Royal London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 30 Oct 2017

3.2

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2017.

Interview

There was 4 parts, introduction, group discussion, 121 telephone role play and competence based questions , which there were quite a few and there were no uestiobs to ask why I would like to change from what Ian doing at the moment to a customer serivce consultant ☹️

Interview Questions

Royal London Response

17 Nov 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and good luck for the future.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2017.

Interview

Group interview involving group excerises and a one to one competency based questions. Very relaxed environment and very friendly staff. Different to any other interview I have done previously.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a Negative situation at work and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question

17 Nov 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for your review and it’s good hear that you found our process friendly. I’m sorry that you didn’t choose to join us in the end but good luck with your future career.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief and focused around the role specific skills and organisational fit. Some questions were competency based, like 'Describe the time where you had to manage stakeholder expectations', other questions were more focused around technical skills and past experiences. Overall, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly - made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that the data in the report is accurate?   1 Answer

28 Jun 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for posting your review and welcome to the team. I hope that you really enjoy yourself at Royal London.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal London (Wilmslow, England) in June 2017.

Interview

interview was in 3 parts, a group task, a role play and a 121 interview with standard competency based questions, it lasted approx 2 hours in total and I found it to be easy, I was offered a better position than what I interviewed for which was a bonus however the process which followed took an obsurdly long time, you have to undergo background checks which is fair enough however I have had this carried out at previous companies and it took a maximum of a couple of weeks, it took Royal London over 2 months to give me a start date and I had to call them several times to chase it up as I had already handed in my notice at my previous employer, I had also contacted the company carrying out the checks and they had advised me they completed the checks a week prior so I don't know why it took royal London so long but it didn't give a good first impression. Overall experience at the company so far however has been positive and I am looking forward to a future there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem at work and how you solved it   Answer Question

17 Nov 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for taking the time to post this review and it’s good to know that you are enjoying your experience of Royal London. I’m sorry about the delay with your background checks. You are not the only... More

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal London (Wilmslow, England).

Interview

Basically just a chat..... They did not really ask about previous experience (i had none), and did not ask about any exam results or qualifications i had. Even though this is a financial company they did not even check if i have passed maths gcse.....i have not.

23 Mar 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for posting your review and welcome to Royal London. Don't worry about the background checks, we do these as a matter of course and you wouldn't have been offered a job if you hadn't passed.... More

Sales Consultant - Protection Yorkshire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal London (Wilmslow, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial meeting with Sales Manager, progressed to final stage, competency based interview, psychometric test, telephone roleplay, adviser roleplay, generic test on protection and presentation to panel with questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you have helped another colleague?   1 Answer

23 Mar 2017 – Group CEO

Thanks for submitting your review. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you. Our IFA support consultants are some of the best regarded in the industry and we do have a rigorous selection process.... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process for me was very slick. I gained an immediate feeling that Royal London wanted to recruit me and they did not mess around getting me back for a 2nd interview and getting me an offer. I had to work hard through the process and feel huge respect for the way it was handled.

Interview Questions

• Role Play, Presentation and a Panel Interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have huge respect that I was offered the job at interview and negotiating salary was easy and dealth with man to man. This was much better than other processes I have had in the past.

26 Oct 2016 – Group CEO

Thanks very much for taking the time to complete this review. You clearly handled a rigorous interview well and I'm delighted to hear that you have accepted our employment offer. Welcome to the team.... More

IFA Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in July 2016.

Interview

The Interview was an Hour long and completely made up of competency based questions. The interview was very relaxed and gave you ample time to answer all questions. Make sure to have many examples to relate back to the job. Make sure to mention the keywords that are highlighted within the job description.

Interview Questions

Royal London Response

4 Oct 2016 – Group CEO

Thanks for taking the time to submit this review and your interview tips. I'm sorry that your conversation didn't result in an employment offer and I wish you all the best for the next stage of your... More

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview and presentation plus 3 hours assessment using psychometrics, numerical & verbal reasoning. Very robust process which include a cultural fit undertaken by a qualified psychologist. Full report provided to enable a development plan to be produced on joining.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge on cultural change   1 Answer

4 Oct 2016 – Group CEO

Great to have your review and thanks for taking the time out to submit it. Welcome to Royal London. I will be hosting another round of coffee and questions sessions in Edinburgh during October so I... More

Infrastructure Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal London (Edinburgh, Scotland) in June 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview first than face to face interview. RL was punctual and friendly. The all process both face to face and remotely was handled with professionalism and efficiency.
    HR was very good and precise and their documentation was good and clear.

Interview Questions

Royal London Response

4 Oct 2016 – Group CEO

Thanks for completing this review. I hope that you are enjoying your early experience of Royal London. I'm shortly hosting another round of coffee and question sessions in Edinburgh and hope that you... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.