Hiscox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hiscox Interview Questions

Interviews at Hiscox

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

First was an IQ/Logic Based online exam, which was relatively easy if you read the questions carefully. After passing that was a phone interview, where they asked situational questions (tell me a time you...). This took about a half hour, and the lady was very nice, and the interview was not difficult at all.

I didn't hear back for another week or so, when another lady from the company called and asked a few more questions, not difficult, just very basic (confirming stuff from my resume, asking if I ever did a presentation, etc.).

A few days later I got a call asking to participate in an all assessment. This consisted of a presentation, a group project, and an interview. All the people there were very nice and approachable, and was one of the best people that I interviewed with.

The next day I got a call saying they chose another person, but actually explained why, and gave specific reasons.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group that wasn't working well?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

1 Week Process (phone and in office). Very Quick and informal for both interviews. They make you very comfortable. It went by very smoothly. I'd definitely recommend. Very accommodating people

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox in October 2014.

Interview

Heard from 3rd party recruiter to set-up a screening time for next day. Screening was about 20-30 minutes, and he passed my info to Hiscox HR. Heard from that person the next day - all went well and he set me up with an in-person interview with 3 levels of management (hiring manager, her boss, and location executive). Interviewed with all 3 - questions about leadership style, organizational style, how I would handle certain scenarios. All went well. Heard from recruiter the same day - offered position.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your previous job? This is tricky because you never want to come off sounding negative. Answered the question, but also spoke about how I overcame the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

Very friendly yet technical. I was qualified and have the right experience , the vibe was very honest and friendly. I enjoyed it. I had a HR round and then two technical rounds followed by a critical thinking test.

Interview Questions

• It was super friendly but also technical, I was asked how I would rate certain things and explain my thought process in doing so. I could answer 99% of questions and the rest 1% they were very forgiving.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (White Plains, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I originally located this opening for a vacant underwriter position December 2016. I received a pre-phone screening early January with HR. After impressing HR during the phone screening, I received a request for an in person interview and to complete a 30 minute online assessment prior to my end of January 1st round interview. After a video conference interview, HR reached out bi-weekly with departmental, positional and interview updates. Early February, I was advised there will be a hold on hiring for a few weeks. Then at the end of March I received a call for a 2nd round interview via video conference due to me being out of state. 3 days after HR contacted me to offer the position and time to relocate. After both interviews HR provided a detailed response from each interviewer. Very clear and straight forward process.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process began with Hiscox reaching out to me and looking to have a introductory phone call. From there I spoke to a second person in HR who guided me through the majority of the rest of the process. The main interview consisted of 4 interviewers, and due to the nature of my location and the location of the job I was applying for it was all done over Skype in their New York office. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved mostly talking about my background and how I'd fit into the underwriting position, as I have no formal training in underwriting. While the interviews weren't a breeze, each interviewer as very warm and happy to work with fleshing my answers out. After that I wound up receiving an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Due to my inexperience in insurance, I was frequently asked how my prior experience would translate to underwriting.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Four step process. Initial call with the recruiter, then face to face or VC interview with 3 managers, Watson Glaser Critical Thinking test and finally face to face or VC with the SVP.

I applied for the job and a couple days later the recruiter reached out to me via email to set up a time to chat via phone for the following week. It was 3 minute chat about the position, the department and the location as this was out of state and I was mobile.
    The recruiter was great and a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Easy to talk to and very straightforward which i like. Next the recruiter had me chat with my future manager over the phone to get a rapport going.

Next 3 person face to face interview. Since i was from out of state i went to the local office and had it via VC. Very hi-tech and current with the technology compared to many other insurance carriers. The interview lasted a little over an hour, alternating between technical and personal questions. Very engaging and stress free.

Next, was the final interview qith the SVP. Very similar to the 2nd interview. Very engaging and easy to talk to.

Throughout the whole process the HR recruiter was very responsive and kept me in the loop on the next steps.

Following week got an offer was about where i was looking to be at. Accepted the offer and now I'mpossible!

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Had an employee referral to go in and see about an underwriter associate position. Basic interview questions about ambitions, skills, job qualifications etc. There was no technical underwriting or other insurance questions.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

All Day process. Met with 6 other candidates, we had to give a 20 minute presentation, there was a group work session, and then a 2 on 1 interview.

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I met a representative during a college career fair, who gave me his contact info. I applied for a job in his home office, Atlanta, and followed up with him via email. Soon I was telephoned by a screener, who asked a couple questions including salary expectations (she mentioned 35k).
    After setting up a time to meet in the office with the team leader, I arrived at the Hiscox facility in Atlanta. All the questions asked of me were personal history or life goals, such as why did you choose this company/career path, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. He was an easygoing guy around 25 years old. The office seems quite young as a whole. I tried to stay in touch with him, asking for timetables, etc, but he never gave any definite info and I gave up after about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• None, no technical or situational/behavioral questions asked   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.