Hiscox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hiscox

1. Featured Interview

Sales Retention and Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hiscox (York, England) in October 2019.

Interview

A few days after submitting my CV I had a telephone interview about 3 days later, a nice informal chat and then an email with a link to an online English & Maths assessment which was a bit daunting as it's timed but there is a practice session before the actual test and the link expires after 72hrs so don't leave it too long to do this stage. The last interview stage was the Assessment Day, well it's half a day, but it went fast. There were 5 of us as it's part of a mass recruitment drive and had a tour of the building we'll be working in, after signing non disclosure agreements we sat and listened in to the type of phonecalls we'll be handling which was very helpful and I had chance to ask the person some questions about the job after the phone call ended. After that we went up to the top floor into a nice bright room and was introduced to the team of assessors who would be working in pairs to lead is through the next stage - competency based interview questions, a mock phone call and last but not least: the group problem solving activity. I started off nervous as heck about it all but the recruitment team at Hiscox, Chelsea and James, were absolutely lovely and explained the whole process to us and answered any questions and generally put us all at ease. Interviews are always a bit nerve-wracking but they're not trying to trip you up or be intimidating, they just want to see what you're like a person instead of completing lengthy paper applications. They've made me an offer and now I'm going through the screening process which should come back in about a week at the most as they want to check that everything I've told them about myself is genuine.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

So far, the process as been great, response time has been quick, Hopefully they find me a good asset to the team. The phone interview went well, I spoke with a HR rep, she had knowledge of the role but not too much the details. Im currently waiting for a follow up with someone in the department.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I had a very long interview experience with multiple people. I sat in the same room for 3-4 hours and answered the same questions for 4 different groups of people. I met with several very new managers with no real experience and then finally the main manager who happened to be in town. Very basic interview and questions; very easy to get hired for entry level here.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox in February 2019.

Interview

Phone interview for first round and second round consisted of in-person interviews. The phone interview was honestly more difficult than the in-person interview. Everything from phone interview to panel interview to offer occurred in weekly intervals. Then offer was given.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose this company?   1 Answer
    • What did you do for the case competition that you were involved in?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter and then was asked to complete an online assessment, I followed up with no response from HR? A month later (4 weeks) I was asked to interview with the hiring manager. Yet another month later I'm still waiting for a response. Never heard back, one of the most unprofessional processes I have experienced.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for the Sr BA role on 07/16/2018. Received a call from the HR dept on 08/02/2018 concerning a phone screening. I completed the phone screen the same day and a face to face interview was schedule on 08/15/2018. The face to face interview was 1-1 with the product owner. The interview was very easy question conerning your previous background and experience. The interviewer was not very knowledgeable when it came to scrum/agile software methodologies. I was able to answer questions that she did have to answers too to nor had no acknowledgment of the answers that were given to her. Ex. I never heard of the term roundtable before. If you work in a IT Scrum environment you should know all the terms that entail on a IT Project. I think that she thought i was a threat to her because i knew things that she didnt. I want to work for a company that will value my knowledge and bring success to their team not feel like I'm a threat to them. The interviewer was incompetent and should not be acting in a leadership role. Hiscox is not a place to work if you are highly skilled at what you do.

Interview Questions

• You graduated from college in 1990 why do your work history start in 2005   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Very brief informal call with recruiter. He told me that I was exactly what they were looking for and that the hiring team had already seen my profile, responded positively, and he would strongly recommend an interview. More than a week passes. I am told that I get a phone call from the hiring manager. Great. More than a week passes before it's scheduled. I follow up. They schedule the phone call with the hiring manager in about 10 days.

At this point, it's already been over a month and I'm barely at the second round. The phone interview with the hiring manager seems to go well. I follow up in a week. No response. They just ghosted me.

Overall bad experience. It's pretty unprofessional to keep people hanging like that. If you're not going to move forward, then say so.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hiscox.

Interview

A Hiscox recruiter contacted me to inquire if I had an interest in an Agency Management role covering the USA. Their internal recruiter enthusiastically presented the opportunity and described this new role. He indicated the company as growing rapidly, being a great company to work for. He further told of their excellent benefits, good time off, earned sabbaticals and a business casual collaborative work environment. Next I had a phone interview with the leader for the position followed by an in person interview in Los Angeles with a senior head of the company then video conferences with multiple executive constituents from the regions to supported. Hiscox did a team follow up before offering me the opportunity. The recruiter was wonderful at keeping me informed along the way.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my preferred work style, experience, and problem solving methods.   Answer Question
    • My desired work location and salary range.   Answer Question
    • All interviewers focused on the core values of the company and how they apply to the work environment.   Answer Question

Claims Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

HR screening interview: spoke for 30 minutes with HR recruiter. Mostly covered my experience, why I was interested in working for Hiscox, career goals, etc. Nothing very specific. You will likely get asked about salary; I was not ready to discuss at the HR screening stage.

On-site interview: Met with hiring manager one-on-one. Interview was more of an informal conversation than a formal question/answer format.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to transition to an in-house role from litigation?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a minimum salary requirement?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox in April 2018.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Phone interview followed by 2 in-person interviews.
    However, all recruiters just ghosted. I wrote at least 5 emails asking to let me know their decision - however no reply. They lack the professional attitude in replying to candidates.
    Not that i do not know the decision, however I just want them to be confident and let candidate know the decision especially, when one goes through the process of interviewing with IT Director.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hiscox (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Four step process. Initial call with the recruiter, then face to face or VC interview with 3 managers, Watson Glaser Critical Thinking test and finally face to face or VC with the SVP.

I applied for the job and a couple days later the recruiter reached out to me via email to set up a time to chat via phone for the following week. It was 3 minute chat about the position, the department and the location as this was out of state and I was mobile.
    The recruiter was great and a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Easy to talk to and very straightforward which i like. Next the recruiter had me chat with my future manager over the phone to get a rapport going.

Next 3 person face to face interview. Since i was from out of state i went to the local office and had it via VC. Very hi-tech and current with the technology compared to many other insurance carriers. The interview lasted a little over an hour, alternating between technical and personal questions. Very engaging and stress free.

Next, was the final interview qith the SVP. Very similar to the 2nd interview. Very engaging and easy to talk to.

Throughout the whole process the HR recruiter was very responsive and kept me in the loop on the next steps.

Following week got an offer was about where i was looking to be at. Accepted the offer and now I'mpossible!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.