Hotjar Front-End Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hotjar Front-End Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotjar

3.5

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar in September 2017.

Interview

You get a very good sense of the company culture up front, they are truely awesome. They are very open, approachable, honest and they take the time to keep you updated throughout the whole process, which is something you rarely find when interviewing for a company.

There are a few stages you have to go through which take some time and effort, but if you are genuinely interested in the position you shouldn't mind that - I certainly didn't mind and it didn't seem excessive or time-wasting to me, it was definitely worth it in the end! It is your chance to show what you are made of.
When you submit your application, where you answer some questions about yourself and your work, you will get all the info you need on how the process will continue and all the stages you are going to go through. You may be rejected at any of these stages before getting an offer.

At the time I applied it went like this: submitted the application -> was asked to send a video interview -> had an interview call with the team -> was asked to comple a paid task, representative of the work I would do if hired -> did the task demo and had a code review -> had a call with the CEO and some team members (super friendly) -> got the offer.
Everything was done in a completely remote fashion (voice/video calls).

I suggest that you show your true self, be approachable and honest like they are - they will really appreciate that. Do your best work and showcase your experience, it is ok to not be perfect as long as you are willing to keep learning and improving.

Good luck!! :)

Interview Questions

• If you could choose to do anything on any given Monday morning what would that be?   Answer Question
  • What have you learnt in the last year that was more challenging than you expected?   Answer Question
  • Mostly the questions were about character and experience, rather than being technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are very transparent up front on the ranges that a position pays (min and max). They provide reasonings as far as why they are offering you a specific amount within that range. I didn't feel the need to negotiate that.

Hotjar Response

21 Mar 2018 – VP of Operations

Thanks for taking the time to give us your comments. Welcome to the team!

Other Interview Reviews for Hotjar

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lija (Malta)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hotjar (Lija (Malta)) in July 2015.

Interview

An initial interview was conducted, where I spoke to one of the developers (a co-founder). Following this I was given a paid task to carry out, to prove I could carry out the kind of work I was expected to do. Following this was a follow-up call, including the Chief Architect and CEO. A decision took nearly two weeks after, but was in the positive.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were around culture, more than technical knowledge   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.