Revolut Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Revolut

1. Featured Interview

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process took slightly more than 5 weeks. Divided into 4 main stages, the process is extremely efficient thanks to the DS talent team. At each single stage, thorough feedback was provided.

The four stages consist of:
    - Phone interview with talent lead (general questions about yourself and some preliminary technical questions around Python, SQL)
    - Take home data challenge (quite long to finish but extremely interesting). One week time is available for the candidate to complete it
    - Technical interview with 2 senior data scientists. Here you are asked to present findings of the data challenge, answer technical questions on DS or machine learning, do a live python coding exercise
    - Final interview with head of team or pm: this is mainly a culture fit assessment as well as previous background and experience check to make sure team's goals and candidate skills are aligned.

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut (Remote, OR (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Interview has at least 4 stages,
    1. 1:1 call with general & technical questions
    2. test task for one week - write a pet microservice app
    3. group call with 2 developers, technical questions about programming and Java
    4. group call with 2 developers, I was asked to describe my previous experience, to come up handling some bank use-case scenario and also there were couple simple technical questions regarding java.

Interview Questions

• What you don't like in your job   1 Answer

Product Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Revolut in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online, got an invitation to a test in about a week or so which consisted of a range of questions from simple math/statistics, to longer situational judgement essays. Overall somewhat difficult, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I got contacted by a recruiter a week after I submitted the test. This is when things started going downhill. I selected a date in the following week, but the interviewer cancelled on the day of the interview, asking me to postpone the interview because she was sick. Fair enough - I can understand, but the next availability of the interviewer is 3 weeks out. I choose the earliest date, and wait for the day to come.

Unfortunately, on the day of the interview again, I am told that they are pausing recruiting due to COVID-19, and they will have to cancel my interview and postpone it to a later date. This is what pissed me off: the recruiter probably knew this beforehand and could have informed me at any time over those 3 weeks, but she did not until the very end. I had cancelled other interviews to make time for this, and also spent a considerable time preparing for the interview, since its a role that I was super interested in. Not to mention that I had to get up very early in the morning because I was 9 hours behind the time zone of the recruiter.

0 communication from the recruiter thereafter upon asking for a tentative date at which they expect interviews to commence, or even something else that I can do in the mean time.

I understand that companies have the upper hand when it comes to recruiting, especially at times as hard as this, but they should also treat candidates with some importance. I was really looking forward to my interviews, and I did not at all expect this level of unprofessionalism from Revolut. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Payment Investigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Revolut (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied through glassdor. Got an initial email from the talent acquisition specialist, then I received a home task, fairly easy, and some scenarios where I had to respond to the customer.
    2 days later, the recruiter scheduled an initial call. Went great from my end, a week later an interview per se was scheduled with the hiring manager. Very simple and down to earth, we talked like we were colleagues, felt relaxed, no pressure. From all the interviews I had in my life, this was the most laid back, relaxed interview I ever had (regardless of the outcome).
     Then an offer followed the following week. ( all this during the Corona virus outbreak). They were very thorough and highly professional.

Interview Questions

• Real exemples questions, they provide the scenario and documentation, and I had to find the answer and reply to the customer   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

First was contacted with tech recruiter, took about an hour. Went well. Second was live coding (instead of home task, since I have a job already). Live coding is a part which made me think that here was no intention to hire, like conveyor type of an interview. No guideline of expectations. Asked questions were far away from real world programming. I am working in this industry more than 10 years in global corps and felt like I am a an intern which has not experience based on a feedback. In other words waste of time.

Given task was easy, solved that, however been told that it is going to work slow after all. That really surprised me, if you are looking for optimal solution (in 20 mins) please state it clear, not like answering to a questions:
    - that's ok
    - it's fine
    etc.

Interview Questions

• Write service which generates tiny URL and vice versa.
      How would you design index?
      Do you ever analyze algorithm with Big O notation - experienced programmers doing that daily basis, even sometimes they don't know that expression.   Answer Question

6 Mar 2020 – Stronger Together

Thank you for your honest and thorough review. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your recruitment experience.
    The live coding interview is an important part of our hiring process, so that we can fully understand how you react in real-time to issues that we may encounter at Revolut. While we encourage all our recruiters to give their candidates a good insight into what to expect, we are also creating guidelines to ensure that we are giving all our candidates the same information to prepare them. We encourage you to give feedback through the interviewer survey that you should have received after this interview - we provide personalised feedback and rankings to each interviewer to help them perform better, so we really value all the responses that we receive.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revolut in February 2020.

Interview

It was disorganized and rushed in some aspects.

I applied online. Some time after got an email saying my screening went well and I was being set up for a video interview with the hiring manager. I never had the screening call to begin with but went forward with the interview because the work seemed interesting.

