and he set me up with an in-person interview with 3 levels of management (hiring manager, her boss, and location executive). Interviewed with all 3 - questions about leadership style, organizational style, how I would handle certain scenarios. All went well. Heard from recruiter the same day - offered position.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your previous job? This is tricky because you never want to come off sounding negative. Answered the question, but also spoke about how I overcame the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

Very friendly yet technical. I was qualified and have the right experience , the vibe was very honest and friendly. I enjoyed it. I had a HR round and then two technical rounds followed by a critical thinking test.

Interview Questions

• It was super friendly but also technical, I was asked how I would rate certain things and explain my thought process in doing so. I could answer 99% of questions and the rest 1% they were very forgiving.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (White Plains, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I originally located this opening for a vacant underwriter position December 2016. I received a pre-phone screening early January with HR. After impressing HR during the phone screening, I received a request for an in person interview and to complete a 30 minute online assessment prior to my end of January 1st round interview. After a video conference interview, HR reached out bi-weekly with departmental, positional and interview updates. Early February, I was advised there will be a hold on hiring for a few weeks. Then at the end of March I received a call for a 2nd round interview via video conference due to me being out of state. 3 days after HR contacted me to offer the position and time to relocate. After both interviews HR provided a detailed response from each interviewer. Very clear and straight forward process.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process began with Hiscox reaching out to me and looking to have a introductory phone call. From there I spoke to a second person in HR who guided me through the majority of the rest of the process. The main interview consisted of 4 interviewers, and due to the nature of my location and the location of the job I was applying for it was all done over Skype in their New York office. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved mostly talking about my background and how I'd fit into the underwriting position, as I have no formal training in underwriting. While the interviews weren't a breeze, each interviewer as very warm and happy to work with fleshing my answers out. After that I wound up receiving an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Due to my inexperience in insurance, I was frequently asked how my prior experience would translate to underwriting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Had an employee referral to go in and see about an underwriter associate position. Basic interview questions about ambitions, skills, job qualifications etc. There was no technical underwriting or other insurance questions.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

All Day process. Met with 6 other candidates, we had to give a 20 minute presentation, there was a group work session, and then a 2 on 1 interview.

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I met a representative during a college career fair, who gave me his contact info. I applied for a job in his home office, Atlanta, and followed up with him via email. Soon I was telephoned by a screener, who asked a couple questions including salary expectations (she mentioned 35k).
    After setting up a time to meet in the office with the team leader, I arrived at the Hiscox facility in Atlanta. All the questions asked of me were personal history or life goals, such as why did you choose this company/career path, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. He was an easygoing guy around 25 years old. The office seems quite young as a whole. I tried to stay in touch with him, asking for timetables, etc, but he never gave any definite info and I gave up after about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• None, no technical or situational/behavioral questions asked   Answer Question

Underwriter Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward and pleasant. Invited a week or so after applying online for an in-office interview. The interview was about an hour and very pleasant. Typical behavioural stuff, very conversational. Heard back within a week about the role.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. I was contacted via email for a phone interview with HR. After the initial interview, I received an email to complete 2 cases. The basic case composed of a scenario, which I believe, HR wanted to see how you think logically. The other involved basic knowledge of MS outlook. After, I was invited to the Atlanta office for an interview, which consisted of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.