Sky Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Interview Questions

Updated 19 May 2018

1. Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by two rounds of face to face interviews with different levels of staff at Sky. Friendly and informal throughout, with the intent to draw out more than you would during interviews based around rehearsed competency questions.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

4 Oct 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We try to keep our interviews as relaxed and friendly as possible, as we believe this reflects what life at Sky is really like. We're glad you... More

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, SD (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

After you've completed their online process they contact you within a few days to set up a telephone interview. During that interview, which was in my case 3 days after their call, you are asked to provide them with some details about yourself (authorisation process) and then you're asked about Sky itself, their offer, customer service, your experience, why you'd be good at this job and etc. Immediately after the conversation you're informed whether you passed it. If yes, they tell you that you are invited for a Sky Experience Day, which is basically talking to other candidates there, discussing things like good customer service, group work, role-play (sales advisor-client) and a few written tasks. After that they contact you within a few days to tell you if you're employed or not.
    Everyone is extremely nice and helpful, nothing to worry about :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you went the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Sky?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you responsibilities at Sky will be?   Answer Question
    • What is it that makes you passionate about customer service and contact with clients?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Interview

Easy try to be plain and not to drag

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Online application
    Pretty short Telephone interview (more like a screening test)
    Pretty straight forward situational strengths test
    Very straight forward Coding assessment (programming assessment due in 3 days )
    Very long day assessment center (team work assessment)

Interview Questions

• What programming language are you most comfortable with   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Phone interview was generally a positive experience. Never had to do one so was pretty nervous. Being prepared helped a bit but I guess answers weren't specific enough.

The interview is about being you and how you achieve certains goals in certain situations.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

15 May 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review. Our telephone interview do require you to provide specific examples for each question. If you wish to apply to work with us in the future, please... More

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

Got telephone interview but ended it after 5 mins as job was advertised at 30000 34 000 ote. They offered 22000. Didn't get to any questions. They make you jump through some hoops but wouldn't leave a job paying 30 for 22

Interview Questions

Sky Response

15 May 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. The basic salary for Home Service Engineers is £22k. £30k is inclusive of company benefits.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

I’ve been on the telephone interview but didn’t feel comfortable with the person, she was unprofessional, I think she’s new to her jobs, needs more training, supervised.
    I did my homework.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any criminal convictions?
      My answer was is it spent or unspent? having my Disclosure and Barring Service came through recently but I was asked again am I sure, she went saying people apply with convictions but later get rejected, at this point I thought I wasn’t getting anywhere with this lady, she clearly levelled me as a criminal.
      Interview lasted about 30 minutes, having answered the questions as professionally as I could I even stop talking for her to type but didn’t get asked if I want to add anything else to my answers, it seems like it the interview was fast tracked.   Answer Question

Customer Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland) in May 2018.

Interview

Starts off with a phone interview asking quite generic experience-based questions which lasted about 30 minutes. Told immediately whether or not you are successful.

If you are then you're invited to an 'experience day' at the call centre. Involves: 1) a team exercise in which you choose 3 words relating to customer service from a list and write a couple of sentences about why you think it's important. You then discuss this with two others while an assessor listens and then asks a couple of questions; 2) A one-to-one interview lasting 5-10 minutes about why you want to work in this particular role. At no point prior to this stage were we told it was a retentions position so being asked why I would 'love' to be a retentions advisor stumped me a bit. The sheet you get before the one-on-one literally says "I would really love to be a Save Sales Advisor because:". I mean seriously. Anyway they ask you pretty basic questions and that's that; and 3) a roleplay with an assessor about a customer who is phoning up to cancel their service. You get information sheets beforehand to help you but they're mainly looking at what your manner with customers is like. So friendly, helpful etc.

Finally you get a quick tour of the call centre.

Interview Questions

• Why would you 'really love' to be a Save Sales Advisor?   Answer Question

22 May 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on your experience. It's disappointing to hear that you weren't made aware that the role was retentions. As part of the telephone interview process... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

Standard online application, telephone conversation, CBI, group interview and presentation. Very welcoming and friendly team.
    You are shown around the company and wooed with benefits and promises.
    Overall straight forward and a good company to work with.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

15 May 2018 – Community Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased you had a positive experience with us and we hope you enjoy your new role. Thanks, Sky.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Online application which required you to do questions. Then it was an telephone interview, nothing technical. Then a coding challenge to complete in 3 days. The challenge was to code a moonslider which recommended movies to the user depending on the mood they entered, depending on your skill might be difficult or easy. Finally was an assessment centre which was split into two groups and was focused on coding for the whole day with presenting it your work at the end. Our team had a setback which was their fault with the database connectivity and caused our team to fall behind but I do not think the work was the major test, I believe they wanted to know how you would work with a team.

Disappointed with the company. One of their values is Feedback and improvement and they mentioned how important feedback was multiple times during the assessment centre, saying how we were would receive an in depth personal feedback on our performance. However, only received some feedback, majority being good with only one bad feedback, saying I was not focused after I took a break to pray (Friday prayer for Islamic reasons) which was not that long (30 mins and timing was not in my control) but they said my concentration was not the same after I left the room for a long period. When I ask for more information on the setbacks, I did not receive a reply.

I do wish they had given better feedback as they told us they would many time, to know how to improve. Feedback should not be an issue as there has to be a reason to accept or reject someone.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Applied online. Pretty simple and easy. Next day I receive and email to ask if I would be interested in a telephone interview, within the same day I received a call to schedule this. I was unable to do all the dates I was offered because I would be in work. I was told they would call me back ASAP when the following weeks dairy was open which I was good would be the next two days. They didn’t. So I had to call them.

Managed to get a date and time that suited. I was called 15 minutes after the scheduled time (started to think they had forgot) so that wasn’t the best start.

The lady seemed quite nice to begin with, explain the job title, salary, working hours etc.

Through the whole interview all I could hear was so much background noice from her end so it’s obviously just someone in a call centre somewhere doing the interview. I was constantly having to ask her to repeat herself which I felt she was getting annoyed about due to her tone in voice. There was a number of times she asked me to repeat myself too.

To begin with you get about 3/4 competency based questions. After you answer the competency based questions your then asked a follow up question on your answer (I thought I had prepared well for these but I could have done more) Then asked what you know about sky, why you want to work for them and what you think your job role will be.

After the interview was finished she put me on hold for 20 minutes to then come back on the phone and say “ok we’ll email you the results thank you”. Don’t understand why I had to be put on hold for so long?

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you overcame a problem a problem to achieve a goal   Answer Question
    • What makes you good at problem solving?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think your good at problem solving?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time you persuaded someone to purchase a product or service of you that was particularly hard?   Answer Question

27 Mar 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review on your experience. It's disappointing to hear that you didn't have a great experience at the telephone interview stage. I've passed your... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.