Royal London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Royal London Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal London

3.1

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Interview

I spen hours prepping my CV and then repeating most of the information on their corporate application form . I also had to answer (it says you can opt out but your application isn't processed unless you answer these questions) really intrusive questions about age, ethnicity, sexual preference etc, I was happy to do this after reading their own description of a diverse and flexible people-centred organisation.
    I logged in a few days later as I haven't heard anything and just got an automated rejection.

Interview Questions

Royal London Response

1 Sep 2020 – Group People Director

Thank you for your application to Royal London. All our application form questions around gender/disability/diversity are anonymised and there is an option to “prefer not to say”. Choosing this option does not prevent your application progressing and it gives candidates the choice in how to respond. As a business it is important for us to ensure we are receiving applications from all candidates irrelevant of their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. An email rejection is sent if a telephone screening/interview is not going to be scheduled post application. This process is in place due to the number of applications received and is quite common among most businesses. Post telephone screening we then offer verbal feedback in our recruitment process. Once again this is standard recruitment practice.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal London (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied in April 2020, I had screening telephonic call in first week of June 2020. Then I had interview call in mid July 2020.

Everytime I followed up with the recruiter, they never bother to respond or provide feedback by themselves.

It's been 4-5 months now after applying, screening/interview calls now, no feedback or anything from their side although role needs to recruit on urgent basis. Horrible feedback or follow up system.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions from your resume, some quantitative, behavioral questions, nothing tough, very friendly interviewers.   Answer Question

1 Sep 2020 – Group People Director

Thank you very much for your interest in Royal London. All candidates receive either an email response or a telephone call regarding feedback depending on the stage of the application/interview process that has been reached. This is part of our everyday service to candidates and it is the least we would do in terms of managing an experience for one of our vacancies. We always encourage candidates to check Junk Items folders for email communication as unfortunately some email systems will direct correspondence to that location.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal London in March 2020.

Interview

Applied in April 2020, was invited for a online test and telephone interview. After that was invited for the assessment center. Asked HR about when I would hear back however haven’t been given feedback ever since. No response from the firm even after multiple attempts at contact. Not a great reflection of the culture at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a difficult challenge in a team setting? How did you tackle this and what do you learn?   Answer Question

29 Oct 2020 – Group People Director

Thank you for leaving a review. Your experience is not one that we recognise. All candidates receive feedback in a timely manner. Attempts are made both via email and telephone. Our recommendation is that you make contact with the Sourcer or Recruitment Business Partner who would have managed your application. It may be that we have incorrect details for you.

Marketing Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal London (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Initially a very smooth process but massively fell over after the interview. Initial telephone interview went well with the recruiter and was invited to a face-to-face with the hiring managers. F2F interview went well, both interviewers were friendly and made for a pleasant interview experience. I was promised a response within a week but this never came.

After the week's wait, the job was relisted online and the recruiter couldn't be bothered to have the courtesy to tell me I'd not been successful. Repeatedly tried to make contact with the recruiter for a response but nothing was responded to. Gave up after four weeks. Evidently the company doesn't care enough about it's people to have basic common courtesy towards potential new recruits, something which seems to be a common trait amongst these reviews. I will be avoiding the company going forwards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and explain how you overcame it.   Answer Question

28 Apr 2020 – Group People Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts. I’m sorry that you didn’t receive feedback in a timely fashion. Our candidate experience is of paramount importance to us and we have SLAs in place to ensure the right service levels are provided to both candidates and hiring managers alike. If the status of a vacancy changes because the needs of the business have altered then we also ensure all candidates are contacted with the rationale. We’ll look into this instance in order to understand more and make any necessary changes to process. I’m glad that the people you met were friendly, welcoming and representative of our brand here at Royal London.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2020.

Interview

Quick telephone chat followed by face to face interview. The interview was beginning of Jan, was supposed to hear a few days later. Followed up with an email but still not heard back.... I'm assuming I wasn't successful /s

Interview Questions

• What would you if do someone in your team consistently does following agile WoW   1 Answer

14 May 2020 – Group People Director

Thank you for leaving a review and for your interest in Royal London. It is disappointing to read that feedback was not given quickly as we pride ourselves on the service provided to candidates and hiring managers alike. We will look into this further to ensure a quicker process for future vacancies in this area.

Mail Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal London (Wilmslow, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Arrived early, interviewers took me to the Mailroom (which as I seem to recall was deep in the bowels of the campus), told me to do the two tests - ant that is where .my positive interview experience ended - from that moment on, and even during the interview - they were making non verbal signals to each other, at one point even correcting me as a strength that I gave wasn't good enough!

I had to do the interview in a Computer room as they hadn't gotten ready a meeting room!

Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal London (London, England).

Interview

1st call, positive. F2F, all-white-male panel where now clear I’m a B/EM female. No matter how qualified wasn’t getting the job. Equal Opportunities policy, empty words. Doesn’t stop racial bias

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Skills and experience based. F2F: Role and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2019.

Interview

As a resourcing professional, I can honestly say this is the poorest process I’ve ever seen. My treatment as a candidate was in complete contradiction to the “value” RLG markets themselves as having for their people. It took 4 weeks from being invited to organise a face to face interview, which I was told would be a one stage interview. I then waited 12 days for “feedback” where I was asked questions around my salary that I had already answered and confirmed three times. I was subsequently invited to second interview for which I had to chase 5 times to organise. I then received an email from the recruitment team saying she “thought the hiring manager had emailed me” and “the role was offered to another candidate last week.” I didn’t even get as much as a phone call or an apology. I’m so disappointed in the way I was treated by RLG and their representative recruitment outsourcer. If this is the way they treat their candidates I can only imagine how they treat their staff and customers.

Interview Questions

• General competency questions around conflict management, disagreements etc.   Answer Question

22 Nov 2019 – Group People Director

I’m sorry to hear about your experience and agree the time frames and process fell down in this instance. We’re working with our recruitment partners on a full end to end process review to make sure the experience for candidates and hiring managers alike is exactly what we would expect and is in line with our values and our ways of working. Our expectation is that any changes will be put into place this calendar year. Thank you for your interest in Royal London Group.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

Had an initial phone screening interview with hiring manager. Was called in for a face to face and to prepare a presentation for a 12month strategy (which is a big project, normally taking at least a week in your regular job. This was on top of my current role at a different company).
    Never received any feedback at all which speaks volume how serious company is about their employees.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in August 2019.

Interview

There was a few of us brought in, we were split into 2 groups. My group had to do a group exercise and then one on one telephone role-plays. Then I had a one on one competency-based interview questions. It was easy enough and the people were very friendly and helped me not feel nervous. They give you a document to help prepare for the group presentation and telephone roleplay - you just have to be yourself and be relaxed. The only thing is they promised that they'd let us know the outcome either later that day or the day after - but I had to email a few days later to find out whether I'd got it or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you suggested something which made a difference in the work place?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation in work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.