The HR contact wasn’t very responsive and I asked about when I would have a chance for the screening call but didn’t hear back.

The Interviewer had no interest in ensuring they understood my experience and just wanted brief answers to questions that would require more context. Interviewer was also asking that I give them there and then the name of my supervisors who they can contact for references. I respectfully said, this was my first contact, first 10 mins of discussion with this company. I can’t give names without having proceeded to a final round where I’ve been selected, agreed to an offer, and they were verifying my credentials. It was so bizarre.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in two year, especifícalos is it in fintech?   Answer Question
    • What would each of your previous supervisors rate you on a scale of 1-10 and why?   Answer Question
    • What are your professional weakness/what don’t you do well?   Answer Question
    • Skill areas/what are you an expert in (with a very brief example)   Answer Question
    • Driving a project start to finish + end result (with a very brief example)   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

Had 1 phone interview with a recruiter and never responded back with any answer or next steps. Reached out to her several times for feedback, but she never responded. The company is relatively unknown in the US and is trying to expand in both New York and San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask questions, but was selling on how Revolut was the top desired place to work for in Europe   Answer Question

3 Mar 2020 – Stronger Together

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your experience. Our recruitment flow includes providing a response to every candidate, even if they are unsuccessful in the end. We will pass your feedback on to our recruitment team to ensure that this does not happen again.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Revolut (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Reading through the Glassdoor reviews, it seems like many people had a bad experience with the interview process, but mine was fairly straight-forward and the recruiters did a good job in keeping me updated with the process and timeline.

- 1hr online analytical test (~20 multiple choice and ~4 free response questions)
    - 30min w recruiter
    - 30min w hiring manager
    - 1 week to complete a take-home assignment -- data analysis task, since the company is very data-driven. I believe everyone they hire does a similar assignment, so I don't think they "steal your ideas" to fix the problem they ask you.
    - on-site with team

Most of the questions I had during the interviews were behavioral and the interviewers do seem interested in getting to know who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths and 3 areas of improvement
      Why do you want to work at Revolut / in this role
      How do you work with data
      Why do you want to change jobs
      Salary expectations   Answer Question

3 Feb 2020 – Stronger Together

Thanks for this thorough review. We’re grateful that you took the time to let us know about your recruitment experience with Revolut; we’ve been working hard on implementing feedback to create a better process.
    While it didn’t work out this time, we urge you to check back to our careers page and see what else is available. We’re expanding rapidly at the moment and looking for enthusiastic professionals to join us.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a Recruiter who had been at the company for a few months. He seemed inexperience asking me very basic questions he was reading off a sheet or computer and as I answered had to wait for him to write notes. He barely explained the role to me, seemed like a waste of time.

Business Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

As a seasoned professional, this was the most absurd interview process I've ever experienced, and I didn't even make it to an in-person interview. The recruiter reached out after I submitted my resume online. She wanted me to to fill out an assessment online that took 60 minutes. The questions were odd and irrelevant to the job posting. For example: "How much does it cost to send $1000 transfer from UK to Australia using conventional banks?" I completed the assessment regardless and she reached out again to have me complete a challenge. This seemed like a bit much, considering I hadn't even had a phone interview yet. The challenge stated that it would 5 hours to complete. FIVE HOURS....and I hadn't even had a phone interview yet! This was ridiculous. I've worked for two Fortune 500 companies, and neither required anything like this. Still, I was interested in the position, and even though I work a demanding full-time job, I started the challenge. The files that I needed to download for the challenge had almost 70k rows in Excel. Every single time I tried to open them my personal computer crashed entirely. I tried this for TWO hours. Finally, I reached out to the recruiter asking if there were any alternative formats or solutions, and she replied that "As a data-driven company we expect most of our employees to be able to independently solve problems using data in their day-to-day work. Given opening up a CSV file is part of the challenge itself and figuring it out yourself, unfortunately there is no possibility to send you split files."

I found this APPALLING. First of all, I was not applying to an IT position, nor am I an IT computer expert. Second, no where in the challenge did it state that accessing their absurdly large files that will crash your computer is "apart of the challenge". What type of joke is this? This is a cruel trick and truly insulting - implying that I cannot manage day to day problems because their file crashed my computer. I do not see how this is relevant to the job description what so ever. The recruiter's reply left an awful disgusting taste in my mouth. What a red flag...if the company is this difficult PRIOR to a PHONE interview, I can only imagine what it is like to actually for Revolut.

Interview Questions

• How much does it cost to send $1000 transfer from UK to Australia using conventional banks?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revolut.

Interview

There is a three stage process.
    1. Interview with Country Manager
    2. Case
    3. Meet in person
    The first interview was pretty short- only 20 minutes. The interviewer said that he will provide me a case, but I never got the case and got rejected after.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.