Hotjar Devops Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hotjar Devops Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotjar

4.0

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotjar.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week. No interview, got simply rejected because they have a lot of "good" applicants but the job offer is still there to this day...
Overall feeling is not very professional.

Other Interview Reviews for Hotjar

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar in October 2018.

Interview

The process is fairly structured, with an initial form, some technical questions, a technical interview and a task to complete and demo and finally an interview with some of the co-founders.
    The overall experience was very positive and left me with a good feeling about the team and the type of role I was applying for.
    The interviews didn't include any trick questions, nor any whiteboard coding sessions, but were nonetheless quite challenging and in line with the role.
    The take home task requires some time set aside and might not be within your comfort zone, so you have to potentially learn something new in the process, and then explain your choices during a demo session with a set of different people from a few different teams.

Interview Questions

• Simulation of diagnosing an issue with Postgres and how I would investigate to understand the root cause.   Answer Question

Hotjar Response

4 Jan 2019 – VP of Operations

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Welcome aboard! We look forward to having you join the team.

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar.

Interview

Very in-depth, very thorough. As mentioned in other reviews, there are multiple stages to the interview. It took about two months to get through the process, but I never felt disconnected from the interviewers - I received prompt responses to my requests throughout the process. The individual stages were varying levels of difficulty in my opinion - the initial form and final task + presentation being the most difficult. In the end I received a fair offer and negotiations on a few points were very pleasant and simple.

Overall, it takes a while, but you definitely feel like you earned it in the end when you get an offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.