Sky Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Interview Questions

Interviews at Sky

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in November 2019.

Interview

super relaxed experience, you will enjoy your self, just practice how to handle a sales call, be enthusiastic, also do not discount subscription fees just keep on emending to the customers needs

Interview Questions

• normal competency based questions   1 Answer

8 Nov 2019 – Head of Brand

Thanks for leaving such a positive review and welcome to Sky!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Online test, then if completed would go into a video interview.

If successful the next step is a Experience Day which is an assessment.

First you are told to buddie up, and told to find out 1 thing in common with each other and present it to the class.

Then you are told to select what's most like you got customer service. And this leads to a one to one interview where you describe why it's most like you.

After this there is role play where you have to talk to the assersor pretending to be a customer.

Once everyone is done you can ask some questions and then you are on your way.

I was told the next day I was successful. But this was not a job offer yet as they need to check my references.

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you ?

what is good customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, SD (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

After you've completed their online process they contact you within a few days to set up a telephone interview. During that interview, which was in my case 3 days after their call, you are asked to provide them with some details about yourself (authorisation process) and then you're asked about Sky itself, their offer, customer service, your experience, why you'd be good at this job and etc. Immediately after the conversation you're informed whether you passed it. If yes, they tell you that you are invited for a Sky Experience Day, which is basically talking to other candidates there, discussing things like good customer service, group work, role-play (sales advisor-client) and a few written tasks. After that they contact you within a few days to tell you if you're employed or not.
    Everyone is extremely nice and helpful, nothing to worry about :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you went the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Sky?   1 Answer
    • What do you think you responsibilities at Sky will be?   1 Answer
    • What is it that makes you passionate about customer service and contact with clients?   1 Answer

Sports Production Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky in April 2017.

Interview

No interview because they always need interns and require barely any qualifications. I interned before I had even started university. Process was fairly long because HR tends to be slow.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Interview

Easy try to be plain and not to drag

Brand Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

A series of 1:1 meetings with key stakeholders across the business - marketing, general management and country managers. Followed by a pitch presentation to some members of the board

Interview Questions

• What is more important: brand differentiation or distinction?   Answer Question

14 Feb 2020 – Social Media Specialist

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear you had a good experience interviewing with us. We hope to see you again soon when another opportunity that interests you comes up. Thanks, Sky.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Java Developer Contractor. Two-stage interview:
    1. Simple unattended programming assignment (book library) that should be solved in a TDD way to be completed at your leisure
    2. On-site face to face consisting of two parts:
         - Pair programming assignment to finish the implementation of one simple feature and implement another feature based on the given contract (SkyBank, SkyAccount) - expected time of completion 1h (it would be better if finish it in that time). Note: They used intellij on MacPro with annoying/non-standard key-bindings. Make sure you change them just before the inteview to make it go smoother.
        - 1h conversation with 2 managers testing your agile benefits/practices knowledge and ability to design/architect systems

Interview Questions

Sky Response

21 Feb 2020 – Social Media Specialist

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear you had a positive experience interviewing with us, and hope you'll apply again soon when another opportunity arises. Thanks, Sky.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Sky call it an “experience day”, which lasted almost three hours. First there was a group task where you discuss and rank three skills. After that you have a role play with the interviewer. In the role play, myself was the employee whilst the interviewer was a customer and I had to resolve wifi isssues. Finally after the role play I had a strenth based interview. After the whole “experience day”, they got back to me via email the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Newcastle, England) in February 2020.

Interview

- Scenario questionnaire online
    - Video interview
    - Group interview

Group interview had
    - group activity in which we had to choose 3 traits from a list that were best for customer service/sales
    - skills based interview
    - roleplay of a sales call

Had to familiarise ourselves with the product listings and be confident in talking about the different services Sky had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Skills based interview, had to tick 'very much like me, a bit like me, not like me' for things like 'I enjoy meeting targets', 'I thrive in a busy environment/under pressure' and justify your choices.   Answer Question

