Sky Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Sky

1. Featured Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in November 2019.

Interview

super relaxed experience, you will enjoy your self, just practice how to handle a sales call, be enthusiastic, also do not discount subscription fees just keep on emending to the customers needs

Interview Questions

• normal competency based questions   1 Answer

Sky Response

8 Nov 2019 – Head of Brand

Thanks for leaving such a positive review and welcome to Sky!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Interview

Easy try to be plain and not to drag

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, SD (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

After you've completed their online process they contact you within a few days to set up a telephone interview. During that interview, which was in my case 3 days after their call, you are asked to provide them with some details about yourself (authorisation process) and then you're asked about Sky itself, their offer, customer service, your experience, why you'd be good at this job and etc. Immediately after the conversation you're informed whether you passed it. If yes, they tell you that you are invited for a Sky Experience Day, which is basically talking to other candidates there, discussing things like good customer service, group work, role-play (sales advisor-client) and a few written tasks. After that they contact you within a few days to tell you if you're employed or not.
    Everyone is extremely nice and helpful, nothing to worry about :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you went the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Sky?   1 Answer
    • What do you think you responsibilities at Sky will be?   1 Answer
    • What is it that makes you passionate about customer service and contact with clients?   1 Answer

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 stages, phone interview at first with 2 developers, then a tech test, last but not least is the face to face interview with 3 team members, one is the department head, one is a senior developer I had phone interview with and a new developer who i think leads the development team. The whole process took about 2 weeks. Everyone I dealt with during the interview process were super nice and very helpful and kind, which is what draws me to the company. The training programme is also the biggest perk imo

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

First a coding test should be done. If you pass the test then a telephone interview will be arranged. The prepare time for the interview is short, two days. And the time between the coding test and the interview is rather long, about a month. During the interview, self introduction is not asked and some examples that indicates your ability are required. Better to prepare more than two or three.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in November 2013.

Interview

Sky Engineering Academy

I applied online, and received further instructions a week later. I had to do a programming task home and had a week to complete it. Not the hardest thing I've done by far, but because I tried to ace it, it took me an unexpected amount of time (several afternoons).

After this, I was appointed for a phone interview, really short, they just wanted to confirm my personal data and to make sure I understood the conditions of the position. I was then scheduled for an assessment day, in which I was required to work with other candidates over the day. We would have people looking at what we were doing for the whole duration, but they were friendly and even offered help at times.

The tasks we were asked to do collectively were really fun, with even robots involved! The atmosphere was really friendly the whole time, I can't stress this enough.

There was also a small 1:1 interview in which they asked the usual personal questions (what is your worst defect etc...).

At the end of the day, they guided us through their campus and installations and let us talk with current employees to ask anything we wanted without anyone overlooking what questions we were asking.

Overall I couldn't be more impressed.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any hard questions, some of the candidates were not computer scientists and had little experience as programmers, although they had impressive backgrounds from top universities. They were much more interested in our attitude than our skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was made clear since beginning, didn't negotiate.

Auditor Interview

Interview

face to face interview after a written test.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a particular situation if I was the MD of the company   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks and went through 4 stages. The first stage was a phone interview with HR. I was asked basic questions relating to why I wanted to work there and so on(no technical stuff). The phone interview with the woman from HR was very pleasant and easy. The second stage was a phone interview with one of the senior engineers. This time I was asked more technical questions relating to software engineering. The third stage was the code production stage. I was sent a brief and was asked to develop a small application so they could get a feel for my programming abilities and style. And after all that I was finally invited for a face to face interview with two of the companies senior software engineers. This last interview stage was split into two parts. The first part was just sitting down and having a chat with the two engineers about the code I had produced earlier and just talking about different technologies. I really enjoyed this part as we were having a proper chat and it felt like I was talking to some friends from University and not like I'm being interviewed for a job. The second part was an aptitude test. This part was slightly less enjoyable since the test requires you to concentrate very hard for a very long period of time, but at the same time It was not very difficult and quite thought provoking.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about your dissertation project."   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

interview experience insights with job:
    Lengthy screening & lot of waiting to get called for the next stages.

They asked to appear for Test
    Face to face interview with whiteboard exercise
    Asked questions about technology Front end & Frameworks
    Also lot of personality type questions
    Overall realxed but challenging processs
    Needed to wait for week or so to get the the feedback

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in October 2015.

Interview

Poor management - first interview cancelled last minute. The interview itself involved aggressive questioning and I got the impression they were trying to trip you up etc. I did not get a good impression of the company and walked out of the interview not wanting an offer. Told I would hear at the start of the next week but I received an email 3 weeks later.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

I replied to an advert. About two weeks later I was asked to interview. The interview was fairly standard with some behavioural questions. There was also a legal question sent before the interview which was discussed. I also met some of the legal team. However, that was the last I heard of the matter despite asking for feedback. I chased after the interview and received no reply. It would have been nice if SKY had the courtesy to come back and tell me they were not taking my application forward instead of "radio silence"

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.