Hotjar Software Engineer, Backend Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hotjar Software Engineer, Backend Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotjar

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hotjar in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received a response a few days later informing me that I hadn’t made it to the next round. I’ve applied to many companies in the past but since opening my own business I haven’t applied anywhere else (even turned down AWS) because I don’t think I would want to work in a company other than Hotjar or my own.

It would have been cool if I had gotten more info of how I can be better for this role, this would have helped both for myself and for me to change hiring practices in my own business in future and contribute to the list of few companies who actually care about their employees. Overall, a very good experience :)

Interview Questions

• Wish I had made it to that part. Also had a few questions of may own regarding the tech stack and whether or not the services will be migrated to Python 3 due to Python 2.7 end of life, etc...   Answer Question

Hotjar Response

26 Jun 2019 – VP of Operations

Thanks for taking the time to submit this review. It's very flattering to know that we are so high on your shortlist of companies to work for. Due to the volume of applicants we receive for most... More

Other Interview Reviews for Hotjar

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hotjar in August 2019.

Interview

I've applied via angellist and had initial screening call couple of weeks ago.

I consider the interview experience quite unprofessional. When asked about expected salary I've aimed for the middle of the presented range for the role. As it turned out, the recruiter was more interested in asking how much I currently make and negotiating down the expectations than evaluating my skills.

It was implied that I'm a greedy person and with my experience (3yrs in Python) I should aim for the bottom range. My application was sent further and I was promised to receive feedback but I didn't get any. Assuming someone's skills and value by the years of experience is not very accurate, good luck with that.

Interview Questions

Hotjar Response

16 Sep 2019 – VP of Operations

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. This is not representative of how we approach compensation. Nor is it representative of our core value to "work with respect".

Because we openly post... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.