Royal London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 20 Jun 2018

3.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal London (Wilmslow, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Application process was straight forward, applied through a recruitment firm a few days later got a call for an interview. Interview began with a group session where we were meant to pick 5 companies and rate their customer service level. Then we went for one on one interview session and then a Microsoft word and writing session and finally a mock telephone session. i must say it was straight forward and professional. i just wasn't prepared, didn't provide the right answers and messed up pretty bad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous role?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal London (Wilmslow, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was really straight forward and easy. Everyone involved in the assessment was incredibly nice and welcoming. The interview/assessment is divided into 3 sections and nothing to worry about.
    Took a couple of hours to find out that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you faced a challenge, how you overcame it and what you would do differently if you could.   Answer Question

17 May 2018 – Group CEO

Thanks for posting your review. I’m glad that you found the assessment process friendly. I note that you declined our offer and presumably took up an offer elsewhere, so best wishes for a successful... More

SummerAsset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal London (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted to have a phone interview. Mostly behavioural questions however they asked an open ended one about my knowledge of the company. Best to do some preparation in motivational questions as well.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal London (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Extremely NEGATIVE experience!!! Had first round interview, got a call within few days to say I got through to second and final stage. A whole 12 days later, a second call to say that actually you didn't get through to second round as there was stronger candidates. Extremely unprofessional behaviour!! Would NOT recommend!!!

Interview Questions

Royal London Response

17 May 2018 – Group CEO

I’m really sorry to hear of your experience. We have clearly raised your hopes and then dashed them and we should have had better control of our decision making and communication with you. Please... More

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal London.

Interview

Firstly a few computer based tests before hand, like excel, numeracy etc. Assessment day with a group exercise, individual interview and individual written assignment - very positive experience from the company. Heard the results back in a few days

Interview Questions

• General questions based on the values and also a few more logic based ones e.g how many people do you think passed their test last year in the UK?   Answer Question

28 Dec 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for posting this review. Delighted to learn that you will be joining the company. Welcome.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2017.

Interview

There was 4 parts, introduction, group discussion, 121 telephone role play and competence based questions , which there were quite a few and there were no uestiobs to ask why I would like to change from what Ian doing at the moment to a customer serivce consultant ☹️

Interview Questions

Royal London Response

17 Nov 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and good luck for the future.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2017.

Interview

Group interview involving group excerises and a one to one competency based questions. Very relaxed environment and very friendly staff. Different to any other interview I have done previously.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a Negative situation at work and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question

17 Nov 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for your review and it’s good hear that you found our process friendly. I’m sorry that you didn’t choose to join us in the end but good luck with your future career.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief and focused around the role specific skills and organisational fit. Some questions were competency based, like 'Describe the time where you had to manage stakeholder expectations', other questions were more focused around technical skills and past experiences. Overall, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly - made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that the data in the report is accurate?   1 Answer

28 Jun 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for posting your review and welcome to the team. I hope that you really enjoy yourself at Royal London.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal London (Wilmslow, England) in June 2017.

Interview

interview was in 3 parts, a group task, a role play and a 121 interview with standard competency based questions, it lasted approx 2 hours in total and I found it to be easy, I was offered a better position than what I interviewed for which was a bonus however the process which followed took an obsurdly long time, you have to undergo background checks which is fair enough however I have had this carried out at previous companies and it took a maximum of a couple of weeks, it took Royal London over 2 months to give me a start date and I had to call them several times to chase it up as I had already handed in my notice at my previous employer, I had also contacted the company carrying out the checks and they had advised me they completed the checks a week prior so I don't know why it took royal London so long but it didn't give a good first impression. Overall experience at the company so far however has been positive and I am looking forward to a future there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem at work and how you solved it   Answer Question

17 Nov 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for taking the time to post this review and it’s good to know that you are enjoying your experience of Royal London. I’m sorry about the delay with your background checks. You are not the only... More

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal London (Wilmslow, England).

Interview

Basically just a chat..... They did not really ask about previous experience (i had none), and did not ask about any exam results or qualifications i had. Even though this is a financial company they did not even check if i have passed maths gcse.....i have not.

23 Mar 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for posting your review and welcome to Royal London. Don't worry about the background checks, we do these as a matter of course and you wouldn't have been offered a job if you hadn't passed.... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.