Hiscox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hiscox Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hiscox in June 2017.

Interview

Attended the assesment day having passed through the initial telephone interview and online assesments. Arrived at 8.45 for a 9.00 start and was made to feel welcome and at ease right from the off! Amazing experience, felt very comfortable and was made to feel welcome and relaxed! 4 stages of the asseament day consisted of
    - Interview for 30 mins with senior members of Hiscox. Although this was an interview i really didnt feel like a normal serious interview and was brilliantly conducted and made u feel at ease.
    - Mock call
    - Checkings test
    - Team exercise

Finished the assesment day at roughly 12pm and was told that we would hear back before 5pm the same day as to wether we were successful or not. I got a phone call at 1pm with the great news that i had been accepted and was offered the job! Fantastic day and experience and i now cant wait to start working for an amazing company in Hiscox!! :)

Interview Questions

• Competency Questions.
      'When have you had to bring someone round to your way of thinking?'   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

Very friendly yet technical. I was qualified and have the right experience , the vibe was very honest and friendly. I enjoyed it. I had a HR round and then two technical rounds followed by a critical thinking test.

Interview Questions

• It was super friendly but also technical, I was asked how I would rate certain things and explain my thought process in doing so. I could answer 99% of questions and the rest 1% they were very forgiving.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hiscox (White Plains, NY (US)).

Interview

I started this role as a contingent employee (read: contractor). My initial interview process for the contract hire was done through Top Prospect Group (Executive Recruiter, highly recommend. They really go to bat for you!). I had a phone call with TPG, then an in-person with TPG to fill out some paperwork, and a just-get-to-know-me chat.

They asked about placing me at Hiscox, and I said I was interested. From there, I had a phone interview with Hiscox recruiter, a phone interview with my hard-line manager, and analytical personality test (dealing with critical thinking, inferences, assumptions, et cetera), and an in-person 60 minute interview with the hard-line manager, with 2 other higher-ups coming in for questions during the interview. Everyone was very amiable. I got the contract, and 8 weeks later I got the permanent job offer.

Note: I am a proactive, head-down, get-the-work-done-now, critically thinking worker, who knows their domain, and how to deliver high-quality collateral. Hiscox extremely values hard-working smart employees, and does not tolerate layabouts. I love the environment here. The interview process is easy if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: A letter goes out to insureds that has an error on it. How would I identify the work in a project environment to address the issue?   Answer Question

Vice President Professional Liablity Product Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

My interview experience was very positive. The first step of this process was to meet with several leaders, including the hiring manager, HR, Deputy Chief Underwriting Officer and regional managers. I met with 4 folks initially, and had very good conversations with all of them. They were engaging, showed great interest in learning about me professionally and personally, and made me feel very welcomed.

Second round of the process involved taking a critical thinking test, called Watson Glaser. This is used to help assess an individuals analytical and critical thinking skills. I was not given a grade on this test, but was told I did well on it.

My third and final round on the interview process involved giving a case study presentation to several senior leaders of the organization....including the Chief Underwriting Officer. Hiscox providing the information for me to review, and I was able to develop my presentation documents.

Ultimately, I was offered the position, which I happily accepted. I felt that the interview process was effective and allowing Hiscox to learn about me, particularly my skills/experience/personality.....all of which are very important for ensuring that I as a candidate would be a good fit for their organization. But by meeting with several employees there, it allowed me to get a good understanding of the role I was applying for, as well as the culture and environment of the company. So in that sense, I think this process is very good for both parties.

Interview Questions

• Can I give examples of where my weaknesses presented themselves in the past, and what I did to improve those deficiencies.   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and easy. There was one phone interview with recruiter and one face to face interview with the team manager. I was asked to have video conference with other team members. Also there was request to complete online skills assessment within 24 hours of receipt.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to previous work experience.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process began with Hiscox reaching out to me and looking to have a introductory phone call. From there I spoke to a second person in HR who guided me through the majority of the rest of the process. The main interview consisted of 4 interviewers, and due to the nature of my location and the location of the job I was applying for it was all done over Skype in their New York office. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved mostly talking about my background and how I'd fit into the underwriting position, as I have no formal training in underwriting. While the interviews weren't a breeze, each interviewer as very warm and happy to work with fleshing my answers out. After that I wound up receiving an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Due to my inexperience in insurance, I was frequently asked how my prior experience would translate to underwriting.   Answer Question

Underwriter Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward and pleasant. Invited a week or so after applying online for an in-office interview. The interview was about an hour and very pleasant. Typical behavioural stuff, very conversational. Heard back within a week about the role.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very thorough. I had 3 phone interviews with 4 people. These covered cultural fit as well as two levels of technical screening. I then had a half-day in-person interview at their office with 4 people, (some of whom were repeated from phone). They are very diligent about finding smart people who reflect their values.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a wide variety of topics which covered the broad areas of knowledge and experience necessary to being a good data architect   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Second recruiter attempt by email through LinkedIn. First had casual interview with recruiter which went well. Later followed up with personal interview at Atlanta location. 1-on-1 with Mgr then another Mgr. Went very well. Questions not highly technical, more experience-level, process and handling of various type application problems. 2nd Mgr gave god feedback on company and work environment. Asked about programming background. Asked to take Watson Glaser exam which was unfamiliar to me. Exam is UK/British English tailored and challenging. Once offer accepted got personal call from Mgr which was a welcoming gesture.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage problem tickets?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer
    • What qualities best describe you applicable to the position?   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (White Plains, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I originally located this opening for a vacant underwriter position December 2016. I received a pre-phone screening early January with HR. After impressing HR during the phone screening, I received a request for an in person interview and to complete a 30 minute online assessment prior to my end of January 1st round interview. After a video conference interview, HR reached out bi-weekly with departmental, positional and interview updates. Early February, I was advised there will be a hold on hiring for a few weeks. Then at the end of March I received a call for a 2nd round interview via video conference due to me being out of state. 3 days after HR contacted me to offer the position and time to relocate. After both interviews HR provided a detailed response from each interviewer. Very clear and straight forward process.

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with a group of four interviewers who were all team leaders for various insurance products. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Each interviewer introduced themselves and explained their specific job function and responsibility in the company. After that, three of the four interviewers began taking turns asking questions. One of the interviewers never asked any questions but did escort me to the door at the end of the interview session.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.