Customer Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online and later on got invited to apply for a Customer Sales Advisor role in Livingston, Scotland. I completed a few initial questions/scenarios and had to go through a video interview which I passed. I got invited to an Experience Day 10 days later. When I arrived I saw the other 8 people who were with me that day and sensed a very bad vibe. I kept introducing myself to them and I was trying very hard to break the ice. For those who do not know me, I am bubbly and very friendly. I am Italian and that is how we are. We later got called into a bigger room where we sat down and got introtuced to 3 women from the Recruitment Team and Paul, who could have been our manager. Firstly, we were asked to choose 3 qualities from a very long list, put down the reasons why we picked those words and explain ouserlves in a group of 3 in front of one of the women who were recruiting us. I went for knowledge, positive attitude and try your best to help the customer. You do need knowledge of your Company's products and services to make sure that you know how to sell them to the client, you need a very enthusiastic and empathic attitude because that positivity of yours will remove the stress off that call and let the client have a good opinion of your company and last but not least, you do the best you can do to make the client feel understood, heard and served. Once I said that, I noticed the other applicants changing what they wrote down and started agreeing with me which made the group exercise last 4 minutes and the recruiter kept asking if we were sure of what we said. Then they asked us to put down our stengths on paper and they also gave us a questionnaire with things like:"I thrive to push people to do otherwise" and other more "acceptable" statements and you could decide whether that is very much, a bit or not very much like you. Once we did that, they started calling people individually to discuss that with the interviewers while the others were finishing up some scenarios where you choose appropriate packages for different customers, you get a booklet so it is very easy to do. While I was doing this group activity with the others, I heard one of the oldest recruiter shouting "SABRINA, SABRIIIINA". My name is Serena and there were 7 girls there, so I thought to myself that it could not be me and maybe one of the other ladies was called Sabrina. At some point this woman shouted while looking at me:"I am talking to you, you had 7 minutes for your interview. You now have 5". I kindly replied with a big smile saying that my name is Serena and that is why I was not replying. At this point I realized that I was not holding the right paperwork that I was asked to give her, so I ran off and apologised. She kept rolling her eyes at me, but I kept smiling at her. She started off by asking why did I say that I would not push people to do otherwise and I just said that it is not in my nature to push people to do something that they are not too keen on doing, unless it would be more of an advantage for them. She interrupted me and asked me if I like selling and I started talking about my experience working for Ryanair where sales play a big role and that is when I thought I was good at it. And again, she interrupted saying:"When exactly did I ask you to talk about your past experience?"I was only trying to use the STAR method, felt like everything was saying was wrong no matter how right it could have been. She also asked me what I knew about Sky and I said that when I was younger my family could not afford Sky, so I only got sky few years ago.. but I knew that it was founded 25 years ago, that they do not use plastic in their packagings and buildings and that by 2030 they will be carbon free. By saying that, I just received the filthiest look and the biggest eye roll. She later sent me back to my seat, before that she asked me where was I from which made me think a lot.I noticed as well that one of the other recuiters really liked me, she started making conversation with me and asked me in front of the rest of the group where was I from, if I liked Scotland and she kept laughing at my jokes. I did my last bit of the interview with her and I felt like I smashed it. In fact, when I finished she winked and smiled. Left that room thanking everyone for their time, thinking that despite that woman I did very well. The rest of the applicants thought the same, they kept saying that they were sure I got the job. I asked them if that woman was a bit hard to please to them as well and they all said she was lovely to them. I usually hate people who play the card of the foreigner, but that genuinely made me feel like I was not wanted there.To my biggest surprise, I received the email the day after saying that I was UNSUCCESSFUL and that they could not offer me a specific feedback. Well, at this stage I still cannot decide if it was an unfair recruitment process or just a sour grape? Either way, very disappointed.

Business Rotational Program Interview

Interview

The video interview was offered after doing the online assessment, it did not seem too challenging however, I was unsuccessful therefore the standard of answers needed must be very high

Interview Questions

Sky Response

7 Feb 2020 – Social Media Specialist

Hello, we're sorry to hear that you didn't have the best recruitment experience with us, and your application was unsuccessful this time. We hope you'll apply again when an opportunity you're interested in comes around. Hope to see you again soon! Thanks, Sky.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.